T Nation

Guess Who This Is


Well, can you guess who this is?

Carrot Top ?

Now where did you find that old pic of me and my cousins??

I thought I saw that picture on the board already today. Isn’t that Vin Diesel!??!

I know who it ISN’T.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
Well, can you guess who this is?[/quote]

http://blog.garystrydom.com/

I think the necklace chain is a giveaway.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Well, can you guess who this is?

http://blog.garystrydom.com/

I think the necklace chain is a giveaway.[/quote]

Old man’s still around and looking like that? Wow.

you guys gonna flame me for not having a clue who that is? even after you said the name.

[quote]Yossarian wrote:
I thought I saw that picture on the board already today. Isn’t that Vin Diesel!??! [/quote]

Wait, what?!

Unless Vin Diesel gained about 50lbs of muscle since his last movie, there is no way that could be him.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Well, can you guess who this is?

http://blog.garystrydom.com/

I think the necklace chain is a giveaway.

Old man’s still around and looking like that? Wow.
[/quote]

Yeah well spotted on the neck chain :o) but wow I’m so impressed with his physique especially since he’s pushing 50, genetic freak.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Well, can you guess who this is?

http://blog.garystrydom.com/

I think the necklace chain is a giveaway.

Old man’s still around and looking like that? Wow.

Yeah well spotted on the neck chain :o) but wow I’m so impressed with his physique especially since he’s pushing 50, genetic freak.[/quote]

That 40-50 year old glass ceiling in bodybuilding got broken a long time ago.

I trained with these guys yesterday (working in a few sets on the same machine as them) and one of them, who could pass for 31, said he was 51 years old (220lbs at 5’10" lean).

People don’t have age as much of an excuse anymore unless they are much older than that.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
I thought I saw that picture on the board already today. Isn’t that Vin Diesel!??!

Wait, what?!

Unless Vin Diesel gained about 50lbs of muscle since his last movie, there is no way that could be him.[/quote]

The worst thing about forums is how hard it is to get sarcasm across. I was trying to mock the ‘Vin Diesel is HUOOOOOOGE’ crowd. I’ll do better next time.

Strydom never did get enough credit. Round, full muscle bellies, great shape, but still densely packed enough to stand out on a pro stage. His chest thickness is unreal.

You see that look but rarely nowadays on the pro stage.

Whoever it is has a fucked up face.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Well, can you guess who this is?

http://blog.garystrydom.com/

I think the necklace chain is a giveaway.

Old man’s still around and looking like that? Wow.

Yeah well spotted on the neck chain :o) but wow I’m so impressed with his physique especially since he’s pushing 50, genetic freak.

That 40-50 year old glass ceiling in bodybuilding got broken a long time ago.

I trained with these guys yesterday (working in a few sets on the same machine as them) and one of them, who could pass for 31, said he was 51 years old (220lbs at 5’10" lean).

People don’t have age as much of an excuse anymore unless they are much older than that.[/quote]

You know I have alot of respect for the older generation who are still doing it, generally when you see someone at 50 still in shape it’s because they have adopted the lifestyle and have been training for over 30 years, those guys you met in the guy didn’t sound like late bloomers. For those just starting from an average skinny fat physique at 40 or 50 sure they will make progress and get in shape but they will probably never look impressive - there are always exceptions.

Then you have the other end of the spectrum the 16 and 20 year olds who have trained for six months and know it all. I am surprised when a picture of an old school or not even old school bodybuilder like this is posted on a site like this few people would even recognise the guy if his face was not blanked out, these are the same kids with hundredes of post to their name who routinely give out training ‘advice’ on forums to anyoneone who will take it.

great shape and size, you got to admire and respect these guys, age is old a number, you think old you become old, self fulfilling prophecy

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Strydom never did get enough credit. Round, full muscle bellies, great shape, but still densely packed enough to stand out on a pro stage. His chest thickness is unreal.

You see that look but rarely nowadays on the pro stage.[/quote]

Sorry man, but I disagree here. He looks much better now than he did before, actually, but when he was competing (example: against Haney)…

He had no backwidth whatsoever, terrible narrow upper body structure which messed up his physique completely until he gained a lot of size later on.

Not that he’s a bad bodybuilder… Damn long-lived one, too.
Still, he never stood a chance (width-wise) against any of the top guys throughout the years.

I’ll agree with the above statement, I actually think he looks much better now than when he stood on stage in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Guy always had amazing genetics, but also more impressive from the front than his back poses (and I think he’s one of the taller BBers?).

He was actually the first Pro I saw when I moved to L.A. and went to eat at the Firehouse Restaurant. He was completely covered up except for his calves, which looked like mellons! -lol… THat image alone made me want to do nothing but calf raises for a week.

S

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LUEshi wrote:
Strydom never did get enough credit. Round, full muscle bellies, great shape, but still densely packed enough to stand out on a pro stage. His chest thickness is unreal.

You see that look but rarely nowadays on the pro stage.

Sorry man, but I disagree here. He looks much better now than he did before, actually, but when he was competing (example: against Haney)…

He had no backwidth whatsoever, terrible narrow upper body structure which messed up his physique completely until he gained a lot of size later on.

Not that he’s a bad bodybuilder… Damn long-lived one, too.
Still, he never stood a chance (width-wise) against any of the top guys throughout the years.
[/quote]

I’m probably mis-remembering things, then. I was quite young back then and about alls I remember is a brick-thick chest. Made quite an impression on me.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LUEshi wrote:
Strydom never did get enough credit. Round, full muscle bellies, great shape, but still densely packed enough to stand out on a pro stage. His chest thickness is unreal.

You see that look but rarely nowadays on the pro stage.

Sorry man, but I disagree here. He looks much better now than he did before, actually, but when he was competing (example: against Haney)…

He had no backwidth whatsoever, terrible narrow upper body structure which messed up his physique completely until he gained a lot of size later on.

Not that he’s a bad bodybuilder… Damn long-lived one, too.
Still, he never stood a chance (width-wise) against any of the top guys throughout the years.

I’m probably mis-remembering things, then. I was quite young back then and about alls I remember is a brick-thick chest. Made quite an impression on me.
[/quote]

I remember seeing pics of him doing a rear lat spread next to haney or something like that and he looked awfully narrow… Also some pics of him walking around in a shirt and it looked flat out weird, since he was obviously big but also narrow lol.

About a decade later (2 or 3 years ago) I saw a supplement ad with him in it… I didn’t even recognize him. Then I read the name and thought “BS, that can’t be him”. He looked almost like Rühl does in some of those fat-loss pill ads (on first glance). Definitely improved by leaps and bounds during the last decade.