T Nation

GuineaPig’s Training Log - Sheiko Gold AI - Road To First Meet & 600kg+ / 1400 lb Total

Thanks

How long until I lift as much as you lol ?

1 Like

No idea. I think the real question is how long until you lift more than I do. I’m not putting up anything impressive yet.

1 Like

Start with the vid @theonecamko recommended and post up some of your squat vids or start a form check thread.

1 Like

Humble/10

2 Likes

This is my PB squat from about a month ago in sleeves.

That vid and the ones in this log are all I’ve got.

1 Like
1 Like

Compared to sumo there’s a lot more big squatters around I thinks including some of the peeps who’ve already popped into this log.

I mean, thanks and all but a sub 1500 lbs total ain’t nothing to write home about unless you’re under 143 lbs. I do OK. OK is nothing to aim for. OK is baseline at best.

How much do you weigh? 143lbs? SHW? Bigger than @guineapig?

1 Like

At the moment I’m hovering around 200 lbs, when I hit that total I weighed in at 181 lbs with a 24 hour weigh in and competed weighing around 187 lbs. I think I’d probably be able to beat it by a bit now, but still be sitting under 1400 lbs which isn’t great.

I’m not trying to be a dick or get humble points. I just see what other guys anywhere from 165 lbs up are getting (and not even at top five in Aus level) and make my judgement of what is realistic and achievable based on that. I’m sitting below that marker. I’m also able to beat quite a few guys in whatever weight class I’m in, so I’m doing OK, but those are guys who aren’t doing too great.

Looking at how the GPC results stack up, what I’m seeing is this: to get to nationals at 165 lbs, you’ll need around 1200 lbs; at 181 lbs around 1320 lbs; at 198 lbs around 1430 lbs; in the 220s around 1540 lbs; and in the 242s around 1600 lbs or a tad more. I figure getting to nationals is a good marker for doing more than OK. Getting into top 10 is doing well, getting a podium and you’re most likely edging elite (in the classes I listed). Not sure about CAPO, but their standards seem a tad lower although I think that’s mostly due to numbers and a lot of lifters going to GPC because it runs so many meets. I’m not including PA because I have issues with its management attitude, the lifters seem cool and there are some strong ones. However, I did take a look at their qualifying standards for different levels (national, Oceania, worlds) around a year ago and, frankly, even factoring in walked out squats, a paused bench, stiff bar and no wraps they’re too low for me to find respectable. I could hit them now, from memory.

2 Likes

I compete in the 1kg class

7 Likes

Dat Wilks tho lel.

2 Likes

Maybe so but I think they just come here to like pictures of guinea pigs

2 Likes

Yeah man, they are just way too adorable!

1 Like

Who wouldn’t want to look at pictures of guinea pigs

1 Like

Change thread to Daily Cute Guinea Pig Pics Log pls

3 Likes

Am also here to post GIFs and Memes lel

@guineapig Starter Pack

4 Likes

One of the best things I’ve ever seen but…

Also you forgot this:

4C83D370-923B-4492-BE12-B44A9F58FDD0

1 Like

Log 1

1 Like

khangles: Drug Tested doesn’t mean Drug Free

IPF Elitist @guineapig :

3 Likes