Guy Splashes Kids At A Bus Stop

That driver kind of sounds like Stewie from Family Guy.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
The road was wet and he was moving at a good clip. Ever hit a puddle like that and feel your wheel pull? They could have easily lost control and killed someone. If that were one of my kids, and you sped by like that in the rain, close to the curb, I’d find you and give you an emergency room beating and wait there with you to be arrested. Then I’d tell the judge what I did and why and that I would do it again later that day if the same thing happened again.[/quote]

This is the truth. I’m hoping there won’t be a string of copycats doing this, as it was a dangerous stunt to pull. Especially when you’re gambling with other people’s lives.

Judging by the vehicle ride height may may been a SUV. The extra weight keeps it from hydroplaning more so than a small size car. It also depends how well the wheels can cut through water as well.

Not this is an excuse from not splashing the kids but it could have turned out for the worse if indeed they went into the kids.

From personal experience hydroplaning is easy to recover from with just letting off the gas and holding the stirring wheel firm. The roads I travel here have wheel grooves in them from heavy trucks and water collects in the all the time.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
From personal experience hydroplaning is easy to recover from with just letting off the gas and holding the stirring wheel firm.[/quote]

This was a woman driver, you know.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
From personal experience hydroplaning is easy to recover from with just letting off the gas and holding the stirring wheel firm.

This was a woman driver, you know.[/quote]

I was not going to say that, but people assume they could recover from it. I’ve seen so many people fly all over the road on rainy days, it does not even phase me any more.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
From personal experience hydroplaning is easy to recover from with just letting off the gas and holding the stirring wheel firm.

I forgot that tim bit. I HATE women drivers! Don’t get me started on them…

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

This was a woman driver, you know.

I forgot that tim bit. I HATE women drivers! Don’t get me started on them…[/quote]

I cycle to work. Trust me, I know exactly what you’re talking about.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

Rofl. Ouch.

[quote]x_alli_x wrote:
Here is the link to the BBC site for the news story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/pm/2009/10/splashing_a_bus_stop.shtml

Sloth, I think you should have written the headline, yours is a lot better.

Our steering wheels over here are on the right hand side of the car 'cos we’re weird like that over here :stuck_out_tongue:

I swear the world is losing its sense of humour…[/quote]

nah just the dumb ones, that was hilarious. of course if it happens to you, you don’t think so but nontheless still funny. Kind of like the garbage can full of water prank, funny when it happens to someone else, but not so funny if it happens to you.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

I forgot that tim bit. I HATE women drivers! Don’t get me started on them…[/quote]

HEY! We’re not all that bad!
I passed my driving test with 1 minor fault! You’re allowed 15.
But some just let the side down…

[quote]x_alli_x wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

I forgot that tim bit. I HATE women drivers! Don’t get me started on them…

HEY! We’re not all that bad!
I passed my driving test with 1 minor fault! You’re allowed 15.
But some just let the side down…[/quote]

I was going to edit my post before this happened ahah. Don’t get me wrong some are good. I’ve seen women drive dump trucks and what not around town and I could never drive one as good as them. But overall they are not good :stuck_out_tongue:

Us guys do stupid stuff like drift in the snow and do donuts to make us better drivers. My gf is so scared to do that kind of stuff and I tell her it will make you a better driver lol.