Gun Policy in the USA

They have no right to privacy. Their lockers can be opened by staff without permission or a warrant. When it comes to certain personal info, such as medical or psychological, there are privacy laws.

When I lived in Newark, NJ, they we’re talking about closing all of the gun shops. There were no gun shops in Newark. There were plenty of liquor stores…and churches.

They don’t even trust you to pump your own gas in NJ. Screw that place…

Rant:

I first read this article around 0500 my time and it pissed me off so bad, that, I refused to make any comments until, I had cooled off. Went out, met with an informant, came back, worked out, ran a string on the range and then re-read the article. Still shit.

Now, I am nothing special, but, I have 4 combat tours in Iraq and 3 in Afghanistan. So, I come back home to my little house in Deerfield, Illinois. My little slice of Americana, with a postage stamp lawn and white picket fence. It just so happens, that after a lifetime of military and LEO work, I own several weapons (AR-AK).

The local government arrives at my house and says, “Idaho, it’s illegal for you to own those weapons and you will have to hand them over, along with your “high-capacity” magazines. If you don’t, “we” are going to fine you a 1000 dollars a day”, or, you could just leave, sell your home, or sell your weapons” or, you can just take them outside the city limits and bury them”.

“0k, guys, no problem”. I will surely do that, because, you know, I am one of the good guys”. “Hey, did you guys burn the constitution while I was gone?” Did that oath I took to defend the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic, does that include you now? Just curious.

The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois voted on Monday to ban the possession, sale, and manufacture of assault weapons and large capacity magazines to “increase the public’s sense of safety.” What’s more, CBS Chicago reports, anyone refusing to give up their banned firearm will be fined $1,000 a day until the weapon is handed over or removed from the town’s limits.
“The manufacture and sell of assault weapons”.

One of the biggest frauds ever pushed by the fucking media down American throats. There is no such animal as an “assault weapon”. I can kill you with a rock, spear, bow, an 1866 yellow boy or a LWRC. Each one is an assault weapon. The stupidity of that statement never ceases to amaze me. But Americans suck it up like fresh heroin.

The ordinance states, “The possession, manufacture and sale of assault weapons in the Village of Deerfield is not reasonably necessary to protect an individual’s right of self-defense or the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia.”

Really? So the village council has decided that they are more knowledgeable than anyone when deciding what “you” need to defend yourself? Seriously? All members are combat trained? Constitutional scholars? And just fanatic warriors? Better than the Supreme Court? Fuck you.

So, beginning June 13, banned assault weapons in Deerfield will include semiautomatic rifles with a fixed magazine and a capacity to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, shotguns with revolving cylinders, and conversion kits from which assault weapons can be assembled. And those are just a few of the firearm varieties banned. The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Here is another media lie: “Fixed Magazines” there is no animal. What exactly is a fixed magazine? Are you talking about inserting a magazine of ammo into a semi or full auto weapon in order to fire a weapon, vs, using a tube? Shotguns with “revolving cylinders”. I guess extension magazines are ok, they don’t go in circles.

Media Lie: “magazines that hold more than 10 rounds” as stupid as it gets. I am certainly not world class, but, I don’t own or operate any semi auto system, that I cannot do a mag change in 2 seconds or less. So, my mag hold s 10 rounds, ok, I will just carry a few more, no problem. Hell, on a normal work day, I carry around 300 rounds, what’s a few more mags in the states?

“We hope that our local decision helps spur state and national leaders to take steps to make our communities safer,” Deerfield Mayor Harriet Rosenthal said in a press release, after the ban on assault weapons passed unanimously.

Translation: We really enjoy stripping you of your rights and hope to see the Constitution burned during our next village council meeting.

I have voiced my opinion on what changes I thought needed to be done on gun rights earlier in this thread. I have stated my disagreements with the tactics of the NRA and what I felt they needed to do to help preserve our 2A.

If you think you cannot lose your right to defend yourself, think again. Your community, city, county, state or even our nation could decide tomorrow that your “guns” are evil and pass laws to help” public perception”.

And here is the sad part: Nothing will be done about this. The NRA may do a little blustering, maybe, but, the “responsible gun owner” will do absolutely nothing. In my experience, most civilian gun owners live in a fucking dream world of” that will not happen”. Bullshit, how about getting off your ass from behind your computer and your tact cool IG accounts and wake the fuck up?

If children can organize marches against “assault rifles”, (wearing Cuban patches,) and have the media slathering all over you, why don’t gun owners do the same? There should be 5 million owners marching through the communist streets of Deerfield.

Never happen. Sure, you will whine and bitch on your forums, whine and bitch to the NRA executive council, whine and bitch on the range, whine and bitch to your wife, and you will do nothing but suck down an extra beer. Sad. I predict in 10 years, the 2A will be gone or weaken down to where we are all living under NYC rules.

To the city or town council of Deerfield, Illinois:

You are nothing but a combination of Hyena puke and Jackal shit. You are nothing but media whores who have shit on the constitution and everyone who died for this country.

My 2 cents.

6 Likes

If you are one of the shallow thinkers who believe guns are the problem, you’ll rejoice over this.

Why would gun reg people rejoice over this?

If a person believes the best way to prevent violent crime is by the banning and control of inanimate implements used to perpetrate such crime then clearly the Brits are well on their way to achieving a violent crime free society. A person such as this should be rejoicing at the enlightened path Great Britain is traveling down.

The most dangerous weapon in the UK is their cuisine.

I second this.

2 Likes

America does seem like a nice and friendly country if you avoid New Jersey.

The portion of America that lives in range to be effected by gang violence is pretty substantial. Not including it would be like saying “I studied the average health of these people, but I removed all the obese guys.”

How often do mass shootings happen in EU? I feel like I never see news from things in Europe unless it’s a terrorist driving a car through a crowd.

Idk how you guys put up with that shit. I think if America went through half of what England keeps doing we might see an actual reaction from a very small portion of the 2A crowd.

And Detroit.

And here I thought it was the red neck, rifle toting, NRA gun enthusiasts killing everyone.

Take 5 minutes and read this:

https://guerrillaapproach.com/respect-this/

1 Like

The attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris, the latter attack in November of 2015 and the French train attack (thwarted by Americans) were all mass shootings. They were all armed with AKs as I recall, which are already highly restricted. But evil people with evil intentions were able to acquire firearms. Disarming law abiding citizens accomplished nothing.

1 Like

I don’t really know many Jersey folk - but the ones I do I remember. You know how they say negative memories are the strongest? Yea.

Ah okay. The way he was talking it was as if EU mass shootings were more common that US mass shootings. Doesn’t seem like that’s the case

They definitely have fewer, but they’ve had several others with very high body counts. I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of fatalities in the last 10 years weren’t similar.

1 Like

I’m curious. Do you genuinely think these laws wouldn’t be getting passed if the populace was armed?

Stop and frisk, Patriot act, NSA recording phone calls, gun laws being passed all over. I’m yet to see our 2A people stand up to these liberties we’re losing, and I doubt the vast majority of them will ever have the balls to do so

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon to England and Scotland in two weeks and since I can’t carry a pistol, or OC spray or even my pocket knife I’ve been seriously thinking about getting a shillelagh. Thoughts? Suggestions?

1 Like

But what does that actually look like? The same “champions” that 2A people would have to latch onto still aren’t trying to stop any of the other liberty infringements we’ve seen. And it’s not like most of them would ever have the balls to stand up themselves and fight the government. At the end of the day they’d rather have Amazon prime and McDonald’s than gun rights and liberties

By civil war do you mean up in arms civil war or more of a society transition? I have a hard time imagining a first world country civil war these days with how complacent every has become