Guitar Rising

‘Guitar Hero’ For Real Guitars (Updated)
By Eliot Van Buskirk EmailFebruary 07, 2008 | 10:50:51 AMCategories: Digital Music News, Gear, Getting Artists Paid, Music Tools, Tutorials, Videos

Having spent a fair amount of time rocking Guitar Hero like a hurricane, I’ve often wondered whether such a game would be possible using actual guitars. With something like that, you could just play the song, rather than trying to figure out how to press a bunch of plastic buttons at the right times. And if you didn’t know how to play, the game would teach you.

GameTank’s Guitar Rising game, slated for a late 2008 release, promises exactly this. Here’s the video:

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/02/guitar-hero-for.html

I wish I could hook up my guitar to guitar hero. I’m a really good guitarist, but I suck at Guitar Hero. I’d really haul ass then, the fucking no-life bastards…

I wonder if it has a “musician-mode” for people who can actually read and play and then “poser-mode” for people who can only read tab.

WOW. that makes my head hurt. only because I cannot play the guitar, but I am sweet at guitar hero. Sounds like a cool idea though.

It’s a neat idea, but I refuse to believe that it hasn’t been done before. It is trivial really.