GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

try a few of them warmup tips and youl be set to go.

1 Like

Ya strongman will be good for you. 110% increase in strength from sexy tights. Youl outlift everyone easy peasy

1 Like

Dafuq you live @guineapig gainsville?

2 Likes

RIP Guinea Pig

4 Likes

Lel not sure if Australia or Texas…

1 Like

Probably Russia, that’s where all the gains at…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nice try Darth Teletubby nobody gon turn to the dark side today.

2 Likes

@guineapig forgot to congrats on the Rep PRs enjoy them while they last mane.

1 Like

Iron Revolution had reps at this year’s Arnold’s amatuer strongman. They also make frequent(ish) appearances on startingstrongman.

Some good lifters coming out of there - I’d be signing up on the spot.

Seems their powerlifters are making appearances at GPC - perhaps @MarkKO has more info but appearances by multiple lifters at the national level is a pretty good tick.

I wouldn’t be too worried about getting distracted - they’ll probably recommend you use strongman implements for assistance work in the off season. It will be a good change of pace.

3 Likes

I really should but hate warming up other then just starting with the bar and going at it.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely heard the the gym, can’t bring to mind individual lifters though. But yeah, multiple at GPC nats means something. Not disrespecting CAPO but to get to GPC nats you actually have to be in the top 10 to 15 in your weight class before invites go out.

Im of the same mindset, but actually the day I hit my Deadlift PR i actually did all my warm-ups as deficit pulls. Food for thought.

I still warm up like you though. Maybe I should actually learn my own lesson.

1 Like

Yeah I think the strongman workouts go down Saturday so today there wasn’t much strongmanning going on

Was kidding about the distracted by strongman thing. Am 99 % focused on Powerlifting (1% bodybuilder) but have a lot of respect for all kinds of lifters. Respect between lifters builds that great atmosphere that I got a taste of.

Dunno if I’ll sign up just yet tho. Only casuals visits when the opportunity arises for now.

1 Like

That’s probably the best approach to get a feel for the place. Have a talk to the other lifters, see how good the team spirit is.

Usually gyms like this have group sessions. Sit in on one of those as well. It really is a great way to train.

The only downside is casual visits are usually more expensive. And you’ll eventually come over to the dark side because it is the best haha

3 Likes

Maybe… but I think you’re bit biased

2 Likes

The only reason I’m not doing strongman is that the only strongman gyms in Canberra seem to have odd hours that don’t suit me (and I’m particular like that) otherwise, hell, why wouldn’t I? A strength sport revolving around picking things off the ground, carrying stuff and pressing overhead is pretty much made for me.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy PL, but I’m not exactly gifted at it.

Doooooo it… You know you want to

4 Likes

Last time I went to Dohertys, had a great time getting distracted by the strong man equipment

Which one was that? I’ve been to the city one and Bendigo and all I’ve seen between the two is a dissembled yoke and farmers walk things in the corner.