GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Like the goal is always to get stronger but I think having one top goal is better instead of just listing the next landmark for a bunch of lifts

Nice lifts Hamster. both lifts looks really solid, if you ask me.
Like the log name.

1 Like

7/9/18

Bench 30 Reps Total at 100kg
Just bench today and hit some triples for a volume PR

1 Like

8/9/18

Squats 3x4 @ 140kg
Quick squats just to keep technique fresh. Can’t say it’s all g yet. Still undecided between flats and heels.

Bench 5x4 @ 100kg
Incline DB Press 4 Sets
Cable Rows 8 Sets

2 Likes

ginuea

Or

lololol

1 Like

Where do I buy these?

If you start a gofundme to buy them, I’ll donate like $7.40 Just so I can witness you sumo deadsquatpress in these abomination of a shoe

2 Likes

That’s more than 10%. Am legit tempted

2 Likes

Been thinking a bit about my sumo stance width. With a closer stance I think I can get my knees out more and end up with a more upright back angle. Wider a get a bit less ROM but wouldn’t getting knees out more be more beneficial?

10/9/18

Guinea pig shoes are good but what about guinea pig flip flops?

Didn’t gym over the weekend so keen to get back into it. Not much time today so hit upper body press. Two days offer actually let my pressing muscles recovery catch up a bit so felt up to smashing out some work.

Bench Press 11x3 @ 100kg
Incline DB Press 5x12 @ 32.5kg

Volume PR on bench even though technique was iffy today. Followed up with DBs and was feeling strong on these. Time to up the weight soon to the 35kg dumbbells

3 Likes

11/9/18

Another quick bench day. Call me bench only pig because I’m bitching out on the other lifts.

Bench Press 21 Total Reps at 100kg
DB Incline Bench 4 Sets

1 Like

12/9/18

Third day benching in a row. Feeling good and upped the weight on the DBs to 35s for easy 8-10 reps. Gainz.

Bench Press 24 Reps Total at 100kg
Incline DB Press 4 Sets @ 35kg

Didn’t skip squats today but moved well enough. Switched back into oly shoes and it felt goodish for once. Still feeling like I’m getting more torso lean than I’d like I dunno maybe a hybrid bar position would be better for me.

Squats 4x5 @ 140kg

Legs a bit sore after probably from skipping squats too much

1 Like

Some decent volume on bench there mr pig. Are you following a specific program or just hitting volume at % based on prilepins chart ??

1 Like

Holy shit, nice bench. I remember when you couldn’t bench 85 kg. Good work.

1 Like

Nah just doing work. Not really any plan. Just push when I feel good and back off when I don’t and let the bulk push me forward for PRs.

I don’t know that chart well but I’ve found that low rep benching does good for me when I did Sheiko so I kept doing it. Working decent for the last almost two months and still going

2 Likes

When was that? I could bench 85 the day I was born ez lol

1 Like

You’ll have to be repping more than two plates if you want that three cookie bench

1 Like

All in good time sir. When this volume beats me up too much I’ll up the weight maybe 5-10kg and drop back the volume start from zero and build back up

13/9/18

Bench 15 reps total @ 100kg, Rep PR (7)
Plan was a back off day with benching after three consecutive bench days but considering how it went mayve should’ve pushed it a bit.

Unplanned rep PR of 7 reps at 100kg. Got to 4 and thought why not go for more. Pretty happy with it. At one point repping 100 seemed like a dream or at least a long way off.

Hit a few more sets but didn’t DB press.

Road to three plates continues.

Squat 5x4 @ 140kg
Sumo Deadlift 3x2 @ 200kg

Bench is going well but can’t say the same for squat/deadlift. Squats feel heavy and technique is meh. Same with deadlift.

I think it’s a combination of not eating enough the past fortnight, taking time away from lifting technique and pushing training too much for my recovery.

Plan going forward TBA but will keep on keeping with more of the same bench

Popped back into the gym in the evening because a mate wanted to go so did some cable rows and stuff

Also managed to not skip curls for once. This is the start of something massive like massive biceps. All I need to do is not skip curls lol

Cable Rows 7 Sets
Biceps 4 Sets
Delt Raises 4 Sets

1 Like