GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

:frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth:

I can still lift. Just excuse to not do cardio/running

1/9/18

Shitty day in the gym today. Squats felt terrible and inconsistent and bench was expectedly fried from yesterday.

Hip still acting up a bit and lower back is still fried from the sumo PR the other day but mostly it’s the squats going poorly that is the problem

Squats 6x2 @ 140kg
Bench 6x2 @ 100kg

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Nice…

Bench. Looked like there’d be a little more in the tank albeit touch and go

2 Likes

Yeah maybe 125kg no pause but I didn’t need to actually go for it. I just wanted to know I’ve been making progress. The PBing was actually a bit greedy lol

I don’t mind about the pauses getting shifty. I already did a proper paused PR right before the 120kg.

Like every time I max out I set a pause Pr than a shifty pause Pr. It’s still gains and I’ll happily hit 140kg TnG and pause it later after training a bit more

1 Like

1/9/18

Back feeling less fried finally. May or may not have been related to back rub from my girlfriend last night but I’ll chalk it up to time mostly.

Bench 3x8 @ 100kg

Bench still feeling a bit off since the unplanned PB sesh but good enough to hit some triples for a volume PR.

Squat 15 Reps Total @ 140kg

Squatted in flats today and it felt good

Felt slightly better than yesterday (absolutely shit so not saying much). Probably because back is less fried today.

Technique still frustratingly inconsistent and weak feeling. Can’t help that I’ve been playing around with technique but still feels like I’ve taken a few steps backward and have to get back to work getting back on track.

2 Likes

So will probably stick with this squat for now with flat shoes and slightly wider stance width with toes out more.

Will just build up volume and hopefully technique sorts itself out

1 Like

3/9/18

Low back finally feeling up to deadlifts. Fried again afterwards though lol

Sumo Deadlifts
Rep PR 210x4, 13 reps total @ 210kg

Low back ready to go so back with some deads. Technique didn’t feel super clean probably because of the week away from deads. Using the belt more and it seems it probs helping for once. Conservative Rep PR of 4 at 210kg icing on the cake.

Bench Press 6x3 @ 100kg
Incline DB Press 4 Sets

3 Likes

4/9/18

Upper body day as always. Good sesh got a bit sweaty.

Bench Press 29 Reps Total at 100kg

Bench moving well with lots of triples for a volume PR.

I’m confident bench is moving in the right direction and I feel that I have good volume tolerance so can just increase over time until it’s overreaching. Then maybe a strength phase like Sheiko or just drop the volume up the weight and rinse and repeat keep building muscle.

Road to 140kg Bench lol. Bit far away though so might be in some months

Cable Row 4 Sets
Incline DB Press 4 Sets

2 Likes

Might add road to 140kg to the logs name but it seems a bit presumptuous and like jinxing myself. Maybe goal for 6 months

1 Like

you could make it a road to 3-4-5 (conv) plate log.
Great benching btw.

1 Like

Hmm. I got 4 plate squat already but conventional goals too sound like a good idea

See you in 6 months then

Okey dokey

5/9/18

Bench 20 reps total at 100kg

Backed off a bit on the volume today. Rep PR of 6 paused and some long pauses to finish up for a good bench day. Road to three plates.

Squats 18 Reps Total at 140kg

Squats in flats feeling alright. Trying out the cue of “relaxed grip” because I tend to hold the bar in my hands. Not fully happy with technique yet but feeling better.

Press 3 Sets

An hour of soccer after because house mates were playing. Cardiovascular fitness isn’t as bad as I thought it as. Still I feel like I’ve tweaked everything in my legs save my calves so hopefully that clears up by tomorrow.

3 Likes

Popped by the supermarket to get some Gatorade with electrolytes and sugar and spotted this. 1L is cheaper than 600ml.

2 Likes

How about 3/5/5-6 (conv or sumo)

1 Like

Woolies ftw Coles can eat a bag of dicks but
Aldi>life
It’s because it’s diluted as fuck with a heap more sugar

1 Like

But the ingredients and per 100ml is the same