T Nation

Gun and Rifle Experts?

“PWI” tends to have a few more gun and rifle experts…but I thought the Mods may appreciate me posting this here first.

Any ideas on what this rifle is?

Seems definitely “assault”. (not sure on that).

This may even be just a movie prop (BUT they tend to be based in real weapons).

Thanks!

Mufasa

Easy - it is a H&K G36C

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
Easy - it is a H&K G36C[/quote]

QFT.

Come onnnnnn OP, play with guns more.

Are you guys retarded? That’s obviously an AK-47.

Thanks, guys.

Good? Bad? “Get’s the job done”?

Mufasa

Solid rifle, definitely gets the job done.

good weapon. nothing totally spectacular about it.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Are you guys retarded? That’s obviously an AK-47.[/quote]

LOL right click save as.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Thanks, guys.

Good? Bad? “Get’s the job done”?

Mufasa[/quote]

Very good rifle. Everything H&K makes is very, very good.(Although personal preference plays into these decisions).

One of the few negatives I can see about it is that it is fairly uncommon(if you need replacement parts and such). The only reason I have been around them is because another police agency near me uses them.

Why do you ask?

Again, thanks guys!

JD…just informational (nope…I’m not stockpiling an arsenal…even though you might think I need to if you stay on “PWI” long enough; even though they might prefer an 1861 Springfield Rifled Musket!)

A friend had sent me a pic where someone was holding the HK (it actually was taken in Germany). I never had seen one before and just wanted the experts thoughts on “T-Muscle”.

Is it “standard issue” for the German Police/Military?

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Is it “standard issue” for the German Police/Military?

Mufasa[/quote]

yes, both the german police and the german army carry the G36.

it’s also pretty popular with american SRT/SWAT teams.

you could probably find the g36 in the armories of american spec ops groups as well.

It looks more like a G36K than a G36C to me. Can anyone confirm? I don’t know a lot about HK stuffs.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Are you guys retarded? That’s obviously an AK-47.[/quote]

Best thing ever.

ZSP:

Here’s a pic that might help.

(Top to Bottom):

G-36; G-36K; G-36C

That first G-36 is an ‘assault’ rifle. Swap out the folding stock and flash suppressor: voila! No more assault rifle.

Gun pr0n!!!

Fipfap-fap-flappity-flip-flap-fap-da-bap-flap-fap-fappity-fap-fap!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Gun pr0n!!!

[/quote]

better get some cialis

test

Sig Sauer 556 rifle is much more bad ass and nicer than the H&K G36 in my opinion. I have fired both and the Sig is much smoother during rapid firing, stays extremely accurate, and fits much nicer…

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=35&productid=114

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=35

IronWarrior

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Again, thanks guys!

JD…just informational (nope…I’m not stockpiling an arsenal…even though you might think I need to if you stay on “PWI” long enough; even though they might prefer an 1861 Springfield Rifled Musket!)

A friend had sent me a pic where someone was holding the HK (it actually was taken in Germany). I never had seen one before and just wanted the experts thoughts on “T-Muscle”.

Is it “standard issue” for the German Police/Military?

Mufasa[/quote]

I’m not terribly well versed on H&K rifles to begin with. I have never seen a civie equivalent stateside and there probably is not one. Only reason I have been around one is my assignment on a SWAT team.

On another, brighter note, the 416 was supposed to be released to the general public in the US this year wasn’t it?

Price will probably suck though.

I can’t tell you all how pissed I have been about the absurd price of the SCAR…

While we are talking about rifles, perhaps someone has experience with the M&P15-22 they would like to relate? Probably my next purchase as a training gun.

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
Sig Sauer 556 rifle is much more bad ass and nicer than the H&K G36 in my opinion. I have fired both and the Sig is much smoother during rapid firing, stays extremely accurate, and fits much nicer…

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=35&productid=114

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=35

IronWarrior[/quote]

Haven’t shot the 556 yet. Is the trigger anything like the trigger on Sig pistols(“mushy” as hell)? Only thing ever turned me off about Sig’s was their shitty triggers.