GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

The rest of T-Nation after that exchange:

4 Likes

You should look through the Sheiko forum if you haven’t already, you will get better information specific to the program there than you will here. Go easy on the good mornings and don’t go past where you can maintain a neutral spine. Sheiko says to start with 40% of your squat 1rm and use the stance opposite to your deadlift. Some of the programs have reverse hypers in them, knowing what I know now thanks to McGill I would definitely consider switching them with something else like regular hypers/back raises.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had a browse of the 3 Day program thread and some stuff on exercise selection.

For good mornings there’s lots of loading on my hammy and plenty of stretch so I’m thinking that I’ll set up a rack to limit ROM.

Probably start much lighter than 40% and just work my way up maybe 40kg to start with

As for reverse hypers I can’t do that stuff in the gym anyways lol so if there’s a spot for something like that it’ll be back raises

1 Like

That’s the right approach.

Why are you using something as weak as caffeine? You would have to drink several hectoliters in order to have an adequate effect.

Ok…

It’s logical that the length of break is conditioned by the exercise and its difficulty. I meant the bench press. In my opinion, too long breaks are detrimental because it significantly cancels the pace of the training.

Lol nah 500-700mg is usually enough. Might try cocaine next time unless you have some other super stimulant in mind

I’m kidding but whatever the substance or supplement it’s just an extra boost like 10-20% but the bulk of it is just letting loose and removing the limiter that was once hype.

1 Like

Don’t forget Ammonia e.g. Skull Smash Nose Tork etc.

1 Like

I wanted to say there are a lot of better and more legal supplements on the market, especially in America. For example, Europe is, unfortunately, very restrictive in this thing.

Maybe I try soon amphetamine (the only stimulant substance I believe in efficiency) for the first time before training.

Can there be too much stimulant.

It lets you lift more but what if you can’t even sit still or rest properly or can’t think or focus with all that stimulation?

video please

2 Likes

These symptoms are individual… For example, clenbuterol doesn’t cause all people hand knocks as described in the literature.

1 Like

Keen for starting Sheiko tomorrow.

Dug up my portable bluetooth speaker. It looks like this one except aqua.

It’s not so big and powerful but hopefully it can overpower the pop music they usually play in the gym with Pokémon theme song lol

Dunno if I even need the music cos Sheiko seems pretty chill lol

3 Likes

looking forward to see how it goes.
Thinking of this one myself

Dude we have the same deadlift shoes and the same portable speaker…

2 Likes

I’m sexier though

That’s a PR right there

1 Like

Old but gold

1 Like

12/3/18

FeelGood Fitness with the boys and my little JBL bluetooth speaker.

Strange feeling the last few sessions just fucking around and being chill in the gym as I got ready for this week. Now that it’s time to start the program I can put some focus and intensity back into my workouts.

Sheiko 3 Day Under 80kg W1D1

So it begins. I’ve tried to keep the program as is as much as possible but this is how it looks like so far. I don’t wanna make to many changes to the excel file and fuck it all up so haven’t listed accessories/developmental movements on the spreadsheet.

Squat

Weird feeling having warm ups dictated by overlord Sheiko but whatevs. Threw on the belt again and it feels solid. No knee sleeves this time because I can’t be bothered.

Bench Press
Long Pause Bench Press

Fuck these felt terrible. Not sure exactly which muscle group it was but something was fatiguing that I’ve never really felt before like slowing at mid range as the bar comes back over my shoulder.

Fast 3ct pause lol this time but I could go longer pause in future if it has more benefit. The 7 sets of 6 reps seemed like a lot cos I burned out from the long pauses.

So I think next time long pause bench rolls around there need to be some changes made to intensity/reps/sets. It’s in like 2 weeks though so long time

Machine Flyes
5 x 12 @ 40

Good Mornings (Standing)
5 x 8-12 @ 40kg

Dunno how these are meant to look but when performing them it felt like ROM was really small but on watching back it looked alright.

Took a low bar rack position cos I felt more secure but bar shifted about a bit. With 40kg I can pretty much hold it all in my hands not on back but with heavier weights it might get a bit awkward.

Does good morning have to be relatively heavy to be good or can it be like a flye with higher reps and stretching of the hamstring?

Bit of a stretch in the hamstrings but dunno if they’ve been worked until I get some DOMS in a day or two.

Curls
x 8-12 @10kg

Lateral Raises
3 x 12-20 @ 7kg

Rear Delt Flye
Band Pull Aparts

Long session longer I thought it’d be more gruelling too by the time I got to accessories. How long should sessions go? Should I be pushing through or taking my time?

Nachos post workout to finish off protein for the day.

And that’s about it. Still feel like I don’t really know what I’m doing but I got the support of IRL friends and online friends along for the journey so it’s alright . With everybody watching my back I think there’s gonna be plenty of gains in future.

2 Likes

Douche mode activated… because headphones are for beta males haha

1 Like