GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Really helpful vid thanks (hard to listen to that guy because he talks boring)

Gunning for some rep PRs next work out so if anybody has music suggestions pls. Any genre as long as it’s relatively fast paced and gets you hyped/pumped for lifting.

Thanks

Can relate to stale playlists. Try this thread:

khangles - Hungry for Rep PRs?

@guineapig - *Hunger for Rep PRs intensifies
Piggy

4 Likes

24/11/17

Hot days make for poor sleep and sweaty training sessions so not expecting much going in but still hit planned rep PRs

Squat 130kg x 4 Sets (7 PR, 5, 5, 5)

Tried out top set training style on Squats and got the number I was aiming for going in. New Rep PR of 130kgx7 yay. Rest of the Squats felt pretty shit tho with my quads feeling burnt out quickly.

Working in some sets belted stuff because in the past haven’t done much with a belt so don’t know how to use it properly. Any good guides to using a belt?

Bench 90kg x 4 Sets (6,6,6,5)

Playing around with grip width and bar path and try and unpoverty my bench. Ended up going same grip as I’ve been using the last few weeks anyways.

Tried out a new cue of keeping the bar in the “area” between touch point and start to help bar path. I often misgroove/miss benches down towards my belly when I get fatigued but this helped a bit

May have been a rep PR today if I went for it but it wasn’t the plan and had no spotter so maybe another time.

Deadlift

Sumo
170kg x 8 Rep PR

Counted 9 somehow but ended up setting a Rep PR nevertheless. Form got sloppy but I don’t think guinea pig’s have much brain power anyways at least not enough to last 8-9reps.

Now it’s time to move up in working weight. Not sure if I should jump to 175kg or 180kg. What do you guys think?

180kg x 2 Sets (3,3)
To practice form and get form check. Would be much appreciated if @chris_ottawa, @Vincepac1500, @khangles and anyone else could drop a comment on form. Sets one and two below from different angles for critique. I think side view is least flattering for everybody

Played around with some more toes to plates wide sumo trying to get in a better position than last time.

Conventional
150kg x 4 Sets (7,7,7,7)
Conventional felt kinda slow today but still set rep PRs and got in the volume. One set with belt but dig into me bad. Not sure where belt goes on deadlift.

Before anyone asks yes I filmed the bitch quarter squ … I mean the dude explosive athletic …squatting. He said he was couldn’t go deeper and it didn’t matter because he was training for basketball anyways.

Decent workout overall and happy with the rep PRs. Will probably start slowly dieting down now and over the next few months get shredded as fuck. Hopefully strength gains keep coming along but when the two start clashing with each other bad I’ll decide what to do at that point.

Thanks for the tips and laughs everyone

1 Like

Will post helpful shit later for now lels and trolololo.

As always (and probably going to say this everytime you post vids) looking sexy af in dem tights no homo. In the 180kg x 3 side view bish is mirin. @guineapig is swimming in pussy … or potential pussy at least lel. It’s gotta be the tights or maybe its because the whole “pull sumo eat butt” thing @cdmac24 said it pretty well.

lel. Even the best of gyms have dem quarter squatters.

Hmm. I don’t pay attention enough to who pulls big numbers or big sumo on these forums. I’d guess @MarkKO but then again I’ve only ever glanced at his log and saw pics of a huge scary looking dude and got out of there. Couple of strong Australians around but I don’t know if they pull sumo or nah. They might be able to help you anyways @painter27 @anon96032531

Would congratulate on Rep PRs but it seems you set them every other workout so can’t be arsed. Good job tho x 100 for the next years worth of workouts. Are these lifetime rep pbs or for this cycle?

Pls accept these GIFs as testament to your sexiness oh great GuineaPig

Again helpful stuff to follow later lel

4 Likes

Haha thanks.

When I say Rep PRs I mean lifetime PRs

Never pulled sumo in my life so can’t help with that
I can’t imagine the basic fundamentals would be any different to standard tho…
Brace breathe and hope to fuck you don’t pop a c2 vertebrae

2 Likes

What

You’ve never seen the video of old mate who was deadlifting with the roundest of all rounded backs pulling like 250kgs
He is looking like a motherfucking reversed fishhook, you hear a pop and he just crumbles
Literally snapped his c2 vertebrae in half

Haha I’ve only ever pulled 215 sumo but I found this video really helpful

2 Likes

Bruh can that dude walk anymore?

kilos…nah your sumo game weak af. Probably lbs

Yeah. I’m Australian I only deal in kilo’s

Nope he died
May he rest in peace
Rip

You sound more and more like a drug kingpin

1 Like

Damn soz bro. RIP indeed. That’s some freak accident…

Best sumo is 247.5 kg and I’m no technician, and it’s so narrow it’s infringing on semi sumo territory - so not exactly weak but not strong either. For a sexy AF sumo that’s also big @Vincepac1500 is your man.

2 Likes

Some helpful shit as promised

Sounds like it worked out for you. Just get really in the zone for a set feels much less daunting. Keep going with top sets for a while and you’ll probably be better off for it.

180kg because 4 biscuits looks cooler. Also it’ll drop your reps more than 175kg so you can better work on form.

Better for sure. I don’t exactly remember what everyone else said but the benefit of sumo is in getting the hips closer to the bar and reducing the moment at the hips. So while hips lower or knees out is the cue the result should be the hips being closer to the bar.

Dan Green said something along the lines of dropping your ballsack onto the bar lel.

Keep trying to get into better positions and you’ll gradually get better and better starting positions as you get more mobile over time.

1 Like

The GIFs are small and low quality but you can make out the improvement in back angle in the starting position. Bit closer to vertical by 10 degrees goes a long way. Only been a week or two. In a few months you’ll be pulling sexy

3 Likes

Sumos looking a lot better. The key is to keep it that way as you go up in weight. But definitely much better. If you watch both clips you can see the difference. The only thing I don’t like are the tugs on the bar before you pull I’d rather you get big air and build tension

3 Likes