GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

When flip talks, I listen. End of story.

5 Likes

New figure 8 straps arrived (lost my old pair) from Underground Elite. Next day delivery master race. Can’t wait to try them out. Has always been a bit awkward to pull sumo with them tho

2 Likes

Sumo = Cheating
Straps = Cheating
Figure 8 Straps = Cheating squared

Sumo + Figure 8 Straps = Cheating^2 + Cheating

3 Likes

Agree 100% on this.

Reminded me of all the sumo pullers around

https://instagram.com/p/BcqPIZYnHBQ/

3 Likes

@painter27 has called in to question my commitment to the Road to SHW… well I present the GuineaPig MegaMac:

Just a Big Mac on top of another but I think in Japan there’s an actual Mega Mac for sale

3 Likes

Ah japan, the home of the sumo wrestler.

2 Likes

The ancestral homeland of all who eat butt and pull sumo

2 Likes

Now that’s some SHW right there

2 Likes

looks nice. Howd you eat it tho?

1 Like

2 Likes

15 / 12 / 17

Christmas is coming, with sales going down all over the internet, which means for this little piggy it’s time to splurge on every impulse buy opportunity that arises … actually nvm that’s how I am all year around.

So far the online shopping has been:

• Species Nutrition Isolyze WPI 50% off
  • 2XU MCS CrossTraining Tights 50% off
  • Underground Elite Pro Figure 8 Lifting Straps 20% off

Maybe to come:

• SBD Limited Edition Winter Range Gear (gonna outangle @joerywesselingg’s SBD collection)
  • Budget Single Prong Belt (tho Iron Revolution has communal belts but can’t find one in guinea pig size)
  • Anything else that I have the impulse to buy

My goal is to outangle @duketheslaya’s christmas haul so we’ll see how it goes.

Now to today’s workout. No gym buddies but I suspect I might actually lift better alone lol

Back at Iron Revolution for some Powerlifting action and not so much strongman lol (maybe later @strongmangoals ). Only con is that no one is miring my guineapig size lifts here. Strong women be lifting big weights and it’s scary. Good scary tho.

Squat
140kg x 6 Rep PR
150kg Sleeves x 4,3,4 Rep PR

Last sleeveless set of squats to start off the session. Wanted one last rep PR to see off sleeveless squats. Three cookies on the bar and a lifetime rep PR to see off the sleeveless squat phase (Did pussy out and wear a belt tho… still counting as a rep PR)

Have stuck with sleeveless squats for this cycle but peeps here on the forum and IRL have me convinced that I should be training mostly in sleeves and that apparently they don’t add too much to my squat…

First few sets of my sleeved squat phase starting with conservative weights/reps. 150kg x 4 with belt (probably stick with belt from now on too)

Am anticipating big gains in this sleeved squat phase. Bench I’m still planning out probably some OHP action amongst other things (am open to suggestions) and for Deadlift probably more of the same as it’s working so far.

Bench Press
95kg x 5 Rep PR, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3

Random unplanned bench press rep PR at 95kg x 5 (not filmed so will have to take my word for it). After last bench session was rubbish was anticipating another poor sesh but started off well. Must be the comp benches.

Nvm reps petered off real fast but got in the volume.

Think I finally found a good foot position kinda turn out and the pressure is on the inside of my foot. Cramps the shit out of my hips but tighter set up. Technique gains reps PRs all kinds of gains

Deadlift

Sumo Deadlift
185kg x 5,5 Rep PR

Deadlifts always feeling awkward at Iron Revolution. It’s like the stiff bar of stiff bars of something. No slack was pulled today lol.

Lo day today so got in the rep PR of 185kg x 5. Felt alright lost the bar forward a bit on some reps. Really focusing on a cue the Natty Professor was taking about on his YouTube vid “Head goes back” but forgot to keep the bar close

Conventional Deadlift
165kg x 5,5,5

After the 160kg x 10 tru lifetime rep PR last session the weight is bumped up to 165kg. This uncharted territory now for all my lifts so technically all Rep PRs and “technically” is good enough for me.

On rewatching the vid realised I miscounted the set so I now doubt all the other sets and my very existence

Anyways prepare yourselves to see Rep PR noted next to conventional deadlifts at least for a month or two.

Maybe should deadlift with a belt… but have never done so before because felt awkward to get in position.

Decently chill sesh overall. Rep PRs on everything tho most were because I’ve never repped said weight before lol.

It’s nice to not be pressed for time and even finished early enough to throw in a few sets of weighted pull ups and sumo cheat stretching while waited for my pizza.

Dominos is awaiting pick up so it’s time for some SHW gains.

Seeing everyone doing the work and getting results is pushing me too. Don’t need a formal competition like @Despade and @lord_humongous to push me (my bets on Lord Humongous lol)

4 Likes

Nice session.

Just watching your bench it struck me that at the midpoint, your elbows are notably wider than your hands which would mean putting a lot more stress on your tricep relative to your chest and could be holding back your bench gains.

Take a video head-on next time, It might just be the angle but you wont see it side on.

If you arent already at max grip width looks like you’d benefit from a wider grip or touching the bar lower down so your forearms stay vertical rather than pointing in.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight big man.

Yeah I think you’re right. I don’t have stacked worst and elbows. In the past it’s been awkward for me but this phase I’ve kinda moved grip out and it feels good. Maybe a bit wider than because I don’t even have fingers on the rings yet.

I’ll put it on the list.

1 Like

Why so helpful mane?

Not sure, I think I’m still a little drunk from last night.

2 Likes

Here’s a “not helpful at all reply”

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIC

Definitely the red shirt. Dunno about the rest tho.

Duke has quite the war chest tho

Seriously…?

Yury Belkin baby pls…

Probably should try tho. Belkin’s the minority for sure.

1 Like

Yeh I don’t think I have the cash to beat duke.

Natty Professor… I know it cringey but he has good info. Whether he is natty or not I don’t know and don’t care.

I wish I could be half the lifter Belkin is. If I ever meet him I’ll pull out my phone with google translate Russian and tell him he’s my inspiration.

1 Like

Bruh…

2 Likes

2 Likes