GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Alright big guy. I’m heading there now.

1 Like

29/11/18

Playing with kitties for pre workout zen time. Advanced Fitness NorthSide Shepparton on the suggestion of @anon96032531

Decent gym got enough stuff, aircon (haven’t had this in a while lol) and a overall YMCAy kind of community vibe. 15 bucks casual isn’t really that steep compared to other gyms.

Lots of squats today run over from last sesh after top single @ 180kg in wraps. Moved well. Confidence in knee wraps is real.

Dunno why but i hate reps with a passion so much more motivated for singles. If I had like a cluster singles heavy program it’d be awesome. Reps didn’t feel too bad today being 4s lol

Low Bar 5x4 @ 130kg
Pause Squat 5x4 @ 120kg

Comp Bench 9x2 @ 100kg
TnG Bench 4x8 @ 82.5kg

4 Likes

Reverse sear goodness with chips in the oven

2 Likes

Yum :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Slurpy noises

I’m hungry

1 Like

Then Eat

1 Like

Surprisingly I got it in one sitting

Kitties to promote relaxation and recovery

2 Likes

530 cals per kitten, a little chewy
Good choice of protein /10

3 Likes

Bloody hell that steak looks good mate!

2 Likes

I’ll give you the recipe for 50 bucks lol

1 Like

Saturday afternoon looking for a gym that’s open. All them are unstaffed it seems

1/11/18

Only gym open Saturday afternoon for casuals was Aquamoves. Actually an aquatic/recreation centre so not the equipment or environment I was looking for. Shitty actually but probably harsh to say that because I was just in a bad mood. Aircon and fans on blast but doors a open put to the pull so waste of energy lol.

Hot day and I was coming in cranky and unfocused. If I had my laptop on me I woulda input higher fatigue numbers but left it at home. Took a quarter of an hour to refocus then got in the work pretty well considering how I started.

Squat 10x2 @ 145-150kg
Comp Bench 6x5 @ 90kg

First time in sleeves in a while and they don’t add as much as I remember or maybe I’m used to the carryover off wraps doing all the work for you lol.

Top double at 160kg felt pretty shit. I blame the awkward in-between rack heights that had it too high for manlets like myself. I got big calves though so could just calf raise it in lol (actually was scared of straining a calf)

Bench press set up was even worse here. Had one of them swinging safeties but the height was fixed to low as fuck. A dwarf would barely be able to lift off without blowing their shoulder but luckily lift offs.

Not the best workout and left plenty not done for tomorrow but it’s not gonna matter much in the long run

3 Likes

Your commitment regardless is admirable

1 Like

Do you find that the belt helps with your squat? It’s either that you don’t know how to use the belt properly (which just requires practice and proper bracing) or that for whatever reason it doesn’t help your DL. When I put on the belt for squats it feels like the weight moves faster, for deadlift my back feels more solid but not a huge difference.

Belt helps massive for squats. Can get my torso much more solid than without. Makes weight feel light like it’s supported on a solid balloon of air

Sounds like you might never get a lot out of it on DLs. That’s why some guys like Belkin and Konstantinov pull/pulled beltless, it was no use to them. I would still work with it for now, minimal carryover is better than nothing.

I will. Can’t say I’m at all convinced deep down that belt helps even though a lot of peeps have said so but I’ll keep working on it and maybe in time I’ll feel a difference between my belted v beltless pulls. It’ll be easy enough to compare if I have some heavy beltless work still in

1 Like

No gym today because Sunday’s fucked and no gym is staffed. Went for a ride on a quad bike which was good fun. Dunno how manual vehicles work so my first question was what is a gear.

I count changing gears as my leg workout for the day lol

4 Likes