T Nation

Guy Kicks Bag 13 Times in 5 Seconds

The dude is actually a ninja. He’s a kickboxer going into MMA fighting.

Here’s a video of him knocking the fuck outta some dude with a SPINNING BACK KICK in an MMA fight:

That dude he defeated was pipped as being someone highly likely to go into the UFC in his fighting career.

all I kept thinking was I would hug and clinch that guy like there is no tomorrow. That kick to the body sounded brutal.

That kick to the body was intense! The way he throws those front kicks threw dude off his game…it was actually the right hand that followed the kick that knocked homeboy out

that guy is my new hero.

[quote]666Rich wrote:
that guy is my new hero.[/quote]

Better start stretching then!

It looks like he comes from a TKD background. I predict he could be difficult for a lot of fighters because most people in MMA aren’t capable of dealing with that kind of kicking. Seeing as groin strikes aren’t allowed to give the wrestlers a better chance of winning, kicking like that is a good way to take advantage of the rules. There are ways to shut him down but most people are going to be wondering WTF is he doing and do the wrong thing.

That double squat kick, spinning punch, jump spinning hook kick, punch, combination that he used to finish off the fight in the second video had his opponent befuddled. The double kicks showed him his range and kept his opponent back which gave him room to wind up and fly. All the other guy knew to do was pull his guard up which was a good move, but then he stood there which is bad and then even worse he started moving backwards. So instead of the kick hitting him in the head it was used to pull down his guard creating the opening for the punch.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
It looks like he comes from a TKD background. I predict he could be difficult for a lot of fighters because most people in MMA aren’t capable of dealing with that kind of kicking. Seeing as groin strikes aren’t allowed to give the wrestlers a better chance of winning, kicking like that is a good way to take advantage of the rules. There are ways to shut him down but most people are going to be wondering WTF is he doing and do the wrong thing.

That double squat kick, spinning punch, jump spinning hook kick, punch, combination that he used to finish off the fight in the second video had his opponent befuddled. The double kicks showed him his range and kept his opponent back which gave him room to wind up and fly. All the other guy knew to do was pull his guard up which was a good move, but then he stood there which is bad and then even worse he started moving backwards. So instead of the kick hitting him in the head it was used to pull down his guard creating the opening for the punch.

[/quote]

Close but no cigar. His background is kung fu.

EDIT: Btw, what does going strikes have to do with anything?

[quote]WP wrote:

EDIT: Btw, what does going strikes have to do with anything?[/quote]

If one stands with a leg raised and ready to kick it exposes ones groin. Which would be a terrible idea, except that it’s not a valid target.

I just saw a video of an older Tai Chi instructor talking about applications of it and saying when confronted by combat athletes go to the groin first always. They dont train to protect it as its illegal in the sport. This guy reminds me of that.

Just wondering. Would a wrestler have anymore of an opportunity for a groin strike considering his kicks are that fast. He would have to observe it then go for it all in less then a second.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Just wondering. Would a wrestler have anymore of an opportunity for a groin strike considering his kicks are that fast. He would have to observe it then go for it all in less then a second.[/quote]
Keep the gap closed.

JVD would take him down with one of his spectacular groin strikes.

The guy is impressive though.

Err… once again… what the fuck does groin strikes have to do with anything? This is an MMA match, not some stupid hypothetical street fighting scenario thread.

If you want to discuss groin strikes and all that bullshit then go start a different thread. If you wanna argue about MMA fighting and the application of kicks like his, stay.

[quote]WP wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[/quote]

Close but no cigar. His background is kung fu.

EDIT: Btw, what does going strikes have to do with anything?[/quote]

Rearing back on one leg and just standing there while repeatedly twitching out multiple kicks with the front leg like he does in the video is a TKD move. It’s a fairly useless technique outside of sport because it leaves the groin wide open. Plus while you are reared back on one leg like that you can’t move effectively. It’s taking advantage of the rules to do something that is really impracticable otherwise.

In general if you know how to angle off of that kick he’s in a real bad position. If groin was legal it would be even worse for him. But don’t worry. Most people in MMA aren’t going to be able to hang with what he’s doing because they don’t have that kind of a background. If he has other skills to go with his kicking ability he could be real dangerous.

You have to be careful with that stance even in sport fighting. I may have taken advantage of the “1 warning” rule a few times in my TKD days to “accidentally” drive a side kick right down that stance. Know your rules.