GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

I’m closing in on the 2 plates It’s been around that for ages. I was working up to repmaxes with 75 - 85 kg range and hit a supposed 1RM of more than 100 kg.
I’m on the Darkhorse program at the moment hitting variations for 1 - 3 and 5 RM’s.
hopefully in less than a month it’s that 2 plate bench.

1 Like

11/7/18 & 12/8/18

More upper body bench stuff past two days.

Wasn’t actually keeping track of what I was doing but mostly lots doubles with 2 plates and accessory work after. Now that I’m getting more confident with two plates I’ve been hitting it a couple days in a row. Will probably back off a bit do some singles for technique and stop bitching out on lower body this week.

3 Likes

13/8/18

Quick one today. In and out. Bit of bench and bit of deadlift.

Bench 10 reps total @ 100kg
Sumo Deadlift worked up to 210kg x 2

Worked up to a double for kicks. Wasn’t quite sure what the weight was at the time but 210kg x2 is technically a PR double but obviously with plenty in the tank.

Like with bench I’ve been hitting top sets with 200kg because that’s where my form and technique is challenged like if I’m not on point I get rounding and other stuff. By today’s evidence might be working up to 210kg now. Might be a bit taxing recovery wise but whatever

4 Likes

wheres squat
btw nice double, beltless to… Yuri Belkin in the make

1 Like

Haven’t been much

Squat has gone to shit. 10 steps backward and fell down the stairs. Dunno how to squat any more. Technique is non existent

Gonna start squatting a bit every session and build back up.

1 Like

16/8/18

Fuck around day today with a bunch of mates. On the menu some bench and deadlift.

Bench 7x2 @ 100kg
Sumo Deadlift 2x3 @ 210kg

4 Likes

Time to get back into squats. In the past I’ve backed off squats and rebuilt it back stronger than before so I’m not too fussed about the current shitness of squatting.

Given my technique is down the shitter from a combination of skipping squats and losing the groove and inconsistency I’ll use this opportunity to rebuild technique also. I’ll watch some videos start some threads and maybe have a play with footwear like squatting in flats, stance width and other stuff.

Stay tuned

5 Likes

I’m waiting in anguish

2 Likes

19/8/18

Had a workout in Melbourne but will post it up when I get my hands on the vids. Today rushed through a session on the way back into Bendigo because the gym closes early on Sundays.

Squat 4x2 @ 150kg

Gotta admit did not look forward to squats but here’s some reps and vids experimenting with different things. Still a lot of variables to play with but today tweaked up descent speed and stance width.

Descent speed wise I used to do well with a speedy dive bomb but I seem to be gravitating towards slow descents these days.

Stance width is something I am finally starting to play with. I’ve always used the excuse that I’ve always squatted narrow so that’s best but pretty recently there’s was a thread where I was recommended to try a wider stance (think it was @chris_ottawa maybe)

Vid below is the slightly wider stance and is best compared with the first vid above I think.

I’m intrigued by the stance width thing so I’ll keep playing with it. I wanna get back to smashing squats but everything is feeling a bit awkward technique wise and heavy. For now at least

Bench 6x2 @ 100kg
Some bench too just working one longer pauses and more control with two biscuits. Getting more comfy with 100kg.

4 Likes

If the weight feels heavy you need a stronger core…

For form work: light weights high reps

Yes, I do remember telling you to try a wider stance. In the end, whatever allows you to lift the most will be the best for you.

20/8/18

Lots of bench today and some squat technique work. Wasn’t exactly feeling like going to ham because I wasn’t wearing my workout clothes

Bench 8x2 @ 100kg
Squat 5x2 @ 140kg

1 Like

21/8/18

Squat 8x2 @ 140kg

More technique stuff and slowly getting back into squats. Can’t say it feels good yet but better than last week. The frequent squats are helping.

Interesting that with a wider stance I can squat too high with a nice bounce out the hole. Gonna move it in a tad to still hit depth.

Still playing with descent speed and knee positioning.

1 Like

Technique looking solid man, you are definitely doing a good job of staying tight af throughout the lift. Once you figure out what stance works you gonna be hitting some nice Prs

1 Like

Yeah one thing at a time I guess. Get sexy technique first then do a lot of work. Easy

2 Likes

22/8/18

Bench 20 reps total @ 100kg
Sumo 3x2 @ 210kg

1 Like

23/8/18

Bench and squats today. Squats going in the right direction. Still not quite clicking yet but improving. Gonna stay clear of high rep squats for a while maybe forever lol.

Bench not too bad either but fried from yesterday. Nice to be repping 2 plates now. Smells like gains.

Squat 20 reps total @ 140kg

Bench 15 reps total @ 100kg

1 Like

I need to up my video game. My log is so dry next to this sexy tights colour fest.

4 Likes

Just buy a pair of tights and get a phone with a decent camera easy

The problem for me is the actual filming. Like where do you put your phone? How do you get it to aim at the right spot without putting on a piece of equipment that someone else might need?