Gun Policy in the USA

How so? Canada has 10x the gun control of most of the US and their gun crime is increasing.

Or this.

I was referring to the US.

What I was referring to was gun crime in Toronto, the nation’s largest city. I haven’t heard nationwide that it is getting out of control.

All the reporting on the Toronto shooting saying no evidence it was ISIS linked. Then the below from the Toronto Sun. Nope, not terrorism… no threat here. Just mental illness.

So the mental health conversation is moot at this point. He killed people because religious fundamentalists told him to.

“Hussain had visited ISIS websites and may have expressed support for the terrorist group, CBS News and the Toronto Sun reported, citing law enforcement sources. A law enforcement source told the Toronto Sun the 29-year-old expressed “support” for a website that was seen as “pro” ISIS."

I just took a look at the Globe and Mail, saw nothing, then found something on the Toronto Star’s site indicating nothing conclusive.

Maybe both Terrorism and mental health?

I’d imagine nobody who goes on a mass shooting spree could be considered “well adjusted”. You could probably diagnose every single killer with something in the DSM-V.

Society has to look at the manipulative people preying on these weak minded fools to do their murder for them. Whether or not he trained with ISIS at their base or just read their websites they are still culpable for sure.

1 Like

I realize this thread had been creeping down the recent list, but here is a news story out of Canada, there have been a few like it recently because of all the buzz about the Toronto shooting:

there has been an increase in domestically sourced guns getting into criminals’ hands, but the border with the US is a major factor as well.

The Prime Minister just did a cabinet shuffle, and a former Toronto police chief is handling border security and organized crime reduction.

One thing that struck me about the article is that if someone wants to target shoot, they don’t need 10 of the exact same gun design.

I am curious what anyone thinks of this oped from a man currently in jail who was a gangbanger. He has some vague ideas about giving people an alternate ‘image’ I guess I should call it to live up to. How often is anything like it attempted anywhere?

Another couple of recent articles as an addendum that touches a little on gun policy in Canada.

if no one is allowed to easily purchase a weapon then it wouldn’t be so easy to commit mass shootings, would it?

I guess that works within our country, but how do we control weapons in others once we get rid of them here?

We use the guns people were coerced into voluntarily turning in or else

Yeah, but “no one” is allowed.

Edit: Maybe he means “some” should be allowed. Kind of like that story where everyone is equal but some are more equal than others.

Duh … government doesn’t purchase anything, they clearly acquiring it through taxes and redistribute the guns. Keep up Nick

1 Like

Well duh. It’s not a democracy. It’s a REPUBLIC!

In a Republic everyone needs more guns to protect against guns.

Funny how Israel and Switzerland have tons of homes with guns (many fully automatic) and near zero crime.

Must be the dipshits that live in the US causing problems. Break the society, blame the liberty for the problems.

2 Likes

I hear your dog whistle. Where do you want to meet up to burn a cross?(/s)

Rather poor dog whistle considering Israelis come in all colors and the mass shooters in the US are white dudes for the most part. I’ll have to up my racist game.

And also have “tyrannical” gun laws that would make you start foaming at the mouth.

Transporting guns

Guns may be transported in public as long as an appropriate justification is present. This means to transport a gun in public, the following requirements apply (art. 28 WG/LArm):

The gun must be unloaded and transported separately from any ammunition, with no ammunition being transported in a magazine.

The transport must be by a reasonable route and requires a valid purpose:

To or from courses or exercises in marksmanship, hunting or for military purposes.
To or from an army warehouse.
To show the gun to a possible buyer.
To or from a holder of a valid arms trade permit.
To or from a specific event, e.g. gun shows.
During change of residence.

2 Likes

He was taking a crack that defending a GOP topic is akin to dog whistling for racism.

You didn’t get it because you’ve met a Democrat IRL before. Weird coincidence

2 Likes