Gun control

[quote]whatever2k wrote:
A functioning society in my mind is not a society where you are constantly afraid and holding your finger on the trigger.
[/quote]

And yet this is the US government’s reaction to everything.

The markets rule. Always. Even when governments try to manipulate them, they still have the last laugh.

kk

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

The right to life. If my life is taken while Im sleeping I would want the killer to be punished for his crimes in the aftermath.[/quote]

This isn’t a ‘right to life’ this is vengeance. You’re dead, no amount of killing your murder will return life to you.

If Rupert Murdoc decided to have you killed, what do you think the odds are you would survive or that your posthumous vengeance would be carried out appropriately by the state?

I marginally agree. Many of the people I meet similar to LIFTICVS live alone, away from family and detached from the community, couldn’t/don’t raise their own food, and have never converted anything with a face into a meal. They generally have very little idea how quickly ‘society’ would catch, kill, and eat them if the gloves truly came off, even some of the more prepared individuals tend to envision themselves a champion of a zombie apocalypse rather than a dog surrounded by coyotes. I more agree with Lifty that we are ‘State-heavy’, people HAVE forgotten what backbreaking labor hunting and gathering is and consider illegally checking a checkbox on their income taxes (and paying more taxes) as a form of protest or stance for freedom.

I certainly believe we need to re-instate the duel as a political device.

Why even bother arguing with an anarchist? They are so clearly and unambiguously full of shit that it really shouldn’t even be touched.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Why even bother arguing with an anarchist? They are so clearly and unambiguously full of shit that it really shouldn’t even be touched.[/quote]

Since you haven’t the ability to prove anything you say you should just keep quiet, professor.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Why even bother arguing with an anarchist? They are so clearly and unambiguously full of shit that it really shouldn’t even be touched.[/quote]

Since you haven’t the ability to prove anything you say you should just keep quiet, professor.

[/quote]

Far be it from me, LIFTI, to take the side of young Sammy Dean Horstenschneimer but I can’t help but believe that no state of true anarchy within a large societal population has ever existed so therefore ye haven’t the ability to prove anything in regards to your utopian ideal either, hombre.
[/quote]

Well said Push, that’s pretty much how I feel when Lifty goes off on these anarchist tangents.

If guns were free to own for everybody except the state guns would be used by the corporations. And they would be much more cruel than the government is now, because they are run without democratic control. The democratic input from the population is very week today, but it’s better than nothing. You could also forget about the separation of power which we see in most countries today. All power would be in the hands of the corporations and nothing could stop them. It would be a step back to feudal times.

[quote]molnes wrote:
If guns were free to own for everybody except the state guns would be used by the corporations. And they would be much more cruel than the government is now, because they are run without democratic control. The democratic input from the population is very week today, but it’s better than nothing. You could also forget about the separation of power which we see in most countries today. All power would be in the hands of the corporations and nothing could stop them. It would be a step back to feudal times. [/quote]

Ahhhh…

Pish posh.

Please stop using pish posh, orion.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
Please stop using pish posh, orion. [/quote]

x 2.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

That is all. [/quote]

This is all:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[/quote]

Far be it from me, LIFTI, to take the side of young Sammy Mack Horstenschneimer but I can’t help but believe that no state of true anarchy within a large societal population has ever existed so therefore ye haven’t the ability to prove anything in regards to your utopian ideal either, hombre.
[/quote]

True anarchy rarely lasts long. It always transitions into some other form of government. What type of government you end up with can be good or bad. If you end up with a constitutional republic then great, if you end up with communism…well you know how that goes.

[quote]molnes wrote:
If guns were free to own for everybody except the state guns would be used by the corporations. And they would be much more cruel than the government is now, because they are run without democratic control. The democratic input from the population is very week today, but it’s better than nothing. You could also forget about the separation of power which we see in most countries today. All power would be in the hands of the corporations and nothing could stop them. It would be a step back to feudal times. [/quote]

The government IS the largest, evilest corporation.

[quote]lucasa wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

The right to life. If my life is taken while Im sleeping I would want the killer to be punished for his crimes in the aftermath.[/quote]

This isn’t a ‘right to life’ this is vengeance. You’re dead, no amount of killing your murder will return life to you.

If Rupert Murdoc decided to have you killed, what do you think the odds are you would survive or that your posthumous vengeance would be carried out appropriately by the state?

I marginally agree. Many of the people I meet similar to LIFTICVS live alone, away from family and detached from the community, couldn’t/don’t raise their own food, and have never converted anything with a face into a meal. They generally have very little idea how quickly ‘society’ would catch, kill, and eat them if the gloves truly came off, even some of the more prepared individuals tend to envision themselves a champion of a zombie apocalypse rather than a dog surrounded by coyotes. I more agree with Lifty that we are ‘State-heavy’, people HAVE forgotten what backbreaking labor hunting and gathering is and consider illegally checking a checkbox on their income taxes (and paying more taxes) as a form of protest or stance for freedom.

I certainly believe we need to re-instate the duel as a political device.[/quote]

I have personally seen my 35lb chain weight, female, pit bull destroy a pack of 4 coyotes. with minimal damage. She and our other working dogs have also killed bobcats, otters, weasels, raccoons, skunks, minks and other varmint all looking to loot our livestock and fields.

so what was that about a prepared area having to worry about zombies, in all seriousness I believe you are not giving lifty enough credit. It isn’t a person by themselves, freedom means voluntary interactions, in which the community works together to handle it’s problems. The federal government need not get involved unless it is requested.

In many instances it isn’t one person or family being prepared for the worst, it is small groups and communities.

the people are supposed to be the government, at least in the USA, are they not. So invariably wouldn’t guns in the hands of the people be guns in the hands of the government. I thought that was how the 2nd amendment was supposed to protect us.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Citizens should also be allowed guns but citizens who talk endlessly about states’ rights, citizens’ militias, secession and quote the founding fathers’ revolutionary statements as if they have some relevance today should have to pass a mental health/intelligence test before being granted a permit.
[/quote]

Hilarious. Did you miss the entire “American History 101” class, or were you just in a coma?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[/quote]

Far be it from me, LIFTI, to take the side of young Sammy Mack Horstenschneimer but I can’t help but believe that no state of true anarchy within a large societal population has ever existed so therefore ye haven’t the ability to prove anything in regards to your utopian ideal either, hombre.
[/quote]

But it has existed and it does exist – albeit, in lesser degree than “absolute” anarchy. It is simply a state of non-aggression wherein we are free to associate, cooperate, and exchange with other individuals.

I may not be able to prove what such a society might look like but I can deduce logically the outcome of certain actions humans take. For example, it is not hard to imagine what a state of total war would look like compared to one of total peace.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Citizens should also be allowed guns but citizens who talk endlessly about states’ rights, citizens’ militias, secession and quote the founding fathers’ revolutionary statements as if they have some relevance today should have to pass a mental health/intelligence test before being granted a permit.
[/quote]

Hilarious. Did you miss the entire “American History 101” class, or were you just in a coma? [/quote]

Please elaborate Rockscar. And don’t prod me with your forefinger. My mule don’t like when people prod me with their forefinger.