GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

I will be personally offended if you don’t hit at least 260kg in the squat after the way you ragdolled my lifetime best 2 weeks ago.

Mog me properly, dick.

2 Likes

Ye I dunno boss. I’ve been doing some research and this same comp last year depth judging was pretty brutal. We’ll see how we go

Ye boiz my low back is still a lil off at the end of deload week. Ima cross my fingers and keep my expectations conservative

1 Like

New block started. Pretty chill first week to ease into it and hopefully build some momentum.

Gonna try document the prep a lil here to help us reflect on it for the next one too.

Squat w Wraps: 225kg @ RPE 7
Squat (Sleeves): 170kg 2x3 @ RPE Sub 6

Bench Press: 130kg x 1 @ RPE 7.5
Bench Press: 110kg 2x4 @ RPE Sub 6

was able to play around on the equipment we’ll likely be using in comp today. The Monolift takes some getting used to so I’ll be training once a week at a gym that has one to practice.

Hitting depth (like actual good depth like near IPF standards) is proving a challenge so far in knee wraps. Without wraps I can sink it well enough. I’m competing in an untested fed (usually have a reputation for less strict standards than tested feds) but I know that are inconsistent: sometimes very lenient sometimes very strict

Will need to work on depth and play around with some things. Unless the judging is blatantly lenient on the day probably won’t be pushing the 260-270 mark.

Lower back is still a little off even though I can train hard/productively so that’ll affect squats a lil too. Deadlifts may also be impacted. I’ve resolved to just do the best I can and aim conservative for the comp. Any more is a welcome bonus tho

3 Likes

Bench single at 130kg was a promising start to the peak. 5kg off my 1RM moved not uncomfortably.

Bench is my worst lift but in these past few weeks for the first time ever I’m enjoying bench training and appreciate the lift itself a little more for how technical and challenging it is.

I’m looking forward to finally hitting bench PRs soon. It’s been too long

Shoulder niggles that have been affecting me all year are still a consideration but should be good to go.

6 Likes

As a fellow bench weakling I share the frustration of being out benched by everyone and their mums, but also the satisfaction of when stuff starts to click. What’s worked for you in the past?

1 Like

In the past… not much lol

This current spurt of progress is from a few things I think: improving technique, arching better and progressing assistance work (did some incline and overhead pressing to work around shoulder niggles).

I think I didn’t treat Bench with the respect it deserved technique wise in the past but being injured has given me time to bring this up. The gift of injury I guess.

2 Likes

PIG COMP PREP - 5 Weeks Out

Here we go. Got the comp block in today and I’m keen. Is on the 20th so 5 weeks out.

Unfortunately the overarching approach is not to YOLO / send it / go crazy because we’d probably peak too early for comp then. Last block we went hard af early on and ended up blowing me load early lol so will take the lesson this block.

Being used to pushing pretty hard on average it doesn’t fill me with joy to think I’ll have to leave a bit more in the tank. It will be tough mentally. I’ve been vibing to Ed Sheeran and pop music during workouts recently so will just continue that chill trend

I look forward to the last 2-3 weeks, at which point I’ll be hungry af raring to go, where I can just unleash and go crazy.

My back is still a lil funky but 5 weeks is a long time for it to chill out

Below is the general structure of the program. 1st week is a hit chiller on RPEs but the rest is consistent week to week.

4 Likes

…he says, while shortly thereafter making 130 kilo look like 50% of his 1RM

1 Like

Big dog, thanks for being my lil guardian self esteem perspective positivity angel

1 Like

2 count slack pull deadlift, I’m stealing that!

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks man! I’ll check it out!

Did some squat singles today up to 230kg. Didn’t feel the best and depth continues to be difficult to get. I feel like I’m dunking it but it’s not quite convincing from the side. It’s not miles away but I dunno if I can sink it deeper while staying tight

My lower back has been cranky. It’s less sharp pain and more dull aching but it’s affecting the lifting as I’m hesitant in the back of my mind during set up. At the moment it’s something I can train thru but if it gets worse I may have to pull out of this prep. I don’t want to but better to live and fight another day.

The only positive from this sesh was people liked my Guinea pig themed jumper lol

3 Likes

Yer right mate, those were just terrible. I, for one, feel embarrassed on your behalf. We are laughing at you and not with you.

4 Likes

That’s real close, you tried squatting in a singlet yet, so you can see the hip crease a little better?

Weight moved real well, in any case.

1 Like

Have not squatted in a soft suit in forever. I can kinda see the hip crease-y lines ok I think tho. I’ll try it next wrapped squat sesh

1 Like

Sad pig noises

Hit 130 bench again for me single. Shoulder was feeling a lil niggly and not particularly stronk so didn’t push it much. Coach said I pussed out / undershot RIP.

Given half a chance we’ll load up 136kg for a new 1RM/PR lol. Inshallah will bench even more at comp. More confident with my shoulder niggles than my lower back niggles atm

2 Likes

Finally someone told you! Semisrs

3 Likes