Gun Policy in the USA

No. You can read up on it on your own time. If we’re going to talk about gun violence, then let’s point out who is responsible. It isn’t this idiotic image of rural NRA member Bob with his rifle collection.

It still relies on blaming X for the actions of Y. Seems really anti America. It’s like blaming big Tobacco for cancer patients.

And is anyone saying that that person is the one shooting people or are they saying his support for weak gun control laws is the problem?

Also, when you blame culture you are actually taking the blame away from the individual.

Oh you guys are doin your thing again

Shitty culture. So because some sub-population of a population has developed a shit-bag culture, we should walk all over the 2A and conjure up images of red-neck 2A supporters as being responsible.

If it’s the culture then you can’t blame the individual who is the victim of the culture. So why is the culture the way it is?

I do take some of the blame from the individual. I am broken-hearted for those ruined by the shit-bag culture.

And who is to blame for the culture?

Well, that was supposed to be young men. I need to slow down and stop trying to fit in responses while getting other things done… Just pointing that out. Young men.

The missing fathers, for one.

No, they are missing because of the culture that makes them go missing.

So, you blame the culture too…

And when your demographic murders at 50+% of all homicides–and we’re just looking at murders–yes, many fathers will be missing.

I blame the forces that created the culture.

I blame both.

But you won’t even say what those forces are.

Edit: Oh for goodness sake…I accidentally deleted my original post, the one that the below was meant to be an addition to.

Stay in school, learn something, marry your baby’s mother/father, don’t kill or rob.

I mean, does anyone doubt this? Is anyone here actually willing to argue that if one does these things it would still be unexpected for them to move up the income ladder? That it would be eyebrow raising that such an individual, whatever their race, would at least enter into a modest middle-income living? How about the kids that do it everyday, from one coast to the other? Becoming construction workers, fire-fighters, plumbers, nurses, supervisors, and dentists and doctors. They didn’t have to climb barbed wire fences, outrun German Shepherds, sneak past machine gun nests–all armed by the white outside world–to get out of the ghetto. They simply did the most mundane shit we’ve always told our children to do. The actual solutions are present. Despite the sins of history, at some point the people themselves have to at least do the damn basics again.

1 Like

And Chicago…

Greasy fried fish batter.

In the USA, the only group that can claim an oppression equal to blacks are Indians. Your x y theory doesn’t apply here.