Guidance Requested: Leader 5's Pro/BBB, Anchor 531 PR/5x5 FSL

Hello all,

Got through several waves of the basic BBB scheme, so trying to update with 531-Forever (copy’s right in front of me). Decided it’s time to add some assistance and probably deload a bit, since I was taking 5+,3+ and 1+ literally, rather than “5+ means get 8 reps or more, 1+ means get 5…”. And trying to add in the leader/anchor ideas. With that, and some advice on reddit, here’s what I got, but figured I’d bring it here for a review:

Leader (will do twice - BBB 50 or 60% of 95%RM)
Workout 1: Press(5’s PRO), Bench (5x10BBB), Assistance - chinups/pullups, incline press, reverse hyper
Workout 2: Deadlift(5’s PRO), Squat (5x10BBB), Assistance - knee raises, face pulls, tri pushdowns
Workout 3: Bench(5’s PRO), Press(5x10BBB), Assistance - chinups/pullups, incline press, reverse hyper
Workout 4: Deadlift(5’s PRO), Squat (5x10BBB), Assistance - leg curls, face pulls, tri pushdowns

Anchor (once, PR 3-5-1 sequence (PRs on last sets of 3s and 1, 5x5 FSL)
Workout 1: Press (3-5-1, 5x5 FSL), Assistance - chinups/pullups, tri pushdowns, lunges
Workout 2: Deadlift (3-5-1, 5x5 FSL), Assistance - knee raises, face pulls, dips
Workout 3: Bench (3-5-1, 5x5 FSL), Assistance - chinups/pullups, tri pushdowns, lunges
Workout 4: Squat (3-5-1, 5x5 FSL), Assistance - knee raises, face pulls, dips

Good for assistance? I like mixing up the main work sets in BBB, but thought I’d try the same movement for work sets on the PR/FSL anchor wave. Open to changing assistance if better, but wouldn’t mind throwing incline press in some, and I liked dips as well (was running General Gainz for a bit before BBB, and enjoyed throwing those both into my routine). Any glaring mistakes or improvements to make? I’m doing 3x a week.

Thanks,

Mike

Yeah should be fine