GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Also learned/drove a manual car for the first time. Went well enough. All I can see is the advantages auto has over stick though? What’s manual good for?

1 Like

Initial price of the vehicle
Drivability
Plenty of reasons, especially amongst driving “purists”
(I’m a little snobby like that)
But autos are just comfy

Id choose a modern auto over a modern manual, but would choose a classic manual over a modern auto

Oh hello a blast from the past. Last time I had this must of been 15ish years ago when I was still a kid begging my Mum to buy me ice cream on the way out the swimming pool

3 Likes

3/12/18

Back at Advanced Fitness Northside. Another great experience would recommend if in Shepparton. Might drop them a positive review too. A trainer saw me filming, “dropping” the bar on DL and training in flip flops and was cool about it.

Bench feeling fresh today with a low fatigue rating. Deadlift not so much lol. Solid sesh at a solid fitness centre but looking forward to being back in Melbourne’s gyms.

Spoto Press 4x8 @ 82.5kg
Pause Deadlift 3x5 @ 155kg
Conventional Deadlift 3x8 @ 120kg
Chest Supported Rows 5 Sets

3 Likes

Lucky you. The first time I walked into my new gym the trainer told me to stop dropping the weights :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve had mostly good experiences that way but then again I had the option of good gyms to choose I guess a lot of people are unfortunate enough to have like planet fitness as their only choice (maybe lol I thought in the us there was sexy gyms on every corner)

1 Like

Soaking in the spa for recovery and shit lol. Gonna get me one of these for my own home if I get the chance

There are definitely some nice gyms here, but my tuition includes membership fees so i may as well take advantage of it. Luckily it only happened on the first day, and hasn’t happened since.

Also, this

2 Likes

Got some extra holes punched in me belt for when I’m a skinny cunt. Not the cleanest job but cost me nothing

3 Likes

Love a good GG time. My kids love them so we always have a box in the freezer

1 Like

Stuffs surprisingly expensive though

Garlic Bread Crust at Dominos… tbh that dripping garlic butter/oil makes me a little queasy but I’ll try it and review it for all you Aussie brahs

Not bad/10. Smells great. Garlic Bread Crust crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside with just the right amount of garlic butter. Top of the crust has garlic bits which are a bit too tangy for me put me off. Puff pastry still best crust

1 Like

Current workout split is 4 days a week and due to trip with my gf have kept pushing them back enough that’s it’s now Wednesday and I got 4 workouts to go. Will see how much I can mix and mash and squeeze into a workout so I can have a day off.

1 Like

When you fill up a full tank at 1.40/L for he big trip, drive 100s of kms and come home to this

2 Likes

5/12/18

Lot of driving this morning to get back to Melbourne from northern Victoria. Makes me feel stiff everywhere. Doesn’t help that I don’t warm up much lol

Back to Doherty’s Brunswick though with all the sexi equipment and a hot day so even hotter inside.

Sumo Deadlift 7x3 @ 185kg

Belt vs Beltless training continues. Today focus was more on trying new cue to flex triceps/lats to straighten elbows and “lengthen arms”. Seems to straighten out my back a bit and keep it a bit tighter up there. Still a work in progress but promising. Vids to follow

Bench Press 4x3 @ 100kg, 7x4 @ 90kg

Some benching from day 2 as well to save time tomoz. This comp bench has always been a bit awkward to set up on for me due to slipperiness and the bar moves around a lot on the j hook. Tried pushing the bar right to the end of the j hook today to set up with and it feels much tighter that way. Much much better. Great success.

Squat 7x4 @ 125kg
Chest Supported Rows 4 Sets

Bit of play in the monolift. Asked a dude who was wearing some SBD sleeves to man the mono for me and it went alright. Hit a quick single and set my feet bit too close I think.

Good sesh.

YearOfThePig (Almost lol one month to go).

It’d be nice to start off the year first week of Jan with some small PRs.

Thinking SBD: 195-200/125-130/230-240kg

5 Likes

Bro it’s nuts hey
It was pushing like 1.70 up here less then two weeks ago, drove down to Sydney the other day and it was 98c

1 Like

Jeezus. Moving to Sydney then lol. Hopefully they trend down. Maybe at this rate my cost of living estimate will be closer to not homeless.

1 Like

It’s been nudging a 1.70 here too,today the pirates have it down to 1.12 per litre!

2 Likes