Gun Love II

Can anyone help a brotha out? I’m trying to find within the MD code what the exact specifications are for an AR purchase in MD. A friend of mine knows a guy that owns a company that does custom AR builds and the price is pretty good, but he needs to know the compliance laws. I’m having a hell of a time getting him anything definitive.

This is what I’ve found so far:

https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Browse/Home/Maryland/MarylandCodeCourtRules?guid=N5A39D6909CC211DB9BCF9DAC28345A2A&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)

http://smartgunlaws.org/category/maryland/

And this:

haha, you’re in a blue state. You’re fucked man.

Best of luck

I know. We can still buy compliant Windham’s, Stag Arms, and I’ve read Colt, but haven’t actually seen one. I saw a Smith & Wesson M&P15 I really liked for sale too.

“You’ll shoot your eye out.”

Does your legislature have the capability of overruling her action?
And are there enough in the Statehouse to even try?

I will occasionally sell a pistol or long gun that I don’t care for and I think the laws are vague and confusing, probably deliberately so. I think it has gotten worse in recent years.

Ya, it is definitely vague. Best I can tell, if it’s stamped HB then it’s good to go.

So, I bought a Windham .223/5.56. There was an admin hold on the background check (something with their computer system) so I won’t be able to grab it until tomorrow.

Where do folks go for accessories/parts? I was just checking buds gun shop online out.

The place I am getting the Windham from also have lowers for $100 bucks and I’m thinking about picking one up for a build in the future. Any suggestions on where to get kits? I saw a few on Buds.

*Ultimately I think I’m going to pop the carry handle off and throw a site on her.

Nice rifle. I know a few of the engineers at Windham Weaponry. They are about 30 minutes away from me. Good people making good rifles.

Ya, I have yet to hear a bad thing about Windham. The rifle has a lifetime warranty that’s transferable too, which sold the deal for me.

Apparently, the gov’s system is down so I won’t be able to get it until next Tuesday unless something changes.

So much for that whole shall not be infringed thing…

I have a Windham CDI and like it very much. Quality rifle. If I bought your rifle, I’d probably look at the CDI and copy that format, and add a nice optic.

1 Like

They are only allowed to delay for a couple of days, then have to give the rifle to you, regardless if the system is up. Or so I recall.

I’m going to my first gun show on Sunday. Any thoughts on buying a gun at a show?

Ya, the told me I would be able to pick it up by Tuesday at the latest.

I’ll check out the CDI and I definitely would like to add a nice optic. I was thinking maybe an Eotech holographic (bit pricey), thoughts?

I bought a Kimber Custom II .45 from a gun show. Make sure you know where you’ll be picking it up (if it’s a handgun) after the wait period. I had to drive about 2 hours.

It was fine, though. No issues.

I’m in TN. Pretty sure I can buy one and walk out

1 Like

Yup. Bought a S&W 686 and walked out with it in 10 minutes.

1 Like

The government is going to let me exercise my 2A rights a whole day early. Thank you, great overseer, for your generosity.

1 Like

If you are looking for a good dot sight, check out halo sun. They are more of the aimpoint design. However, for around $200 you can get a micro sight that has a 2 moa dot or a 40 circle, as well as a solar panel. They are well made, with a good warrantee. As far as accessories check out your local shop and support them. If not, opticsplanet has a good selection, as well as Palemeto State Arms.

1 Like

Ahh ya

1 Like