Gun Policy in the USA

I like this post better
http://www.guns.com/2018/03/08/congressional-candidate-cuts-ar-15-possibly-makes-illegal-sbr-video/

This is the type of person that will make the new gun laws…

1 Like

No, what’s bullshit is calling out people who are trying to protect a right recognized and justified by the very same argument found in the very document we are debating. And then turning around and saying, shooting guns is fun, so we can keep them for that! Because they’re like iphones or something. Bullshit, they’re tools for killing. And if all you are left with is fun, then adult up and call for a complete ban. Fun, my ass.

Because you know, some guy is going to take his fun, legally purchased handguns and shoot a dozen or so people. Fun? Bullshit. Adult up, ban them then.

Take up horseshoes.

Yes they are. And they’re not treated as such by the gun industry.

Not, just fun. Self-defense, yes. Hunting yes. An ever-vigilant army ready to rise up at moment’s notice to face tyranny? Bullshit.

If someone wants the right to own guns because they shoot as a hobby or competitively, or they hunt or are concerned with personal defense then I can understand that and can’t really argue against it but, when they talk about being some Red Dawnish resistance force they need to stop playing video games.

After WW2 every Frenchman was suddenly a former member of the resistance and somehow all of those collaborators never existed. Interestingly, the French resistance was started by communists.

1 Like

A woman…

Self defense, rofl. Compared to how many homicides, accidental shootings, and suicides? Take up darts or something. You have the blood of innocent homicide victims on your hands because you still want to shoot paper targets with a tool for killing?

So, those who were against slavery should have quit with the bullshit?

You convinced me. Let’s ban innocent victims and paper.

Let’s do this. You want to ridicule the reason the 2nd exists, as stated within its own wording? Then call for a complete and total ban. Self-defense? Nope, sorry. Compared to how many people are killed by guns, even their own. Easily discarded. Fun? Outweighed by dead children. Fun isn’t worth dead children. Call for their complete ban, my holier than thou forum dwellers.

Yes, but then you’re losing the supposed moral high ground and self-justification and you’re just a person with a bunch of tactical gear and overpaid custom-engraved guns, basically no different from the Apple fanboys.

Not to mention that the guns itself as tools for killing are trivialized.

Because nothings says “be ever vigilant against tyranny” and “this is a tool for killing” like hot chicks posing with guns at a gun trade show in Vegas.

I don’t want to do that and I’m not doing that. I’m ridiculing people today who think that reason still makes sense.

What does one have to do with the other.

I never saw one in the Army. I did see some women who lacked trigger discipline, would lean their guns against a wall muzzle down in the dirt, drop their guns, drag their guns, etc.

And nothing says moral high ground like treating the words of slave owners as being as infallible as the word of God.

2 Likes

2A: "Every single syllable is immutable, how dare you question the meaning of the word infringe, it’s a brazen attack on the FFs etc."

3A: “Mwa-ha-ha that was almost 250 years ago, a product of its time and very specific circumstances. Basically no one is taking it seriously anymore.”

1 Like

Not a single direct response.

Ask a direct question.

Yes, because its makes more sense for gun homicides to continue in the thousands because of a hobby with a killing tool. Now that, is illogical. Self defense is not a logical reason. Compare the amount of times that happens to gun homicides. Or even accidents…Rofl.

If anything were to be an inherent right, self-defense would be it.

Well, if those victims had guns maybe they would be recorded in the non-victim column.