Gun Policy in the USA

Maybe they weren’t home

Another bit of self-defense folly info

Those 259 justifiable homicides also pale compared with, in the same year, 8,342 criminal homicides using guns, 20,666 suicides with guns, and 548 fatal unintentional shootings, according to the FBI’s Supplemental Homicide Report. The ratio for 2012, per the Violence Policy Center, was one justifiable killing for every 32 murders, suicides or accidental deaths (the ratio increases to 38-1 over the five-year period ending in 2012). That’s a heavy price to pay.

548 fatal unintentional shootings. That alone doubles the amount of justifiable homicides.

The gun is now in the hands of a criminal…I’m sure his victims appreciate your observation though. Not sure how it changes anything.

But an average of 67,740 crimes were prevented by the presence of a gun. How many of those crimes were potential murders? Rapes? Assaults?

The 259 justifiable homicides equals 259 living would be victims.

They are still alive.

Or, maybe they were home. And got their ass absolutely beat down, and perhaps, even shot for having tried to make it to a gun.

67,740 (average) crimes per year stopped by the proper use of a gun vs 11 thousand gun deaths per year. That’s more than a 6:1 ratio.

259 justifiable homicides compared to thousands of homicides, hundreds of accidental shootings, suicides, etc.And get this, I haven’t started to mention armed (gun, since I have to spell it out) rape, burglary, robbery, kidnapping, etc. Oh, and a fantastic source for THOUSANDS of guns. Self defense, providing criminals with the gun to rape ones neighbor!

Nope, if you start that. I’ll include all crimes committed with a firearm, not just ones that leave a body.

College of Western Idaho professor Clayton E. Cramer explains that the FBI defines “justifiable homicides” as being “in conjunction” with other offenses. “Therefore, the crime being committed when the justifiable homicide took place must be reported as a separate offense.”

Nonfatal Firearm-Related Crime
Nonfatal firearm-related crime has fallen significantly in recent years, from almost 1.3 million incidents in 1994 to a low of 331,618 incidents in 2008. Since then it has risen; in 2011 there were 414,562 incidents.[6]

67, 740? I’ll raise you 331, 618 non fatal firearm related crimes.

Doesn’t matter. 67,740 crimes were prevented.

67, 740? I’ll raise you 331, 618 non fatal firearm related crimes.

It’s still good enough odds to own a gun. How many of those 331,618 were criminals themselves? How many gun murders are committed against criminals?

Now let’s go back to the fact that one is more likely to kill oneself than another in self defense. Lol.

That isn’t true at all. Statistics can’t tell us how all individuals will behave, only how some individuals behaved.

How many of those of those guns wouldn’t have even existed in the hands of criminals had we turned over defense entirely to our government.

Again “Oh, and match those 259 justifiable homicides with the theft of about 232,000 guns each year, about 172,000 of them during burglaries. That’s a ratio of one justifiable homicide for every 896 guns put in the hands of criminals.” Arming criminals to rape the neighbors.

Are you asking a question?

Maybe the neighbors were the burglars.

A number that cannot be verified as true.

Are you asking a question?