GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

If I was you I would just do the program as written for now, if you are going to change anything then add pause squats and maybe replace deficit DL with paused DL but nothing beyond that. If the volume seems too low then buy the Shieko app and try a higher volume program. For now, the sample programs should be more or less appropriate for you as they are written, make minor changes if any at all.

2 Likes

It’s difficult to answer. I wrote a tip for improving technique of the sumo deadlift, but if you can get a good technique from what suits you, I don’t see the problem.

Logically, there is a premise that during heavier intensity or weights will reduce your quality of technique. I think it will be good if you are still improving technique of the sumo deadlift by reducing your PR of the sumo deadlift (for example, 15 kg). Less is sometimes more.

1 Like

Got it. We are still good for lots of curls right?

1 Like

yeah lots of curls

2 Likes

The single undisputed fact of lifting weight, bigger bicepz increase all your lifts. period.

3 Likes

The more grips you use for curls, the less dangerous they are.

1 Like

4 Likes

Do curls, but don’t overdo them because they won’t help much and they cause additional fatigue, even if they are a relatively easy exercise. I would say 3-4 sets twice a week, 10-20 reps, one day barbell or ez bar and hammer curls the other day. Keep it light, get a pump, save your energy for important stuff. Sheiko’ programs seem to be pretty light on upper back work from what I recall so adding in some face pulls, band pull aparts, or rear delt flys here and there won’t hurt either, those are all easy to recover from and don’t feel as unproductive as bicep curls.

1 Like

Controversial Take:

Maybe curls aren’t necessary.

Or maybe curls don’t do much for a dude who has already got 18" pythons.

Me:

4 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOO
Curls are the number one lift in the gym

King of lifts : Squat
queen: DL (sumo)
But the trump ace : Curls

1 Like

Ok, that came strange.

Curls are cool. Bigger Biceps, Bigger Arms, Bigger Lifts! But if your arms are already big and thick, they may not do much for you. The arms are already thick.

Chris is so jacked, it looks like his arm bones are short. A more slender dude will have “extra long” arms. He’ll need more arm mass, and more curls, to achieve this same Proportion.

Earlier today I signed up for my free subscription at Kabuki movement systems, I re-watched a video with Stan Efferding where he says that you don’t actually need to do any curls at all (even for physique-related goals) if you do all your rows and chin ups/pulldowns with a supinated grip. He also mentions a study where they had one group do all pulling movements with a pronated grip and then do bicep curls after and the other group used a supinated grip for pulling movements and did no curls, both groups got the same results in bicep growth. Stan is all about “return on his investment” in training, as he puts it. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend doing all rows/chins supinated but some is definitely a possibility and it will reduce the need for curls.

2 Likes

@simo74

5 Likes

Lmfao that looks like a well balanced meal. Quality

1 Like

Veggie game on point!

1 Like

*picture of two plates of chicken/rice with half a slice of cucumber each perfectly balanced on an old school
set of scales

1 Like

All the basic food you need. lil’ bit of rice, decent amount of meat to grow and lots and lots of veggies.
Way to grow for a guineapig :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol veggies. As you can tell im not the biggest fan of veggies but as long as a have something I can get down easy and quick then it’s all good.

Like stuff that takes minimal effort/cooking and tastes like nothing so I can stuff down a handful after a meal like spinach, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, peas etc. pretty big list actually

1 Like

I mentioned the song before but this was the video I heard it on first.

It’s not good to watch if I’m not lifting soon because it gets me hyped up keen for the gym and psychologically aroused (lol) and stuff so if I don’t go lift soon it’s just frustrating and draining to watch these videos