GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

He’s ALIVE, good to see you back

1 Like

First session back with Bench 10x3 @ 90kg.

Threw in a few reps of squats and deadlifts too to feel out the groove. Hasn’t been long away from the gym but everything feels a bit awkward tho strength and muscle is more or less still there.

Diets been atrocious recently with 90% junk and insufficient protein but am looking to get back on track.

3 Likes

Time to get back on the sexy gains train!

1 Like

5 Likes

Welcome bag Hamster, good to have you here.

1 Like

you got any of the new Skwot Binch Didlift stuff?
I caved.

1 Like

Is that related to Brett Gibbs? I don’t know much about it. Link it to me pls and if it’s sexy I might get some for myself because NZ isn’t that far from Aus

Strong GIF/10

1 Like

https://skwotbinchdidlift.com/

1 Like

Meh lol

22/6/18
W4D3

Back on the program and still getting back into the groove with lifts feeling sloppy and will probably be a little sore tomorrow.

In order of most bad feeling it goes bench, squat DL.

Diet is back to eating lots and throwing in a few scoops of whey.

Squat 6x3 @ 140kg
Pause Squat 2x3 @ 120kg

Feeling pretty awkward in almost every aspect but I’ll give it time.

Bench 4x3 @ 90kg
Felt pretty shitty probably lost a smidge of strength on this one but like squats it’ll come back with a little bit of time.

Sumo Deadlift 1x3 @ 200kg, 185kg x5,5,5,9
Pause Deadlift 2x3 @ 140kg

Pre break Deadlift was feeling and looking like rubbish but it went alright today. Sounds strange but I was trying the cue to pull more with my back to like flex and get my back tighter. Seems interesting.

Top set with 200kg followed by lots of reps with 185kg with a cheeky rep PR at the end for 9

1 Like

26/6/18
W5D1
Getting back into the swing of things now with week 5 which is meant to be a high stress week.

Squats 6x4 @ 140kg
PauseSquat 4x3 @ 120kg

Still not finding the groove for squats. Technique peaked the last two weeks and the max out so good timing but hasn’t really clicked since.

Bench 7x4 @ 90kg

Feeling better on bench. Option to have some sets at 95kg but keeping it chill as I’m coming back in from a break.

Sumo Deadlift 2x3 @ 190kg, 3x5 @ 180kg

Little bit of deadlifting today and could still feel the fatigue from the big session a few days ago.

Gym membership at this gym is expiring soon and probably a good thing given all the shit they’ve given me and my mates about making noise with deadlifts (mentioned this a while back), playing our own music when there’s nobody in the gym and other shit. Negative environment for gains and staff with vendettas.

https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/tnation/uploads/default/optimized/3X/b/1/b1990db0e08c1cce241a50aa3e5761edb8f5348a_1_375x500.jpeg

1 Like

Have you tried any other gyms in your area?

Might have a try out of a few this week. Bit inconvenient but nothing is really far away in Bendigo

27/6/18

Trying out another gym. Bendigo Doherty’s is one of the few gyms here and according to a few friends it’s pretty good. You never know until you train there a bit so I rocked up $5 casual pretty cheap.

It’s better environment than FeelGood for sure. People actually lifting. Alrightish music (actually the bass is giving me a headache lol). Equipment is more extensive but not particularly good unfortunately not the full IPF approved equipmentlist lol. 10 minutes longer drive than FeelGood and parking is a bit harder to come by.

There’s another gym with a good deadlift area with like Eleiko bumpers apparently called Snap Fitness

Bench 12x3 @ 90kg

3 Likes

First real gym i trained at was a snap last year, had a prowler, battle ropes, some boxing bags, 3 barbells, 1 power rack, 1 Squat rack and eleiko plates as well i think. Lots of good machines, 3 bench stations with incline, Dumbells up to 50kg, Weight benches blah blah. Was a good gym apart from all the commercial gym douches lol

1 Like

30/6/18
W5D3

Still undecided on a gym so for the mean time will be like casual and flexible and training wherever. Back in Melbourne today so made the trip to Dohertys Gym Brunswick.

If I was in Melbourne more often I’d definitely be looking at signing up here as training environment and equipment wise it rivals private Powerlifting gyms. Like in this pic from a while back with a monolift, racks, platforms, calibrated plates and specialty bars and stuff
https://forums.t-nation.com/uploads/short-url/5CKlPyCsWVhQlbcA5wdpDUG9bFf.jpeg
https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/tnation/uploads/default/optimized/3X/4/1/414274034961935a6d7220ad528e02fa8d1562b9_1_375x500.jpeg
Session ran a bit long because there was quite a few talkative people around today an Irish Powerlifter, a big juicy bodybuilder/powerlifter and a skinny dude pulling big weights. Not in a rush so it was nice to have some company because my usual crew couldn’t make it.

Squat 5x4 @ 140kg
Pause Squat 2x4 @ 120kg

Squats feeling alright today because I was expecting to be pretty beat up from Monday but everything moved alright.

Bench 3x2 @ 100kg, 4x3 @ 90kg

Relaxed bench day still feeling tired after Wednesday’s high bench day. Always nice to have a comp bench but the pad isn’t as sticky as I remember maybe compared to bands I usually use.j

Sumo Deadlift 40 reps total @ somewhere between 170-210kg

Played around on the deadlift bar and bumper plates for kicks and it does feel easier to pull on it like slightly heavier weights for slightly more reps. Feels like block pulls sorta. Also nice to hook grip the smaller diameter bar. Maybe I should go where the juicy physiques and deadlift bars are like away from the IPF lol.

I know a deadlift bar helps to deadlift more but how exactly does it do this? I can kinda see how the flex helps because you get the full weight a bit higher off the floor but what else?

Now to relax and maybe stay up to catch the knockout round games later tonight/early in the morning. Uruguay v Portugal and France v Argentina are gonna be good or at least exciting if not the prettiest football around.

4 Likes

Pretty much sums it up haha. Flex, at least for me, has always helped my pull myself into a more optimal position before I initiate the lift. Helps me get really tight beforehand too.

2/7/18
W6D1

Back at Doherty’s Brunswick to train with a friend. Bit expensive $10 casual but it was a good time.

Squats 4x2 @ 150kg, 3x2 @ 140kg
Pause Squat 3x4 @ 120kg

Meant to be a couple of doubles at 150kg but it started getting grindy and shitty feeling real quick. Dunno if it’s muscular endurance, fibre type or work capacity or something but I’m just bad at higher percentages rep work.

1 RMs are all good but like say i can hit 180-190kg I should be able to hit 150kg for sets of 6 ez but a few sets of two and it just dies out. First set is ok but a few sets of say like 150-170kg (80+ % 1RM) goes badly.

Recent training with Sheiko and such has been low percentage 1RM so has avoided this issue and worked pretty well when it comes time to max out

Bench 10x3 @ 92.5kg

Some work on the comp bench today. Gonna miss Wednesday’s workout which is hi bench so split up the work and spread it out over the rest of the week.

Felt a bit shifty today technique wise and according to my mate my biceps were shaking and shit. Do I just get tighter or something or train biceps more?

Sumo Deadlift 12 reps total @ 185kg

Meant to be 12 reps at 185kg but was playing around on the deadlift bar so upped the weight for fun. It’s too much fun lol when I go back to stiff bar it’s gonna be terrible in comparison

Two things I thought of first that with the deadlift bar it’s like skipping the hardest part of the sumo DL and secondly I can’t gauge reps in the tank or RPE accurately at all.

4 Likes

That gym looks legit

1 Like