GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

No veggies!!

2 Likes

Guinea pigs are carnivores and veggies make them shit blood and die

2 Likes

Better start eating veggies and hay

5 Likes

7/3/18

Switching to Sheiko 3 Day Under 80kg next week so today was a fuck around day with some squats and deadlifts. Dunno about which supplemental exercises and stuff with Sheiko to do but will post about that and get thoughts laters

Pause Bench
90kg x 5,5 Rep PR

Sumo Deadlift
190kg x 1
180kg x 5

Awkward single at 190kg trying to keep form but looked weird off the floor.

1 Like

Welcome to gainsville.

2 Likes

Did you modify it when you did it?

2 Likes

I sometimes round-up weights , especially on warmups (Im not doing a set with 119 on the bench, thats a 120). You basically get to chose your own accessories (i.e he just writes chest muscles or lat muscles).

In terms of real modifications, there are some that I felt were sensible:

• If you lift Sumo, and you have rack pulls programmed, can be reasonable to replace with deficit pulls.
  • On a double bench day, where you have chest muscles programmed as an accessory, I sometimes swap for an upper back accessory if my chest is fried.
  • I sometimes add curls between warm-up sets on squats. Because curls
  • I usually add band pull-aparts between bench sets.
  • I swap Leg curls for Glute ham raises
  • I no longer do standing good mornings, I do hypers instead.

In short, nothing fundamental was modified. But accessories were tweaked based on my weaknesses.

2 Likes

There’s info on the Sheiko forums in the 3 day program’s thread.

A quick good of “Sheiko Modifications” or “Sheiko Customisations” can guide you in making changes to the program and there’s lists of supplementary and developmental exercises for each lift that you can sub in. There’s some exercises that aren’t listed specifically but they’d still work well in principle.

1 Like

6 Likes

Hey everybody so this is what I’ve got so far.

Squat

Supplemental - Pause Squat (cos I divebomb). How do I do the intensity %1RM and the volume?

Developmental - Leg Press (because I squat quad dominant and it’s one of the few things my gym has. Also gives my back a break)

Deadlift

Supplemental - 2 Count Pause Sumo (improves starting position and at the floor). Again dunno how to do the intensity and volume (three plates seemed to be a good spot)

Developmental - Dunno maybe Good Mornings or Romanian Deadlifts. Kind of a kill lots of birds with a stone with some lower back and posterior chain work.

Back extensions or hyperextensions maybe if Romanians or Good mornings aren’t enough lower back work

Bench Press

Bit unsure of what to do here in terms of supplemental exercises after the main lift. Maybe longer pauses or pin press or something (anything lol I’m not sure)

Cos I need more muscle which will push my bench up could i maybe not do any supplemental movement and just do lots of work in exercises (dips, incline, DBs for bodybuilding purposes and eat lots.

Really need some advice here.

For Muscles and Other Stuff

Curls

Cable Rows for sure

Abs maybe (I don’t know if ab training is useful)

Good Girl Bad Girls (cos the machine is there lol)

Pull Ups/Chin Ups

External Rotation and Band Pull Aparts for shoulder health and to balance our all the benching.

OHP (I’d really like to squeeze this in somewhere cos I’m making mad gains on it and want some boulder shoulder action)

Shoulder Raises

That’s about it I think.

Any input/advice appreciated thnx
@chris_ottawa @Pinkylifting @gaelic @khangles @theonecamko or others

Probably a good idea to through in some glute ham raises, will help with both squat and dead.

This will also help your bench.

CG Bench and I always liked incline DB as an accessory.

1 Like

For short pauses I kept the % and volume the same, if I started to fatigue early I stopped pausing on the last sets or just pause the first rep of each set. Longer pauses on warm-ups and use this more on the second squat session where % and volume is lower already.

Get good at ab wheel roll-outs. Best ab exercise to simulate bracing for heavy squats and DL’s.

3 Likes

No GHR anymore unfortunately

Is there a way to make them hard like on your legs cos I could just pump out loads on my knees. How about RKC planks?

If you can ‘pump out’ proper full ab wheel roll-outs your abs are a lot stronger than mine.

Another option is a weighted vest or a plate on your back if you don’t have one.

Another progression is standing rather than kneeling rollouts.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. However, the meaning of my previous sentence doesn’t change.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a whole thread set-up for this argument? lel

Ain’t nobody got time for that