GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

17/3/18

Quick late night sesh getting in some Pull Ups, Curls and Shoulders Raises pretty much a bit of a ez pump and it feels good. I found with Powerlifting training I kinda don’t get like the skin splitting juicy pump that bodybuilding got me so it’s nice.

Pull Ups
BW x 15,15,15,13

Lateral Raises
6kg x lots x 4 sets

Curls
10kg x lots x 4 sets

Nobody in the gym cos it’s late and hot as fuck so busted out the old tank top (last time I wore it was months ago lol) and had a quick 30 second flex in the mirror

5 Likes

When you too cheap to pay 5 extra bucks for GMO and Hormone Free guinea pig

When you get randomly selected for drug test at meet but can’t even bench two plates

When you photoshop upper body but skip legs so you put a preacher curl station in the way

When you skip appropriate footwear that complies with OHS regulations day

6 Likes

19/3/18
Sheiko 3 Day Under-80kg
W2D1

Squat

Time to show the squat some technique love like just trying to tweak things a bit. It’s a work in progress and I might do some bar only reps on my fuck around days with a box to learn depth.

Having the bar a tad lower on my back and stance slightly wider seems to do good things.

Pause Squat

Form tweaks actually made pause squats feel harder/worse lol. Work in progress anyways so no biggy.

Comp Bench

Felt alright. Just need to focus on putting everything together too get the tightest most powerful press off the chest as possible.

Chest Flye + Push Ups
Superset for the filthy titty pump. Awesome feeling

Good Mornings
Miss me with these cos my hammies stil sore from last time I did good mornings. Might squeeze it in on Wednesday maybe.

Leg Press

Out of time cos need to go get Mexican with the boys so will leave these for later:
Rows
Curls
Shoulder Raises

2 Likes

On an unrelated to training note does anybody follow what’s happening with YouTubers boxing each other. Like it’s not one of those let’s have fun and bop each other for charity kind of things but like starting drama(fake?), call each other out and challenging to generate lots of publicity and money and fame.

KSI is gonna fight Logan Paul (the suicide forest body vid guy) and I sincerely hope Ksi does whatever it takes like juicing up so that he can beat the shit out of Logan Paul. Would pay to watch that (No more than five dollars lol)

2 Likes

Technique work is never a waste of time!

3 Likes

Yeah. I think with Sheiko the low rep sets let people make every rep technique work so it works well for that. It’s just a bit awkward making changes while doing the program is all.

How’s things on your end? Hamstring 100% yet?

Congrats on 4 cookie deadlift btw. I’m gonna have to keep working to stay ahead of you lol. Maybe bulking up another 50 lbs would be good

Hamstring is solid. I’m still not trusting it 100% yet and have some mental thugs to overcome. I get very concerned when squatting…

I laid out a new squat program in my log that will start Friday! Basically I will open each lift session with a 25 rep squat set then we are doing some Hypertrophy work with dumbbells. I’m getting away from the barbell work for 6 weeks. Mostly to keep my training partner happy…

If you weighed 240 like I do…you would have a 7-800 lb DL. I’m super weak for my size. But I’m old and only been lifting since June 2017

1 Like

It looks nice…

Tip: As for the bridge, maybe these pictures will help you…

Arch1

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give them a go next time benching

mr. guineapig you wear romaleos 2 right?

Yeah

review?

1 Like

Crack his head open like an egg.

Quintessential heeled Powerlifting shoe. Built to last, solid as fuck and sexy aesthetics.

Also > Romaleos 3

You already have shoes though lol

/s

2 Likes

At least sell off your current ones to a mate or something lol

Tru lel

1 Like

Also the 2s are cheaper and on sale now with lots of different colours to match to your sbd gear

1 Like

I will if i decide to buy them lol, not that crazy,
We got a huge facebook group here where i could sell them to,