GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

27/11/17

Finally a cold day in Melbourne. Perfect weather for lifting as I head into the city to get a workout in with a couple of my best buds at the city Doherty’s.

Deadlift

Sumo 180kg x 3,4,4,4 Rep PRs

Couldn’t decide which set was better so here’s two vids pls vote on sexiest set

Started with deadlifts for a change and went a little too ham which affected the rest of the workout.

Sumo today with different equipment (Some kinda eleiko bar) and felt massively awkward. Worked up to 180kg which moved like 170kg last week and looks like 180kg is gonna be working weight now.

Technically lifetime rep PRs because I’ve never worked with 180 before… I dunno. Will add reps over the next few weeks.

Looking to continue to implement tweaks to better sumo technique but its kinda on auto pilot now. Just need to put in the time and practice and the gains will come.

Conventional 155kg x 5,6,7 Rep PRs

Planned to hit 3 sets of 5 for a Rep PR (again because haven’t worked with 155kg before) but the weight on the bar moved and felt like three biscuits a side and with a bit of peer pressure chucked a few more reps in easy. Good news if conventional builds sumo like I’ve been told

Bench 90kg x 6,6,6,5

More bench volume but feeling extra mad about that poverty bench because all my mates are beast benchers.

Squat 130kg x 5,5,5,4,3

No vid cos was absolutely smashed between sets

Wanted 5x5 at 130kg for a Volume PR but was drained and had nothing left in the quads. Got in some work and called it a day.

Deadlift is in a good place now so maybe time to focus other lifts

3 Likes