Gun Love Thread

In light of all the talk and debate about guns, I thought I would start a gun love thread with pics.
Guns you own, or are planning to buy. Not cannons or gatling guns or ridiculous stuff, stuff you own or are planning to buy in the next 12 months.

I haven’t been a gun owner but am planning to purchase this year. My wife and I frequent the gun range trying out different ones and figuring out which ones we like the best. Right now my heart is really into the .357 Magnum. I really like the weight and control of this gun. I also like the simplicity of a revolver and the inherent accuracy, so I think I have decided on that.

What’s your favorites that you own or are planning to own? I know some of you guys have arsenals…

I was in the Canadian army and got to fire lots of beautiful, sexy guns…my favorite being the FN Minimi (it’s not a character from the Austin Powers movies) as well as rocket launchers like the Carl (or is it Karl?) Gustav…which when I got to fire it I wondered why the wall that I got to fire it from behind was covered with green stucco…then I found out that when it fires it combusts so much that it sucks the wind, and snot, from out of you. Quite the thing.

To cut to the chase though …I don’t think anyone needs an asault rifle for home defense or anything else.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I was in the Canadian army and got to fire lots of beautiful, sexy guns…my favorite being the FN Minimi (it’s not a character from the Austin Powers movies) as well as rocket launchers like the Carl (or is it Karl?) Gustav…which when I got to fire it I wondered why the wall that I got to fire it from behind was covered with green stucco…then I found out that when it fires it combusts so much that it sucks the wind, and snot, from out of you. Quite the thing.

To cut to the chase though …I don’t think anyone needs an asault rifle for home defense or anything else.[/quote]

Automatic rifles are illegal in the U.S.(with the exception of ones manufactured pre-1986 even then they are incredibly rare and require a $200 tax stamp and $200 transfer fee, registration and extensive background check). What the media calls assault rifles are semi-automatic rifles with cosmetic features that make them appear like there military counterparts. Many people use AR15 for home defense due to being able to hold more rounds in a magazine than a shotguns feeding tube(home invasions typically are performed by multiple criminals), And having more powerful rounds than a handgun, as well as the lack of recoil that makes it easier for women and younger shooters to use, the 16" barrel of a AR15 carbine makes it easier to navigate from room to room than many shotguns.

Given the current political climate and realities, is it a good idea to publicly state what/how much you have and what you’re planning to buy?

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
Given the current political climate and realities, is it a good idea to publicly state what/how much you have and what you’re planning to buy?

[/quote]

It’s legal, I don’t see the problem.

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

It’s legal, I don’t see the problem.[/quote]

for now…

I’m heading to the SHOT show monday in Las Vegas. Given recent events, it should be interesting.

If you bought your weapon with a background check, “they” already know who you are, where you are and what you have.

I don’t see it ever getting to the point where they come for what you already legally own. If we do get to that point, well, hopefully I’m no longer around.

As far as gun love, I’m planning on getting my CCW permit soon, so I’ll be in the market for a .380 or 9 mm “pocket pistol” such as the Tarus TCP, Ruger LCP, or Kel-Tec.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above? I already own a S&W Sigma 9 mm, so I do like the ability to use the same ammo between the 2 guns if I go the 9 mm over the .380 route.

“From my cold dead hands”. Own a S & W 40 cal, Winchester Model 70 30-06, Remington 870 SP, Marlin 45-70. Plan to purchase AR-15 very soon.

Jealous of the 45-70. One of those has been on my list for YEARS but something always happens–recently it was a 300 dollar medical bill for the baby and a 600 dollar car repair (unrelated!).

[quote]dclarkjr wrote:
“From my cold dead hands”. Own a S & W 40 cal, Winchester Model 70 30-06, Remington 870 SP, Marlin 45-70. Plan to purchase AR-15 very soon.[/quote]

Good luck getting an AR-15, I’ve read that they are near impossible to get now and are going for 2x MSRP from private sellers.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[quote]dclarkjr wrote:
“From my cold dead hands”. Own a S & W 40 cal, Winchester Model 70 30-06, Remington 870 SP, Marlin 45-70. Plan to purchase AR-15 very soon.[/quote]

Good luck getting an AR-15, I’ve read that they are near impossible to get now and are going for 2x MSRP from private sellers.[/quote]

No. But it is a sellers market.

If you have problems buying local from Dealers (which I always say buy local) go online to Impact guns and have notify your local FFL.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

It’s legal, I don’t see the problem.[/quote]

for now…[/quote]

All it means is if you run across some guy named Patrick (if that’s his real name) from Georgia (if that’s his real state) then he may or may not be carrying a gun mentioned in this thread.

I’m looking at the Rossi Puma lever action 454 Casull with the 20" barrel and the 444 Marlin lever action with the 22" barrel. anybody had any experience with these guns? I know the reputation of the 444 for reliability but I like the idea of a 454 in case I decide to get the pistol.

I can’t say I see a real advantage to that over something like the 30-30 or the 45-70. Ammo’s pricey, it will still kick pretty hard, etc.

Agree with Four60, above. Try local first. Last Tuesday, I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm from Scheels and they still had AR-15’s there. Their prices are also less than online too, or at least for the few that I had my eye on. Plus, background check and two days later, in hand. No waiting for weeks on end. Mind you, I went back last night to look for an ammo box and much of their stock had been sold so it’s going fast. They’re still there but I wouldn’t wait for too long.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Agree with Four60, above. Try local first. Last Tuesday, I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm from Scheels and they still had AR-15’s there. Their prices are also less than online too, or at least for the few that I had my eye on. Plus, background check and two days later, in hand. No waiting for weeks on end. Mind you, I went back last night to look for an ammo box and much of their stock had been sold so it’s going fast. They’re still there but I wouldn’t wait for too long.[/quote]

I am very interested in the Beretta because according to Austrian gun law that is actually a pistol.

Yeah, I know.

How does it feel?

I am weird that way, a gun has to feel just right.