Gut Health! Sort of a Log

I dunno man, you could try a different stimulant I suppose. Caffeine? Have a coffee instead of a cigarette and see how that goes.

Either that or just buy a pipe and a sweet smoking jacket and look cool as fuck.

Technically speaking I don’t have IBS, but I do have many of the symptoms and have for years and have the syndrome ‘nervous stomach syndrome’. It’s about as close to a diagnosis without being a diagnosis.

Anyway, what did it for me was low dose tricyclic antidepressants. My issues were pain/discomfort and diarrhea related. Mostly pain and discomfort that greatly worsened just from stress and sleep levels just being a little off. I found nortriptyline much more tolerable than amitriptyline. But both fixed it.

Aren’t anti depressants accompanied by their own set of side effects?

They can, but not necessarily. 30mg of nortriptyline fixed all problems and I didn’t have any side effects from it. 25mg of amitriptyline caused sedation, lowered libido, and brain fog. Ami wasn’t the right one for me, but nortrip was great.

These are very low doses of antidepressants so the sides aren’t going to be as bad if present at all. You just gotta weight the pros vs the cons and work to find the right solution.

Pharma isn’t always the devil. It can be really helpful depending on the person and situation.

So it appears that fermented foods really are every bit as awesome as they’re supposed to be.

I had an absolutely killer stomach bug last week; I’ll spare you the details but I didn’t eat for like 4 days.

Usually after something like that it takes a good fortnight or so for me to get back to normal, but I’ve been eating a little sauerkraut every day and honestly my digestion has been better than it has in years. I can even eat foods that I thought were off limits like spicy stuff and deli meat.

So yeah, highly recommend getting some fermented stuff if you’re having issues.

Has anyone ever attempted a parasite cleanse to improve their GI? I’ve travelled abroad extensively in the last year including the third world so I’ve decided to give it a go.

My stack:

Pau D’arco
Echinacea
Black Walnut
Goldseal
Wormwood
Fennel powder
Ginger Root

I bought the ingredients in bulk, mixed them together in equal parts and will be taking 3 tsp /day.

1 tablespoon of diatomaceous earth

I drink apple cider vinegar and eat Kimchi daily

Scientists at UCLA noticed that “time and time again” people suffered their first experience with anxiety or depression right after stomach illnesses. They did brain scans after patients ate probiotics, and found that stomach bacteria actually directly affected connectivity of the brain.

1 Like

that’s a really cool find

fermented foods are a god damn game changer

Since adding in a little sauerkraut a few times a week I can eat anything with no issues at all.

Pretty much all the foods I thought were off limits are back on the menu. I may even try going back to drinking whey protein!

Anyone make and drink Kombucha tea? If so what results and how long before you got them. Thanks

Hurt my stomach…

I have found a lot of relief from using Simethicone (brand Gas-X) to relieve my bloating symptoms.

Only Con: I can’t stop farting out the air.

Would recommend for anyone suffering from bad bloating symptoms.

have you tried an elimination diet, raj?

Since cutting out certain foods I never get bloated anymore, and I rarely ever even fart (I actually kinda miss it…)

Sadly I have…

and you’re still getting bloating? That sucks, mate.

Ever tried an SIBO protocol?

No but I’ve never found onions garlic avocado to give me issues.

I think for whatever reason gas just gets trapped in my stomach

I strongly recommend it. I’m convinced the elimination diet wouldn’t have been as effective had I not done the SIBO protocol first.

It’s something to consider if you’re dealing with long term digestive problems. I mean, it has to be caused by something and SIBO is a common culprit

1 Like

I’ve had plenty of gut issues in the past before as well. In addition to the stuff that you’re already doing, consider adding bone broth, aloe Vera juice, and apple cider vinegar. Worked wonders for me

fucking gut problems again!

Bah. Something I’m eating fucks with me every now and then and I can’t work out what.

Back to the elimination diet I go.