Guitar Solos

My personal favorite bass solo:

Best bass guitar player ever:

[quote]redleg32002000 wrote:
Best bass guitar player ever:

[/quote]

Cliff was fantastic!

[quote]Dustin wrote:

I was just thinking of posting Mr. Crowley. Good choice!

And I’ll ignore your Black Album comment. :)[/quote]

lol, Glad we agree on a few things :D.

Dimebag. The solo starts @ :47 and the outro will take your soul.

Nick Hipa - As I Lay Dying

GSTK. Dime again.

Solo is 2 min in:

SLLLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR angel of death.

Zakk horsing around:

I love Brian May’s solo in “Brighton Rock” - just drum backing starts at close to 2:00; guitar solo starts at about 2:45. The solo from the album track is cool, but I always love the live improvisation.

The man that started it all:

More Prince, Less everyone else.

Here is a solo by Rick Wakeman. yes, I’m posting a piano solo in a guitar solo thread. I’m just not going to make a fucking thread just for this. He basically shits on Dragon Force with one hand so it seems relevant. To my lazy interwebz friends you can jump to the good stuff between 2:25-4:14.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
I wasn’t a huge fan of Prince until Yo Momma posted a link of Prince that went on forever. The guy is so talented. BUT… I have lost that link and I happen to be a huge fan of ACDC. Here is Angus Young.

I wish I had this kind of talent.

[/quote]

Damn right it’ talent. You can’t just learn the guitar and play like this.
You gotta be crazy like this little dude. Hell, I don’t even like Angus, but boy do I respect him.

Cry, guitar, cry!
(this one I can’t listen just once, I have to hear it at least 10 times before the next one)

Not the kind of hard rocking solo, but it’s still one of my most favorite.

Now that’s a classic. Hands down.

To me, one of the most exciting and emotional songs.

I just learned this one (but that’s not me in the video)

Soothing…

This is getting long. I’ll post more favorites later on in another post.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Less Prince.[/quote]

Fixed

[quote]Who_Cares wrote:
Great Stuff.[/quote]

1. Talent = Passion X Dedication

2. The Farewell Ballad makes me misty every time I hear it. Zakk has the best tone and vibrato ever.

3. For some reason I keep leaving Clapton off of my list of favorite guitarists. Not in the future.

4. Buckethead is a virtuoso but he doesn’t do it for me. I don’t get any emotion out of his stuff.

5. John Frusciante is very underrated, by me especially. I like him a lot more than Dave Navarro.