GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Fuck it, I’m crossing the border.

1 Like

Look what arrived while I was away on the trip. Hehehe *anticipation intensifies

Knee wrap sensei @chris_ottawa I’m ready to ascend to the next level (maybe early next year actually lol these were just on sale so snapped them up)

That feel when you don’t even squat half of what Eric Lilliebridge does

6 Likes

Some sexy looking wraps there little piggy

1 Like

Here’s some sumo pulls from today too. New cueing seems to be getting my back in a better position but still working out how to implement it best. Belt vs Beltless ongoing

4 Likes

Unlimited power emperor palpatine meme

1 Like

Bit of Korean Style fried chicken with rice and a scoop of whey to finish off the day. Was looking forward to getting back on the diet post trip but there were a lot of snacks lying around lol.

2 Likes

Great work piggie! Keep it up.

Straighter, longer arms, tighter lats and more upright position bring your hips closer to the bar. Or more “above” the bar. Keep at it. When your hips are closer you can focus on glutes, opening the knees and keeping your shins more vertical. This just lets you get closer to the bar and more upright. Vertical shins mean your knees aren’t out in front and the bar doesn’t have to travel around them and “forward,” away from you. Which allows for tighter lats and a straighter back during your pull.

Anyway, I think you made a nice breakthrough! I believe you’re definetly on the right track. I feel you should continue to work on and integrate the “long arms” cue.

3 Likes

How does the material of the Lilliebridge wraps compare to the Iron Z’s? Those and the Phantoms are the two pairs of wraps I want to try at some point.

A level above lol.

Stretches the same distance about but for about the same length stretched the Lilliebridge wraps take significantly more force to stretch. I guess when it comes down to it this means there’ll be more rebound.

So like I can see the Lilliebridge ones really being a workout to get on but for every ounce of effort you put in and extra stretch you get you’ll get more carryover. With the Inzer Iron Zs I think I can already stretch them near max by myself and it’s not that much effort. Like the Lilliebridge wraps don’t put a limit on “You get what you put in”

Dunno if you care about durability and what not but the Lilliebridge are built tougher and thicker

2 Likes

Lunch today nothing special but tasty as always.

Gonna get up to 35 degrees Celsius / 95 Fahrenheit. Gym has no air condition or much circulation for that matter so dunno if I’ll go today but might have to considering I need to squeeze in the training week in a few days.

2 Likes

Is that ice tea or Irn bru

1 Like

Lemon Lime Bitters

1 Like

Interesting,I have some of the old Inzer wraps, have had them for years, only really ever put them on for over 180kg at a comfy stretch, never really tight, but they have held up fine and don’t seem flimsy or too easy to stretch out like yours, maybe they changed suppliers or something along the way.

Hmm maybe. Maybe ur just not as big as me so can’t pull them real tight lol

1 Like

6/12/18

Pretty shitty today combination of consecutive workouts, poor sleep and hot weather. Just one of those sessions you do the best you can and remind yourself one shitty sesh doesn’t matter much in the long run. Called it early and went home. Will just input high fatigue ratings.

I’ve noticed shitty workouts do put me in a bad mood. Bit hard to compartmentalise for myself.

Comp Squat 3x3 @ 145kg
Comp Bench 5x3 @ 100kg

Nothing that some good food can’t fix

Had a steak still in the fridge from before my trip. Isn’t the freshest lol but I’ll just call it wet aged lol

3 Likes

Garrett Blevins Powerlifting AI Coaching Update

Alrighty submitted my current block of training spreadsheet back into the system for the “AI” to analyse it.

Did a end of block questionnaire. It didn’t really ask much surprisingly: Change of goals, style/coach, meet date, training days per week. Was expecting more questions I guess like how ur going and shit but I guess that’s included in the Spreadsheets fatigue ratings

Maybe it’s just cos I had a dog shit workout but can’t say the program is filling me with confidence. Might take a few training blocks to really customise to me.

*shrugs

1 Like

Another hot day today getting up to the high 30s. In Bendigo right now and here it tends to cool down quite some due to how dry it is so less water to regulate temperature. So I’ll wait it out a bit longer and give myself the best chance of the bestest workout

3 Likes

Nvm skipped gym and went to see Creed 2. Funnily enough I was in a good mood in general and for the gym after but it was late and gym closed in 15min

On the way out picked up this ribeye for 5 bucks (80% off). Beautiful piece of meat for ridiculous price. Might not be that fresh but will cook up just fine

3 Likes

Sounds like you have been skipping a lot of workouts, that’s not really good. At my old place I was training in a small room in the basement, no air conditioning, a tiny window, just a fan to keep the air moving around and in the summer there were plenty of days where it was 35c+. I just get the work done and don’t let the heat bother me. It should be easier for you since you live in a warm country, Canada has extreme weather and you can never really get used to anything. Right now it’s still technically fall and it’s -12 this morning plus wind chill.

Protein water + lemon lime and bitters is a flavour I can get behind. Goes down as easy as cordial water and doesn’t taste like shit like the normal flavours (berry/kiwi my butt more like rubbish flavour)

1 Like