Guacamole When Dieting?

Hey, I just read that Chipotle’s guacamole is 170 calories per 4 ounce serving and it’s about tasty as it gets when it comes to sides. Am I missing something or would 8 oz of grilled chicken (~250 cals), lettuce and a serving of guacamole be an acceptable meal even when dieting? I am taking in about 2,000 cals per day and this meal would be part of that (I like to eat a very light dinner).

I wouldn’t have anything against that, but people tend to eat it with tortillas, which fucks up everything.

Right, nutritionally the chips are pure crap…taste good though.

…real guac would probably be even better… like, just avocado and some spices… I’ve seen some pretty iffy ingredient lists for “guacamole”.

[quote]Spartiates wrote:
…real guac would probably be even better… like, just avocado and some spices… I’ve seen some pretty iffy ingredient lists for “guacamole”.[/quote]

They claim that their guac is just organic avocado, cilantro, tomato, onion, and spices. They have a rep for being very transparent about their ingredients but who knows.

It will be fine.

avocado (and guac) have a lot of fat, so it might make calorie restriction harder.

And if you’re going with a default chipotle burrito, you’ll get beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, and a tortilla, all of which will fuck your shit up proper.

But as long as you can fit it in your macros, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with avocados. If things were tight, though, I’d skip the guac and eat more chicken.

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
avocado (and guac) have a lot of fat, so it might make calorie restriction harder.

And if you’re going with a default chipotle burrito, you’ll get beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, and a tortilla, all of which will fuck your shit up proper.

But as long as you can fit it in your macros, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with avocados. If things were tight, though, I’d skip the guac and eat more chicken.[/quote]

qwhats wrong with the chipotle meal?

[quote]kickureface wrote:
EasyRhino wrote:

But as long as you can fit it in your macros, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with avocados. If things were tight, though, I’d skip the guac and eat more chicken.

qwhats wrong with the chipotle meal?[/quote]

A “standard” Chipotle burrito can be upwards of 1100kcal, so when you’re cutting, it’s not the best idea.

When I’m cutting, my Chipotle meal is: burrito bowl, no rice, no beans, extra chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, guac.

Works pretty well.

That is similar to how I always eat at Chipotle. Bowl instead of a wrap- no rice, no beans, extra grilled peppers and onions (ask they will give you a bunch), double meat, extra cheese, salsa, lettuce, guac and sour cream.

Personally, I try to get more fat (hence the cheese, guac and sour cream). Fat is important for hormone production. Then again, take it for what it’s worth, I’m not trying to get crazy-lean. To each, their own, right?

[quote]animus wrote:
kickureface wrote:
EasyRhino wrote:

qwhats wrong with the chipotle meal?

A “standard” Chipotle burrito can be upwards of 1100kcal, so when you’re cutting, it’s not the best idea.

When I’m cutting, my Chipotle meal is: burrito bowl, no rice, no beans, extra chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, guac.

Works pretty well. [/quote]