Gun Policy in the USA

I still get a massive Raj vibe when he says cuckservative.

You’re winning? You afraid to leave your political opinions on a bodybuilding forum.

Is this like the Trump kinda winning? The winning that is so camo’d it’s almost like it’s not there?

All that winninggggggg

Most likely Democrats, but it’ll probably depend pretty heavily on the next couple election cycles.

Luckily no matter who wins, I also win haha

One of these things is not like the other.

On a serious note, someone please pick up for me, I’ve got a work dinner to go to. I can’t wait to get back and see all the stories if this awesome “winning.”

Nope, just normal 'Murican

I never said otherwise?

But really, I’ve gotta jet. Have a good one

@pfury

Why do you play with these stormfront guys? Do you get some kind of sick pleasure from skating circles around the handicapped?

I mean… Kinda…

ROFL no, I did not.

I said it in the other thread as well, but you should REEEEALLY invest into a VPN. They’re dirt cheap, easy to use, and are easily sophisticated enough to stop 99.999% of people on the planet

Well, since this used to be a thread about gun policy, maybe a small article about the stupidity of this decision will bring you closer to the London lifestyle. In fact, during an active shooter or terrorists attack, I cannot think of better weapon than a 16 inch bat.

1 Like

The real reason behind the bat is for the teacher to shove up his own ass because he’s f***ed.

1 Like

Idaho was right, and you’re confused.

#occupydeerfield

1 Like

I guess if at first you don’t make sense, be witty!

1 Like

straight off the Mayor of Toronto was lamenting that there are too many guns on the streets at least there. This year, not really due to mental health issues but gang violence, there has so far been an uptick in shootings. On the one hand, maybe let them shoot each other off, and then prosecute the shooter, serves double. But in one recent incident a childrens’ playground was shot up when a potential target happened to be there.

I just looked at the BBC story, and it is now known the attacker’s parents confirmed that he has had severe mental health issues. Sort of ironic in a country with good mental health services. I understand that the United States has been in a state of emergency as far as this goes for at least 3 decades.

Well the name of the thread was gun policy in America. I thought it was an interesting thought experiment since Canada has a more homogeneous population and way stricter gun control than even Detroit or DC, yet they are not immune to these things.

The “mental health” angle always really pisses me off. If you’re rational enough to plan and carry out an ambush of innocent civilians on the busiest street in the city at the busiest time of day you are rational enough to stand trial.

And yes the US used to have a very robust system of asylums that regularly included locking up mentally ill people against their will. There were abuses and concerns over self determination of mentally disturbed people. So now it’s much harder to get a dangerously ill person help because of the stigma of straight jackets and such.

1 Like

I am reminded of James Holmes I think down in Colorado several years ago. A promising neurology student, he was descending into schizophrenia psychosis, failed the course, and eventually planned and executed a mass shooting at a movie theatre showing the Dark Knight Returns. He also had something like 100 booby traps for police in his residence.

He could do this even though he was utterly out of his tree in the other regard, that being his sense of what he was and what the world was. He was certainly diagnosed as mentally ill, and last I remember there was a push for capital punishment, someone tell me what happened there.

Deinstitutionalizing people is more humane I think, unless they are in such a state of crisis they really need it. the cost factor is what has had governments in Canada and the US strive for that, although there there has to be appropriate housing and services. failing that the conditions in which the patients survive, or maybe don’t can be appalling.

The jury couldn’t come to a unanimous decision on capital punishment so I believe he got life without parole. The judge recently unsealed his psychiatric examinations but I haven’t read them.

Fixed it for ya.