GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Wear a dip belt and stand on two stacks of plates/two boxes, and have something to hold on to

1 Like

They hit your quads like a hack squat. I’ve done both. Homemade with a belt and plates and on a machine. The equipment version is awesome. Huge quad developer.

1 Like

I got blocks at the gym and a discreet corner to take them all to. Probably a dip belt hiding somewhere too

2 Likes

25/11/18

Super rush today in and out. Spoto and pause DLs on the menu.

Spoto Press 7x4 @ 80kg
Pause Deadlifts 3x5 @ 150
Barbell Row 4 Sets

Feeling it from the conventional rep PR last sesh

Top single pause deadlift @ 170kg felt like it moved well more than I’ve paused before (think was 150kg before). On video back position was a little rounded and looser than I would’ve liked. It’s good to use camera views that expose errors instead of ones that look good for Instagram lol. Did all the working sets with belt today doesn’t feel particularly effective.

4 Likes

I tried to slow it down, because I thought it looked quite good.
It looks as if you pull it off the ground by flexing your back, and not using leg drive. than after the pause you use the legs.
I am not that familiar with sumo, but to me it looks as if, you’re not really locked into position when you start the pull.
You’re actually locking into position by pulling the bar off the ground. LOL strong.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t word it that way but I know what you mean. Sounds kind of like conventional to me now that I think about it lol

You could try something like this for belt squats:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKovrUCm35/

2 Likes

If you’re not used to lifting with a belt it will take some time to get used to it and actually get something out of it, using a belt is a skill. Also it doesn’t help nearly as much on deadlift as it does on squat, which is why you have a few guys pulling big weights beltless but none squatting beltless.

1 Like

kk. Will keep on working at it.

Just curious why would belt help deadlift less than squat?

I’m not totally sure, it could be due to the fact that when you hit the bottom of a squat you are catching a rebound from your whole torso, like your body is getting compressed, and the belt increases tension in there. All I know is I’m not the only person who feels that way.

1 Like

Haven’t weighed myself in a few days. All kinds of stuff happened and all kinds of foodstuffs went in my belly so we’ll see what the scales say tomorrow

2 Likes

Also would like to max out my conventional deadlift given rep max calculators are putting me above 200 i.e. PRs. Dunno how I’m gonna fit it in but maybe around early next year when the virtual Powerlifting meet on here goes down

3 Likes

27/11/18

Haven’t done much damage eating whatever these past few days. Weighed in this morning at 85.7kg so around about where I was when I stopped weighing myself. Been pretty shit on these past few days, external stress high and not focused in the gym so not anticipating a good workout.

Gonna be spending a few days with my GFs family soon so I dunno if that’ll be more or less stress lol. They are pretty far away in central north-ish Victoria so quite a bit of driving. Nearest largest town will be Shepparton so will see if I can find a random gym there.

Sumo Deadlift 8x2 @ 190kg

Deadlifts were alright today. Trying to lower my hips a bit more slowly and be more in control positioning wise. Belt work continues (might of done something today or maybe it’s my imagination lol). Using straps too to save me thumbs.

Comp Bench 6x5 @ 90kg

Bench a bit fried today. Solid work out though.

Ran out of time for squats will get them in with the next session probably in Shepparton

2 Likes

More deff more :wink:

2 Likes

Bruh

1 Like

R.I.P piggy

1 Like

In Shepparton today chilling. Nice spa and other shit to relax. Gonna pop into town in a moment check out some gyms and get dinner. Can’t be too bad all I need is a barbell bench rack and weights. Would be nice to pay less than 20 for casuals too

2 Likes

Advanced fitness North side!

1 Like

How do you know the place?

Didn’t end up going to check out gyms but advanced fitness is top of my list being on the closer side to Shep to where I’m at.

1 Like

Passed through before, with that being my choice