GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Uses hookgrip for the challenge too what an absolute beast :p. Well done. Well done. The doms has already hit me pretty hard lel.

1 Like

Hooked for 4 or 5 sets. The thing was that it took 3-4 seconds to set the hook before pulling and I didn’t want to waste time. When I hook grip my thumbs don’t really get shredded or crushed much it was more the speed of mixed.

I’ll have DOMS too in the back half of my body by tomorrow lol.

I think the challenge was used as a training tool by the OP in the other thread and after trying it out myself I think it’s kinda overkill and a little bit dumb.

2 Likes

Haha yea definitely a fun challenge to have, but not something I’d do week in week out. I can’t imagine doing this every week trying to beat my previous time it just seems so mentally and physically taxing.

1 Like

You could probovaly shave a few minutes off your time lol just sayin

1 Like

Now that you mention this I may propose a challenge in the distant future lel. But for now, I sleep.

1 Like

Sleep is life

Sumo Challenge: plate to plate stance AMRAP 1 min 70kg without crushing ur toes

2 Likes

You are playing with fire boi

*firebending

@idontbrag123 @guineapig were either of you around for the “405 Deadlift Challenge” Thread? That one got a ton of people involved and is a solid challenge.

were there 101 rules to follow for that test too? lel

1 Like

I wasn’t around back then. What did the challenge entail?

1,001 haha

Step 1: Warm Up
Step 2: Load 405 on the bar
Step 3: 1 rep EMOM for 30 minutes
Step 4: Balls out set on minute 30
Step 5: Calculate total reps
Step 6: Rejoice

Jesus

Scaling was allowed, the folks that set it up went for max participation, it was pretty fun, had a lot of folks involved.

Yea I’d be totally down for a challenge like that. Sounds like alot of fun

Search up the thread, you’ve got a lot of examples, entries, measuring sticks in there already.

Oh I see so it’s sort of a continuous challenge?

It had a time frame, but there’s no reason it can’t live on.

Link

1 Like

I like it.

Will do it in 3 weeks at the end of this training cycle.

2 Likes

Sometimes we do dumb things. If we survive we might be stronger and wiser. Or just beat up.

1 Like