Guy Bullshitting Me about these Exercises being Bad?

OP, this is not the way of working “to failure”.

For me, the highlight of the OP’s two threads is him calling people trying to help “cunts” and “buffoons.” Drivethruhero, that you?

the men’s health forum is that way →

WOW. This thread took a turn for the epic.

wow, this guy’s really concerned about hurting his shoulders/biceps

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/safe_bicep_exericses

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/anyone_do_shoulder_exercises_for_injury_prevention

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/slaplabrum_tear_would_i_know_if_i_had_one_

[quote]G87 wrote:
For me, the highlight of the OP’s two threads is him calling people trying to help “cunts” and “buffoons.” Drivethruhero, that you?[/quote]

This shit is insane. People like that don’t deserve any attention at all but they seem to be the loudest. These idiots are the reason the guys who have achieved a lot avoid trying to help anyone at all.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Professor X wrote:
supabeast wrote:
Stop wasting time arguing with people because they don’t parrot exactly what you happen to have read online and spend more time lifting.

I am betting that attitude is rampant on this site with newbies.

They don’t understand they are missing out by not grasping the concept that there are very few absolutes in bodybuilding. What works for one may not work for someone else and if you ask 5 different big guys why/how they train, you will get 5 different responses that may be similar in some ways but differ in others.

A smart man would listen to all, find what is in common and learn what works for them through trial and error.

The bad thing is, many of these guys aren’t anywhere near as smart as they think they are.

The net: 90% of people is hardcore, has ‘respectable’ stats and dominates virtually every concept on weightlifting, nutrition, supps, etc…

The average gym: 90% of the people you see doesn’t look worked, thinks a 135lb bench press is hardcore, stares at you as if you were some strange bug when you load the bar with more than 2 plates on the squat, and asks you for fast tips to get jacked.

Something must be worng, or there must be some phenomenom associated with all advanced lifters being attracted to the net.[/quote]

What it is, is that for every lb they imaginary add to their Bench Press their they add 1lb to their 80lb frame :stuck_out_tongue:

Man where is the OP now? Little goblin just starts shit and runs.

He just getting us flappin.

-chris

[quote]Professor X wrote:
supabeast wrote:
Stop wasting time arguing with people because they don’t parrot exactly what you happen to have read online and spend more time lifting.

I am betting that attitude is rampant on this site with newbies.

They don’t understand they are missing out by not grasping the concept that there are very few absolutes in bodybuilding. What works for one may not work for someone else and if you ask 5 different big guys why/how they train, you will get 5 different responses that may be similar in some ways but differ in others.

A smart man would listen to all, find what is in common and learn what works for them through trial and error.

The bad thing is, many of these guys aren’t anywhere near as smart as they think they are.[/quote]

The problem with trail and error to adapt your routine is that it takes a little bit of independent thought and a lot of consistency in the gym. Most people lack both.

PX:
Funnily enough, I tried to give someone advice for the first time in ages at the gym today. Guy was in the power rack, doing deadlifts with 90 lbs and not breaking a sweat. The deadlifts were really more like hack squats, in that he wouldn’t bend his back at all and had to throw the barbell to the front to get it past his knees.

I’m working on my own DL form so I usually wouldn’t say anything, but this guy was beyond horrible. So I went over, told him:

1. The difference between a hack squat and a deadlift
  2. To pull the deadlift “in” instead of “up” and bend his back.
  3. To get out of the damn power rack if he’s not overhead lifting, squatting, or otherwise in need of the pins.

10 minutes later, I see the same jackass doing some weird shrug/row combo that the dudes at my gym seem to love with an empty bar. WAT!?

OP is probably on the Maxim forums right now, bitching about us T-Nationers.

“These fags from T-Nation are totally cramping my style. Someone, do me a write-up so I can make those haters choke on their own bile”

“Yeah, those gym rats are always getting all up in my groove at the fitness center! They ruin everything with their sweat, grunting and heavy weights. All I want to do is mouth the words to Lil Mama’s “lipstick” as I do reverse grip one-handed power concentration curls on a swiss ball, my legs up on a bench with a mighty 10 lbs, trying to really focus on that contraction. Now get back to working those sweet pecs, sweetie! Teehee!”

[quote]G87 wrote:

10 minutes later, I see the same jackass doing some weird shrug/row combo that the dudes at my gym seem to love with an empty bar. WAT!?

[/quote]

upright row maybe?
or a yates row?
that’s what you seem to be describing.

Though i wouldn’t expect the average gym-goer to know a yates row.

supabeast wrote:
Stop wasting time arguing with people!

[/quote]

Second the motion…this is how it’d done!

Listen to everyone; decide for yourself!!

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
G87 wrote:

upright row maybe?
or a yates row?
that’s what you seem to be describing.

Though i wouldn’t expect the average gym-goer to know a yates row. [/quote]

Yeah, it’s a lot like that! But you have to do it very slowly, hog the power rack, not strain yourself, and it’s not so much of a row as a rolling motion with your shoulders. Ya gotta see it to believe it.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Professor X wrote:
supabeast wrote:

[/quote]

That’ll just result in all of us wasting our time giving advice and him ignoring all that in the end :wink:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Professor X wrote:
supabeast wrote:

That’ll just result in all of us wasting our time giving advice and him ignoring all that in the end :wink:
[/quote]

wtf is this shit. I was only asking because I was told that Incline DB curls were not the best movement for ones shoulders and biceps. Nevermind, I am doing BB curls and hammers now in the slowest and most controlled fashion possible.

[quote]Hazza1989 wrote:
wtf is this shit.
[/quote]

INDEED

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
What he said seems to be pretty common knowledge…

Whats your problem? And how the fuck are you training legs/back on the same day?[/quote]

Thats what I’m saying: The dude has some ground to stand on with what he said, but I merely let people talk, absorb whatever they say that I find interesting and keep on doing what I’m doing and maybe applying there input if I find it appealing enough. Remember squats are bad and deadlifting will kill your lower back :wink:

lol @ OP

G87 wrote:
For me, the highlight of the OP’s two threads is him calling people trying to help “cunts” and “buffoons.” Drivethruhero, that you?

This shit is insane. People like that don’t deserve any attention at all but they seem to be the loudest. These idiots are the reason the guys who have achieved a lot avoid trying to help anyone at all.[/quote]

Those are also the same people for whom the lunk alarms are Planet Fitness were designed.

I only read the first post.

I want to say “Kid you are a complete idiot trying to find info to show up a guy who’s bigger and more knowledgeable than you and knows what he’s talking about”

but knowing that everyone has to start somewhere, I won’t.