Gun Love Thread

PSA is selling M&P 9 Shields for $219 after a $75 S&W rebate. I picked one up as a carry piece, it was too good to pass up.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve spent the last two years trading guns in an attempt to find a concealed carry pistol that I like and shoot well and can afford to shoot often enough to maintain skills. I have ended up with an HK p2000 in 9mm, and think Iā€™m sticking with it. Iā€™ve also fell in love with the famous HK LEM trigger.

I had a Sig p239 in .357 Sig for a while and liked it quite a bit, but .357 sig was too expensive, and Iā€™m not sure that it really out performs 9mm for self defense. It was an extremely accurate pistol, and easy to conceal, but only held 7 rounds, and was the same size and weight as a double stack polymer frame 9mm. 13+1 rounds > 7+1 rounds, and more affordable ammo = a better trained, better prepared shooter.

Iā€™ve become a borderline HK fanboy. I still like Sigs and Colts and Smith & Wessons, and have much respect for Glocks, but the HKs work for me. This is the 4th HK Iā€™ve owned, still have two. Traded my HK USP .45 and regret it. Canā€™t decide if I want to get another, or go for the pinnacle of HK fanboy, tacticool, solid snake-wannabe pistols, the infamous Mark 23. Itā€™s got two big pluses in my book, Iā€™ll probably get a suppressor in the near future and I really want to shoot some .45 Super.

1 Like

2 Likes

Going to thoroughly torture test these. Quality seems very nice at first handling.

Will see how they hold up.

3 Likes

Well donā€™t leave us hanging! How did it go??

So, today I put a tad over 3,000 rounds through this gun with a couple buddies over the course of the afternoon.

Ran flawlessly. She is a heavy bitch, but not one failure to feed or fire.

The recoil is smooth and directly back - expected of a long stroke piston. Runs well suppressed with the proper gas plug.

For $1,000.00ā€¦ YOU CANā€™T BEAT THIS GUN with anything in its price range.

I honestly like it better than my Scars that are 3-4X the price.

2 Likes

Also, I was running a Holosun AEMS on it for most of the testing.

Might have to grab one of these for the truckā€¦

I find myself getting into a similar debate whenever looking at some of the nice rifles being offered these days, where I ask ā€œshouldnā€™t I just use an AR for this role?ā€

Answers almost always yes, since thatā€™s what Iā€™ve trained on, BUT thereā€™s the cool novelty factor of everything thatā€™s not an AR lol

1 Like

Iā€™m loving the baby bottle and formula next to it :laughing:

1 Like

Down at the farm house there isnā€™t much room in the kitchen and little dude has to eat :joy::joy:.

Soooo, I told myself that after I got my Colt Python Iā€™d finally have the gun I always wantedā€¦BUUUUTā€¦

Kinda always wanted an Alaskan Super Redhawk tooā€¦and I have zero reason to have one.

But anyone have any experience firing one in 454 Casull? With the price of ammo right now I realize thatā€™s like asking who likes going out for a quick bite at Le Fouquetā€™s, but be fun to hear some experiences.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never touched off a 454 Casull, but I kinda wanted the Alaskan available in 44. Would give the option of magnums or specials.

1 Like

Had a similar thought process with the 454 allowing for 45 long colt. Can live out my bear hunting AND cowboy fantasies.

Naturally.

The kick isnā€™t as snappy as 44 mag. Think more of a heavy push back like a shotgun round.

Price of ammo is irrelevant as you will not want to shoot it much with 454 Casull. 45 long colt is fun to shoot out of it. Those arenā€™t cheap either sadly.

But you are a man of taste. I have the entire lineup of Colt Pythons and Anacondas.

1 Like

Very much appreciate that dude! Iā€™m sure itā€™s not at all fun to shoot, haha. But itā€™s just too ridiculous. Iā€™m gonna keep my eyes open and find an excuse to justify buying it Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

Not enough barrel and too much double action for that amigo.

If you live near any zoos it is foolish to NOT have a Ruger Alaskan Super Redhawk in .454.

What if a giraffe escapes and attacks your family?

3 Likes

@mr.v3lv3t Iā€™ll just compensate by eating more chili!

@twojarslave We, legit, had a cheetah escape last weekā€¦ you canā€™t make this stuff up!

A few years back, we had someone flee from the cops and hole up in a parking lot that was like a mile from my home. I had to leave for work, and had to give the Mrs a crash course on operating a Mossberg 500.

It reminded me of this scene in King of the Hill

5 Likes

The Kieth Load would probably be just right: 240 grain hardcast at 1200fps.

1 Like

Definitely needs to be taken into consideration.