Gun Control

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
By responding you just feed his ego.[/quote]

I know. He just walks around any thread I go into berating me for no reason other than the fact that I hurt his national debt thread by showing he didn’t care about it under GWB using his own posts. He calls it handing me my head, but the only thing he did was call me a stalker after I proved him wrong. I don’t really care if he doesn’t like me, but it is ruining multiple threads as no matter where I post he shows up to talk a bunch of shit on me. It’s essentially all he does on PWI.

How do you put someone on ignore?

[quote]H factor wrote:

By responding you just feed his ego.[/quote]

I know. He just walks around any thread I go into berating me for no reason other than the fact that I hurt his national debt thread by showing he didn’t care about it under GWB using his own posts. He calls it handing me my head, but the only thing he did was call me a stalker after I proved him wrong. I don’t really care if he doesn’t like me, but it is ruining multiple threads as no matter where I post he shows up to talk a bunch of shit on me. It’s essentially all he does on PWI.

How do you put someone on ignore?[/quote]

Talking about me to another poster is not the way to ignore me. But it is a cowardly way to attempt to get another shot in at me without me responding. And you have a very poor memory. In the debt thread your feeble arguments were all defeated one at a time.

Your latest angle is laughable. You care so much about the integrity of the threads…it’s not about you. Nooo, it’s about the threads.

You are as transparent as your hero Barack Obama.

And just as much of a liar.

Children…?!

Let it go.

[quote]H factor wrote:

You were owned Zeb. It’s crystal clear. Let it go. [/quote]

Hey, the man who wants to ignore me continues to attack me. This reminds me of your political positions. One moment you are a libertarian and the next a liberal. LOL…you’re the schizophrenic poster.

I’ve won and lost debates, over the years that one I won. But I wonder why you would bring that here? I thought you were worried about the integrity of the thread. No…I guess that was the other H factor. By the way I posted a pretty lengthy piece on why gun control is not the answer. Yet you didn’t respond to that. Which H factor was that who wanted to stay on topic?

Well, one thing for sure, people may like me or hate me but at least they know what I’m all about and where I’m coming from. Unlike you I don’t run all over the site trying to play both sides from the middle.

And since you are a libertarian (at least part of the time) you should be really upset over Barack Obama raising the debt and his many other liberal policies like national health care.

But for some reason I’ve not read much from you on these things. Yet, you find the time to attack GW Bush and Ronald Reagan.

Now why do you suppose that is?

As a liberal are you still blaming GW Bush, as you did in prior threads?

Here’s why your so upset with me H factor…

You don’t like the fact that I’m calling you out on your bullshit. I’ve outed you for the lefty that you are. And that pisses you off to no end.

Simple.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

Hey, the man who wants to ignore me continues to attack me. This reminds me of your political positions. One moment you are a libertarian and the next a liberal. LOL…you’re the schizophrenic poster.

I’ve won and lost debates, over the years that one I won. But I wonder why you would bring that here? I thought you were worried about the integrity of the thread. No…I guess that was the other H factor. By the way I posted a pretty lengthy piece on why gun control is not the answer. Yet you didn’t respond to that. Which H factor was that who wanted to stay on topic?

Well, one thing for sure, people may like me or hate me but at least they know what I’m all about and where I’m coming from. Unlike you I don’t run all over the site trying to play both sides from the middle.

And since you are a libertarian (at least part of the time) you should be really upset over Barack Obama raising the debt and his many other liberal policies like national health care.

But for some reason I’ve not read much from you on these things. Yet, you find the time to attack GW Bush and Ronald Reagan.

You don’t like the fact that I’m calling you out on your bullshit. I’ve outed you for the lefty that you are. And that pisses you off to no end.

Simple.[/quote]

You annoy me, you don’t piss me off. You stalk me from thread to thread with your bizarre obsession over my posts. You ignore any post I make that doesn’t fit the description of what you hope I am. You don’t try to run from who you are? Read the national debt thread again. You constantly rail against big government when it’s the Democrats and talk about how government is the problem but lap it up from the right side. No one knows who you are. A guy who hates expanding government except for when Reagan did it? A guy who hates the government getting bigger except where GWB did?

I called you out on your bullshit and it pissed YOU off. You’ve been trying to call me out ever since that happened. You started by calling me a stalker (funny from a guy who attacks every thread I post in). That didn’t work and people called you out. So you started calling me a liberal. People called you out again and told you to shut up again. You’re a troll who should have been banned a long time ago. You add nothing to this place. Your only purpose is to troll people and that has pretty much what you’ve done for years on here. A very sad life you must lead.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

What if you had a weapon just as effective as a gun minus the killing part. Like point, aim, shoot, boom they are unconscious for an hour or so guaranteed. I’m not saying one exists right now but if there was.[/quote]

Minus the killing part means plus he is coming back for vengeance.

Would you wish that on your wife?

Would you enjoy your freedom being at leisure or at work in the knowledge that an animal with no conscience is coming back to violate what is only yours?

And where do we “store” this unconscious animal once he regains consciousness?

Are you ok with paying to keep evil alive?

What is your plan for dealing with the rapist that regains consciousness?

Sure I can use a tranquilizer gun. But then what? What system do you have in place to ensure I am safe from that threat and at what cost?
[/quote]

Okay that is a fair answer. Death penalty for an attempted crime.[/quote]

And yet you enjoy the death penalty for the crime of being unborn and minding one’s business in the womb.

Yes, it is her body and it is my body, too, being violated with this rapist.

Be consistent.
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean there. I did not disprove of what you said even though it may have been interpreted as sarcastic, which it was not.[/quote]

You are right. I never though of it that way before. Tell me more!

“Death penalty for an attempted crime” instead of self defense from grave bodily injury or death from a violent criminal threat.

Your capacity for spinning the wheel is astounding! It would probably make you a good shooter.
I never thought that such spin was possible, thank you for showing me what your mind is capable of.

Good luck to your wife should she ever need you to defend her with your Star Trek Phaser.

And may the government always be there on time to protect her when the rapist wakes up from his innocent sleep.

Are gun owners against mental health screenings and safety courses? I own several guns and may get an ar15 in the next week or so in case of a ban fyi. I do think a safety course and mental health screening is a reasonable compromise going forward. It could be an elective for high school seniors so parents that don’t want their kids involved with guns at all (stupid in my opinion, but their right as parents) can stop their kids from being in the course. It could also be taught like drivers ed.

Hows that?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Are gun owners against mental health screenings and safety courses? I own several guns and may get an ar15 in the next week or so in case of a ban fyi. I do think a safety course and mental health screening is a reasonable compromise going forward. It could be an elective for high school seniors so parents that don’t want their kids involved with guns at all (stupid in my opinion, but their right as parents) can stop their kids from being in the course. It could also be taught like drivers ed.

Hows that?[/quote]

Neither of those would bother me, though the details of the mental health screening might.

Then again, I’m a massive liberal so why care right :slight_smile: The detective caught me!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Are gun owners against mental health screenings and safety courses? I own several guns and may get an ar15 in the next week or so in case of a ban fyi. [/quote]

I’m not a gun owner but I am against any sort of screening process for any reason at all from government institutions - mostly because the government is filled with incompetent rejects that only work for the government because they cannot do anything else productive.

Property owners, on the other hand, have the right to screen other people before entering their property if they wish but the government does not have this right.

Stories like this are why we need emotionless conversation on guns.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Are gun owners against mental health screenings and safety courses? I own several guns and may get an ar15 in the next week or so in case of a ban fyi. [/quote]

I’m not a gun owner but I am against any sort of screening process for any reason at all from government institutions - mostly because the government is filled with incompetent rejects that only work for the government because they cannot do anything else productive.

Property owners, on the other hand, have the right to screen other people before entering their property if they wish but the government does not have this right.[/quote]

To buy certain weapons you have to pass a screening by a private doctor, not a gov doctor. How’s that?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Property owners, on the other hand, have the right to screen other people before entering their property if they wish but the government does not have this right.[/quote]

To buy certain weapons you have to pass a screening by a private doctor, not a gov doctor. How’s that?[/quote]

Mandated by whom? The free market?

You jest, right?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

To buy certain weapons you have to pass a screening by a private doctor, not a gov doctor. How’s that?[/quote]

My issue with the screening is what exactly is going to be screened for? Who decides what are the correct questions and correct responses? That’s why I said the details may be important. Clearly if one has some kind of documented history that raises some serious red flags I could be swayed, but the government deciding the questions is iffy to me like Lift said. You’re ok with THEM deciding who is ok to be armed and who is not? Why?

Even if screening someone worked what would the test be? And just because someone has a history is that a reason to deny them the right to protect themselves?

If it does not produce 100% accuracy then there is no point because it will just cost money while not achieving its stated goal.

Rather than taking guns away we should hand them out to everyone.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Mandated by whom? The free market?

You jest, right?[/quote]

No mandated by the people. Things are going to change and I’m okay with that, but as a law abiding citizen I should be able to buy a freaking cannon if I want to, this is still America after all. I am; however, willing to prove I’m a sane and compotent owner. I think that’s reasonable to ask and I’m happy to ablige if it means keeping the 2nd ammendment alive.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

Simple.[/quote]

You annoy me, you don’t piss me off. You stalk me from thread to thread with your bizarre obsession over my posts. You ignore any post I make that doesn’t fit the description of what you hope I am. You don’t try to run from who you are? Read the national debt thread again. You constantly rail against big government when it’s the Democrats and talk about how government is the problem but lap it up from the right side. No one knows who you are. A guy who hates expanding government except for when Reagan did it? A guy who hates the government getting bigger except where GWB did?

I called you out on your bullshit and it pissed YOU off. You’ve been trying to call me out ever since that happened. You started by calling me a stalker (funny from a guy who attacks every thread I post in). That didn’t work and people called you out. So you started calling me a liberal. People called you out again and told you to shut up again. You’re a troll who should have been banned a long time ago. You add nothing to this place. Your only purpose is to troll people and that has pretty much what you’ve done for years on here. A very sad life you must lead. [/quote]

Still can’t seem to find the ignore button huh? I guess that was the side of you that want’s to run away and hide. The other side that just can’t believe that you’re being called out for your bullshit is in charge right now- LOL. Part of your schizoid personality…“I’m a libertarian…I’m a liberal”

As for stalking it seems that you were the one who was following me all over T Nation. But at the time you thought it was funny. Do you have that poor of a memory? As for me I’ve only called you out on a couple threads…just getting warmed up.

So far, (since your comeback shall we say) as I’ve pointed out you’ve attacked conservatives yet shy away from criticizing Obama. I bring it up again only to point out the fact that the many times I’ve called you on it you’ve still not responded. You think Obama is a really good President and it’s all Bush’s fault right? You’ve said it before. That’s when you were being liberal and not a libertarian…Ha.

In short your a phoney. While I disagree with the many liberals on this site I actually respect them for their beliefs. I think they’re wrong, but at least they have the courage to stand by what they believe. They don’t pretend to be one thing while trying to play both ends from the middle.

You’re a spineless poser who got caught and doesn’t like it very much.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

My issue with the screening is what exactly is going to be screened for? Who decides what are the correct questions and correct responses? That’s why I said the details may be important. Clearly if one has some kind of documented history that raises some serious red flags I could be swayed, but the government deciding the questions is iffy to me like Lift said. You’re ok with THEM deciding who is ok to be armed and who is not? Why?

[/quote]

Open and frank discussion would be need to determine the answers to your questions.

Even if screening someone worked what would the test be? And just because someone has a history is that a reason to deny them the right to protect themselves?

If it does not produce 100% accuracy then there is no point because it will just cost money while not achieving its stated goal.

Rather than taking guns away we should hand them out to everyone.[/quote]

Sounds great, except reality is a grey area and 100% is nearly impossible in any situation.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Now THAT is what a libertarian would say!

(Try to copy Lifty H factor he’s the real deal)