GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

17/9/18

Bench 14 Reps Total @ 100kg

There’s a little tweak feeling in my right pec I don’t know what it is/was. Definitely don’t remember a moment where I may have injured my pec this past week or today.

Still able to move weight well but it bugs me a lot and my attention all on it so went easy on the session with a few triples and top set of 110kg x 2 for fun.

Probably time for a deload for bench anyways because I’ve been smashing for a few weeks now. This “injury” may be my body telling me to back off so I will this week. Bit frustrating but I’ll be even keener to get back into training hard when I get back

Squats 5x4 @ 140kg

Moving inconsistently but acclimatising back to the workloads. Will probably start doing an accessory movement for quads after squats like leg press or hack squat or something. Will choose next time

4 Likes

We will crush the opposition in that meet. Now go get steroids

3 Likes

What weight class you gonna compete in? I was thinking of doing a powerlifting meet in between strongman comps for shits and gigs. We can see who has a better wilks haha

1 Like

I’ll check out the local pharmacy

83kg I think. There’s no wilks in the jungle so just cut down 20kg and we’ll go head to head

1 Like

Sacrilege to the Strongman gods :frowning_with_open_mouth:

haha im about 98kg now, so that would be a good time. How bout you just bulk up to my weight? you like KFC I think you can do it.

I was a powerlifter before I started strongman, just trying to go back to my roots.

3 Likes

100kg easy

2 Likes

2 Likes

I believe in you :slight_smile:
You don’t need roids, bulk or anything, you’re a Hamster, and they are awesome.
Put on the Hamster high top shoes and you’ll beat everybody.

1 Like

Thank you for blessing my road to three plate bench

2 Likes

18/9/18
Thanks for the support all

Deciding to take this week as a pseudo deload for all lifts bench most of all because of the minor tweak to my pec. Then into some Hypertrophy work to get massive-r

Sumo DL 3x1 @ 200
Conventional 4x6 @ 120

Skipped bench today so not much to say there but did deadlift things. Sumo Deadlift peaked the weeks before last and hit some decent lifts and rep PRs like 220kg x 3. Gone to shit now technique and strength wise though and I think I may have pushed it too long.

So time to back off and build back up

Main lift will be conventionals and won’t be skipping accessories. Played around with these lifts today: Conventionals, Good Mornings, Lying Hamstring Curls and Back Raises. Funny enough conventionals felt good even after quite some time off them #nocheating #ConventionalReturns

Will also be doing Cable rows as bench accessories but would still like some heavy upper back lifts maybe shrugs. Am open to thoughts and ideas

1 Like

Farmers walk if you have access to implements If not Trap bar walks or shrugs. Also facepulls every session even if just in warmup

1 Like

There’s farmers handles in the back. Will try out some shrugs too.

I feel like my back (upper back?) could just use a lot more muscle so I can just hold onto big weight like nothing with a strong back and just rip it off the ground.

Nothing scorches my traps like farmers do lol. Everyones different but I’ve found shrugs to be pretty useless for me. Think about it tho. Walking with 100kg per hand that your traps have to support or standing there doing some shit ass ROM shrugs with 3 or 4 plates lol

Yeah gotta get that thicc back

1 Like

Thiccccccc

An I going to beat to to a 3cookie Bench?

1 Like

Lookin thicc Guinea pig, look forward to seeing you put up some sexy numbers

1 Like

Front squats and chest supported rows homie, good accessory work for your goals. These two exercises(Plus some farmers walks) will help with all your lifts.

Nope