Gun Threats Are A Serious Matter

That was bamf. Certified.

The skateboarder was seriously, seriously lucky. Also, in his defense, though I couldn’t make out most of what was being said, it appeared that he did try to walk away from the guy with the gun at first. Guy with the gun was following him around. One more thing, when the supposed adults came in to break the thing up, you could hear the skater yell, “He pulled a GUN on me!!!” Kid was RAW with emotion, and understandably so. I don’t think the skater was trying to be hard at all.

The idiot who pulled the gun – and it’s hard for me to believe he intended to use it, both from his attitude/carriage and from the fact that it’s broad daylight with multiple witnesses – got less than he deserved. He deserved… I can’t even say. He got less, let’s leave it at that.

Sad thing is, unless the gunman is some unconnected kid (he looked still school-age to me, though older than the boarders) who just happened to get a gun – unless this was an incident in suburbia involving random stupid punks – odds are it’s not over. Skater’s gotta be scared the gunboy’s homies are gonna come after him. The punk with the gun, if he goes to jail, will likely not come out better for the experience. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the guy. He deserved the beatdown of the century and worse. I’m just saying that, on average, people come out of prison less likely to be good citizens than when they went in. (I just saw the movie Sleepers for the first time, so maybe that’s coloring my judgement.) You fill in the blanks.

Best possible outcome: Homie with the gun learns something about himself from the beatdown. Does that rare kind of time that scares him and makes him think but doesn’t fuck him up permanently for society. Skater is left alone by the gunhomie’s pals. He learns something about his reserves of guts and courage – which he definitely has – but also gets some perspective on the situation (i.e. doesn’t henceforth react to everything by trying to be hard). Aftermath of this could be pretty traumatic, even though he got out of the immediate danger very well. I’d hope the adults in his life (parents, court, school officials) would monitor his well-being in a benevolent way – be there for him if he needs them/needs any help, and not treat him like he did anything wrong.

I’d be worried, the way adults (schools and courts) deal with kids and violence that the skateboarder would be punished, too. I’d be interested to know the fallout of this situation.

[quote]Feist wrote:
I’d be interested to know the fallout of this situation.[/quote]

agreed, was there any followup?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Well just from how the gunman was holding the gun, I wish he would have tried to fire the gun. Because he would likely shoot himself in the artery. Who holds a gun like that?[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking. I know nothing about guns, but firing a pistol with it right next to your face seems pretty fucking dumb.

This video made my day.

that kid was awesome. But you could tell he tried to walk away and the guy with the gun was following him around. At one point you even saw the kid step in front of his friend, appeared to me to be helping out a scared friend. But like someone said above we have no idea what was said, which was probably the reason he didnt/couldnt walk away. Also +1 to the two guys that took out his friend although they only held him down that was a good call on their part. Thank goodness he didnt have a gun either, who knows what could have happened then. Granted these kids are very lucky i still give respect to the kid for defending himself when need be. And it didnt look like he was ready to stop anytime soon because you could hear his buddies saying lets go and he just kept wailing away. Too bad he couldnt pack a little more punch.

Can you imagine the thoughts and the adrenaline flowing through the Skater kids mind. “This piece of shit just tried to punk me an pulled a gun on me and threatened my life?” The skater kid wore his ass out properly. I like how his boys ran up on the fight as soon as things jumped off to get a piece of the action. The kid was extremely lucky and should thank his lucky stars, but for the moment it was “skate or die” bitch.

I don’t know why his skater buddies didn’t go unmerciful on that guy.

You pull a gun…it should be over either way…they should’ve beat him senseless. It wasn’t at all a fair fight anymore, so go to school on him till he’s in a wheelchair for the rest of his life…then find him 2 years later and piss on him and laugh.

omg dude, I got a rush of adrenaline watching that video. I started screaming at my computer screen “KICK HIS FUCKING ASS!”

I truly believe the guy with the gun deserved much more than he got. If I was in a similar situation now I would have held him for the cops. after hopefully not beating him to death. Some of you seem to misconstrue what self defense really is. If you have a chance to break away and don’t take it you are no longer in a self defense situation. Once the gunman was beaten unconcious anything you do is no longer self defense. Is it likely that you would be held accountable if the gunman died? Maybe. Never know now adays. Once the other skaters jump in and the gunman is obviously beaten “senseless” you can’t claim your defending yourself. especially if the guy no longer has the gun. I would have hoped one of the skaters grabbed it. I sure as shit wouldn’t leave it around for the guy to grab when he got up.

Don’t get me wrong. If someone pulled a gun on me and I was forced into that situation I would not have stopped beating the guy until he stopped moving. Kid got very lucky. I’ve heard from some buddies ,who are cops or work in the prison, say if someone has a weapon and they are not using it but only gaining the threat of it to rush them. I’m not going to test that though.

Last time I had a gun pulled on me I handed shit over like the guys asked and went on my way. Unless forced to I would never take on a guy with a gun, hell or a knife unless for a damn good reason.

Shit. kid does have some god damn brass balls though.

damn if that kid had some size or got some kicks in…whoooo

If that happened to me I have no idea what to do, I had self defense classes where you demobilize a person with a handgun but damn in reality its a totally different story, adrenaline and all you cant really comprehend whats going on. That being said I would’ve gone apesht on the kid with the gun if that was me and knee, kick, and punch that kid like no tomorow.

Its like you were willing to take my life, or at least threaten it, I would not let that go so easily.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I don’t know why his skater buddies didn’t go unmerciful on that guy.

You pull a gun…it should be over either way…they should’ve beat him senseless. It wasn’t at all a fair fight anymore, so go to school on him till he’s in a wheelchair for the rest of his life…then find him 2 years later and piss on him and laugh.[/quote]

i think they were trying to. but there weren’t any clean headshots to get on that guy cause the other kid was grappling with him/hitting him in the head. plus the kids weighed like 140 each.

The kid seemed very composed for what happened, and reacted pretty well. Unless you are super trained and conditioned for it, I would think all those self defense classes go right out the window when you get a mega shot of go-juice from the fight or flight response. Grabbing the gun and stunning the guy with a shot to the jaw was great. He was lucky that the guy hadn’t done any wrestling or all that extra weight would have been a problem. Not sure what the guy with the cameras problem was, he should of been sprinting over there and smashing the guy who the pulled the guns face in with it. The guy with the gun is lucky, getting involved in what looked to be a 3-4 on 2 brawl is a bad idea unless you go in shooting, and pulling the gun just about gives the skateboarders license to crack your skull open.

The skateboarders looked like normal kids just out having fun, not thugs, if they had been angrier they had plenty of time to pile on and kill that kid. If the kid fighting with the guy with the gun had had some MMA training it could have gone a lot worse as well, he got some good punches in, but with the weird angle and the guy grabbing and trying to buck him, he could have done a lot more damage with a bunch of full-body torqued elbows to the face.

when they all ran in it kinda reminded me of the scene in the movie “kids”

They should have shoved that gun up his ass, so it would take surgery to remove it

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
They should have shoved that gun up his ass, so it would take surgery to remove it[/quote]

it was a pretty small gun

probably like a .22 revolver or something, fucking punk guns

I’m saving that for the education of my future sons.

Almost makes me hope some dumbfuck pulls a gun on me one of these days. If it happens, I just hope there’s a videocamera around to catch me shoving that gun up his ass.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if the kid with the gun tried to get revenge in one of the most cowardly ways possible. In those types of situations, people should be broken and disabled, so that they have no chance of acting upon revenge.

[quote]BiggieBenAgain wrote:
I truly believe the guy with the gun deserved much more than he got. If I was in a similar situation now I would have held him for the cops. after hopefully not beating him to death. Some of you seem to misconstrue what self defense really is. If you have a chance to break away and don’t take it you are no longer in a self defense situation. Once the gunman was beaten unconcious anything you do is no longer self defense. Is it likely that you would be held accountable if the gunman died? Maybe. Never know now adays. Once the other skaters jump in and the gunman is obviously beaten “senseless” you can’t claim your defending yourself. especially if the guy no longer has the gun. I would have hoped one of the skaters grabbed it. I sure as shit wouldn’t leave it around for the guy to grab when he got up.

Don’t get me wrong. If someone pulled a gun on me and I was forced into that situation I would not have stopped beating the guy until he stopped moving. Kid got very lucky. I’ve heard from some buddies ,who are cops or work in the prison, say if someone has a weapon and they are not using it but only gaining the threat of it to rush them. I’m not going to test that though.

Last time I had a gun pulled on me I handed shit over like the guys asked and went on my way. Unless forced to I would never take on a guy with a gun, hell or a knife unless for a damn good reason.

Shit. kid does have some god damn brass balls though. [/quote]

Self defense or not, kill him, wipe your prints off the gun and put it back in his hand. Who is gonna testify against you? All the friends you were out skating with?

also, a lot of you guys have suggested shoving the gun up the guys ass. This is a good call, but must respectfully submit “Buckwheats” for consideration?