GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

It’s great. Too bad there’s few such gyms in my state and probably the whole of Australia. Maybe a couple of dozen really good gyms. I’ve always assumed the US has more nice gyms around because of the lifting culture over there? Can you walk down the street and into a nice gym or something?

1 Like

Dat asssss in the background tho lel.

If you like the DL bar then the sumo DL bar will be even better. Theres knurling in the middle to hold onto and smooth outside of that to reduce friction when pulling sumo

I’m thiccer

Depends on where you are. There are some nice gyms 30-40 min drive from me. But the smaller towns don’t have near what that gym has.

I’m lucky enough to have 5 powerlifting/strongman oriented gyms within 15-20min of me. There are also probably double that of planet fitness type gyms.

I’m not sure if you’re serious but how is that even possible from like a business point like don’t they just compete hard against each other

Maybe it’s an exaggeration lol

The US is a big place though. Aren’t some states or places more lifter friendly or is that another misconception?

The diversity here is wide spread. Regional, large city/ small town, and dependent mostly on population concentration. Larger cities have more options. I’m not sure about state specific, but there are pockets of strong lifts by communities in specific areas. I think Ohio, California…would be more litter friendly. Where I live power sports are catching on and we have some damn strong country corn fed boys. There are guys smashing drug free records right now and if it didn’t cost so much to compete I would say that some of these southern country boys would top the list of strongest mofos on earth.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I figure you’ll never find yourself out there, but the Doherty’s in Dandenong kicks ass. Some big ass/strong ass people over there.

2 Likes

One day. Haven’t been to the Frankston Doherty’s either

I love that place, $5 casuals and they even have strong man equipment

1 Like

Slightly, about the commercial gyms. But I’m serious about the powerlifting gyms. #blessed

Lucky guy.

It’d be pretty hard I think but also cool to try to figure out which is the best gym in the US or maybe a top 10 in no particular order. My Vernon Barbell where Larry Wheels and co trains looks incredible

Training update/plan kinda.

Finishing up this training block with tomorrow’s work out.

I’ve been training high specificity low rep for a while now so it’s probably time to move away from that and switch things up to a hypertrophy focused block for a while.

Bit of exercise and loading and tempo variation will be nice but I don’t wanna completely ditch the competition movements because I wanna keep the technique gains I’ve made. Maybe hit a few low rep sets of the comp lifts pretty frequently.

Maybe some DB inclines, overhead press, Conventional/Romanian DLs, Snatch Grip Deads, High Bar squats, front squats and chins, rows and a bunch of isolation movements.

Diet side of things I’ll hit my daily protein and eat more KFC and stuff.

Any pro tips or program recommendations ?

1 Like

Dogg crap
Mass made simple
CT’s best damn

To name a few

2 Likes

Pretty sure you got that covered:

3 Likes

6/7/18
W6D2

Last workout of the program and was meant to be pretty chill but ended up going for a max on DL because my boy was there encouraging me.

Squat 4x4 @ 140kg
Bench 3x2 @ 100kg
Sumo DL 1 @ 220,230,240kg , 3x3 @ 205kg

Unplanned DL straps hitched max lol. Was about as foolish and bad as it sounds. Back rounded out and for once I hitched a sumo (didn’t feel like a hitch at the time but the footage shows it).

At least I learnt two things from it: Where my DL bar max is vs stiff bar and that loss of back positioning is still the issue.

Loss of back position is still the limiting factor like form breakdown vs lower body being able to move the weight.

The bar looks to be moving alright speed wise but due to the rounded back the top half becomes awkward because the bar can get out in front of me, balance changes and having to unround the back midway through the bar path.

Advice welcome here and I’m probably gonna start up a thread for the rest of the forum. Pretty sure just get bigger/stronger is going to be part of the answer and I hope future training can get me the bigger part.

4 Likes

Not the smartest thing I’ve seen all day but doesnt matter if you had fun and didn’t go to snack city lel. I’ll try to post up some helpful advice a bit later.

1 Like

I see you