"Guide to Responsible Steroid Use" Video. Interesting Info, Thoughts?

Look don’t make gear anymore complicated then it already is.

Pick a dose 3,4,5,6,700 run it, eat, workout, gainzzzzz.

Don’t read to much into stuff. The wheel is made roll it don’t try and reinvent it.

There’s nothing wrong with questions that’s how you learn. But I notice some people ask a question might not get an answer they want so they will go find the one study or one video or one whatever that’s goes against the other 100 sources stating the opposite and say “well what about this guy he said he got gains doing it this way”

To answer the 500mg a week question I don’t know why it’s always being repeated. Maybe because it’s a fairly safe dose that allows gains and minimal sides. Personally I say do whatever you want after you do your research. If your well learned in AAS use and you think that 1 gram a week is a good starting point for you then do it.

The concentration has nothing to do with a dose. A 250 mg/ml has 10 mls in it for a total of 2500 mgs of test in one vial. There are 5 shots of 500, or 10 shots of 250 mg, etc

You’re missing the concept. The idea is that since most test comes in 250 per ml, two shots is 500 - is that why 500 is the standard cycle.

If test came in 300 per ml, would the standard cycle be 600? If it came in 150, would it be 300?

It was just a guess at how 500 became the standard cycle, nothing else.

1 Like

I get it, just don’t want to argue.

My opinion is that every body used to think 1000/week was crazy high but 500 was more conservative so it became the std.

Now we got kids running a buttload of gear after a year in the gym cause they are ready for some “gainz”

1 Like

I still think you missed the point, no argument at all. The concept is that the norm became 500 because two shots of 1 ml per week and test comes in 250mg/ml.

If it came in 500mg/ml, then 1000 would have become the norm.

It was just a theoretical, certainly not worth an argument.

1 Like

I have seen a video with this guy posted twice. I haven’t watched either, because I am judging a book by it’s cover. I can see the douchebag who will be talking, so I’m pretty sure he has nothing useful to say. Who is this guy and is he as useless as he looks?

1 Like

I was interested in the anavar only approach (no plans to do my first cycle anytime in the near future).

Looked at a lot of old threads on here with some success stories but also a lot of hate with comments like “if you aren’t using a needle, you’re a pussy!” So it was kinda hard to get both sides of the argument for or against

He’s a snake oil salesman. Sells supplements of dubious efficacy and for years was a SARM pusher. Convinced an entire message board full of guys that they weren’t suppressive, so he sold them to guys for cycles and for pct. He’s exactly what’s wrong with the whole steroid world.

2 Likes

@hardartery

woah, wait, hold up. who are you guys referring to? the actual interviewer or Dr Mike Isratel that is being interviewed?

Dildo gymelli

ah, ok. good.

Being a pussy because you don’t want to risk adverse side effects? And like the Dr says, you don’t even know how you will respond to PEDS. Why not be safe and dip the toe in first? I see so many young guys at the gym with Gyno. So ridiculous.

Plus, if you aren’t toooooo serious about this and just want to look good periodically (and let’s be real this is most people) , then it makes a bit of sense to run something that won’t shut you down while giving a quick bump. This is how I’m starting to look at it.

1 Like

This means no AAS or SARMs.

If you want a risk free bump and aren’t serious no gear is right for you. Stick to creatine and otc fat burners with a daily post work out shake.

So you don’t think he’s accurate in taking Anavar for a month? There’s still risk but not as much though according to that interview

You have some people who say unless your competing etc you should never touch aas. I’m not one of those guys. If anything I’m very open with steroid use and using different compounds etc.

But no I don’t think steroids should be used for a extra bump for the summer time or for periodic gym gowers. I think that’s ridiculous. And I think the science and common sense on why oral only cycles is not only more risky then a test only cycle but also pointless in the long run outweighs any positive you might get out of it.

Orals will suppress natural testosterone. You are risking the same as if you are running test but the benefits are way less. And the risk of sides are much higher.

Anavar in itself is pretty risk free. But running it for a month solo is going to yield hardly anything. You still have to pct and you are still messing with you natural system

I think that’s fair to say about not seeing many size gains on a 4 week var only cycle.

He also noted it’s good for strength gains, do you think that same risk of wasted time applies to strength benefits or just mass?

No ,the goofy looking guy with the tats and hat.

I wouldn’t refer to it as “wasted” time. I would consider is potentially devastating time. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee but there is a lot of negative side affects that come from suppressing your endogenous testosterone and not supplying your body with exogenous. Testosterone is what makes us men. It’s part of what gets are dick hard and gives us the desire to stick it in things (woman hopefully).

As far as the rest of the question let’s say you gain some slight strength in 1 month. You then have to pct. Let’s say the pct was successful your natural test levels came back and when it’s all said and done your a bit stronger.

Why? Why put your body thru that to gain a little strength? Why risk all the negatives to add 25lbs to your bench? Or to cut a little fat quicker than normal? Both things that can easily be achieved without gear in general and with proper training and diet.

Maybe im biased. I don’t lift so I can one day pick a F150 up off a trapped dog. My goals involve nothing with a future strong man competition. Personally I lift and use gear to look my best and gain size. I don’t want to stress my tendons and shit out by constantly trying to hit PRs every week. I’m not saying you won’t get stronger with AAS use because you def will but why add to the risk or make this anymore difficult then it already is for the sole purpose of getting a tad stronger?

1 Like

I’ve decided I wouldn’t seriously consider steroids unless I qualify for a national strongman competition. I’ve taken last place in my first two competitions and know there’s a lot of natural room for improvement.

I’m just trying to get an idea of what could best suit my goals if I make that decision and for me it would be strength related rather than size related.

There is a concern of the unknown in terms of pct, have seen a lot of those threads here. But, for me, I would be mid-late 30s before my first cycle and figure my competitive days would be limited.

I do need to read a lot more on the subject but it seems like 300-500mg test a week for 12 weeks is the standard first cycle. Just wanted to explore other options based on goals

1 Like

I qualified for Amateur Nats 10 years in a row clean. At the time, the gassed guys were using 1 gram a week of depot as a baseline and running cycles on top of that. 300-500 mg is not going to get you far, training correctly will. If you want to do Strongman, train Strongman. Don’t train Powerlifting or O-lifting and compete Strongman and wonder what the problem is. Stay away from 1 RM for starters.

1 Like