GSP vs Diaz

Nobody cares?

I see takedowns, ground control and endless trash talking followed by UD and whining. So yeah, epic main event to conclude an epic build-up with everybody coming out of it with tons of credit…

Condit - Hendricks could be a barn burner. As long as Condit avoids getting tagged with that monster right too early, this reeks FotN. Carlos’ ground game should be enough to nullify any ill effects of a Hendricks takedown, and hopefully he’ll be able to keep it standing and brutal.

Hope Ellenberger beats up Marquardt, because I think Nate is a ridiculously boring guy. Both guys have lots of power regardless, and it should be an entertaining fight.

Hoping condit fucking mauls Hendrick but thats about it, the rest of the card i really dont care about. Even the GSP vs Diaz fight has been so long in the making that I’m really not interested, I never gave diaz a chance from the start, he will just get wrestlefucked by GSP.

It will be interesting however if GSP just decides to outbox him to make a point. TKO even better but now im just grasping as fantasy…

Agree totally Dave. I want Hendrix removed from the whole picture and back to facebook fights where he belongs. I don’t rate his striking. I don’t rate his fighting. He just has balls to take a chance that others don’t and it works. Condit should wipe him out… I hope.

I love Gsp… love his clean cut attitude but I think he’s arrogantly looking down on Nick. Something in me wants Nick to win. Even if it is just once and he loses it back to GSP in a following fight.

I am fucking psyched for the main card.

I want Diaz to be pummelled by GSP and to bleed dry. Diaz has no chance. I can’t stand that motherfucker, with his poor footwork and, thinking that swinging at people like a boxing noob makes him a great fighter.

GSP’s gonna assassinate him. He will finish the job Condit couldn’t.

Meh. Would love to see GSP end Diaz just to shut his mouth, but I think he’s too disciplined to screw around like that. Unless GSP is planning onrretirement, in which case I could see him wanting to go out on one last statement fight retiring Diaz with him.

GSP via wrestling, ground and pound, and cuts.

Also picking GSP in the main event, but I really don’t care much about this fight. I don’t think Diaz deserved the shot and Diaz has never been finished and therefore I really don’t see GSP being the one to do it (which will no doubt bring out the GSP haters who ridicule him for not finishing his fights).

I’m pretty excited to see Condit vs Hendricks though. Hopefully that will be FOTN material.

gsp will probably win by lay and pray. people will praise his wrestling ability john fitch will throw his box of chinese takout at the tv when the crowd roars, and people will continue to shit all over any other wrestler who wins in the same manner saying “they just lay on him they dont even do damage” (sonnen?). post matt serra gsp needs to go. i was hoping condit would take him out. and i also hope for an upset win by diaz i feel it would be fitting for a person with diaz’ demeanor to end his reign of decision fighting tyranny. maybe i just have a soft spot for fighters and dont like those who exploit the rules of the game. either way if gsp still fought like he did before serra fucked on him hed probably be a lot more fun to watch.

condit and hendricks should be amazing, fights like these actually give me hope that i wont feel like a rape victim after every pay per view that i buy. both guys are great and i like either of them against gsp condit has the tools and if hendircks did manage to connect with gsp it would be over.

humble i have to disagree with you on the jonny hendricks face book comment. he is an exciting dynamic fighter which are in reeeeaaaaall fucking short supply in the ufc today. hes proven himself against opponents and put down that sport killer john fitch (who may very well be the reason i cant convince a single person i know outside my gym to watch the fights. there is no way that some one on a win streak like him beating the kind of talent he has while putting on a show deserves to be on the under card making chickenshit money. yes he has the balls to take chances other dont and yes its come up big for him. whats sad is other fighters arnt taking chances they play it safe listen to greg jackson and put on 15-25 minute fights then do pushups and backflips after to shopw how not tired they are.

it is a spectator sport.and what that means as sad as it sounds is if you dont have guys willing to go out and throw and take chances and push the pace, ufc`s core audience will continue to drop off to people like many of us who will watych it no matter what. if every one wants to be a frankie edger or a john fitch, or an okami get ready for ufc to go the way of olympic wrestling.

im gonna go watch old chuck liddell fights maybe a few sakurabas, and just a bunch of fights from pre 2006 and cry about what ufc has become

[quote]La Flamme wrote:

it is a spectator sport.and what that means as sad as it sounds is if you dont have guys willing to go out and throw and take chances and push the pace, ufc`s core audience will continue to drop off to people like many of us who will watych it no matter what. if every one wants to be a frankie edger or a john fitch, or an okami get ready for ufc to go the way of olympic wrestling.

im gonna go watch old chuck liddell fights maybe a few sakurabas, and just a bunch of fights from pre 2006 and cry about what ufc has become[/quote]

You know, you say that but Nascar, NFL and Baseball continue to dominate ratings or fill stadiums despite the mind numbly monotonous and sometimes counter sportsmanlike forms they take. I think UFC will be just fine. Hopefully the UFC shakes the rules up a bit at some point.

Anyway, my guess: GSP whittles Diaz down progressively throughout and wins by UD. But I’m sure we’d all like to see Diaz get zinged.

So no huge surprises there. Except Ellenberger’s right hand if your name happens to be Marquardt.

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:
So no huge surprises there. Except Ellenberger’s right hand if your name happens to be Marquardt.[/quote]

Totally. Nate is a good fighter, but he’s fighting a comeback for a place in the UFC that he lost after failing his dope test. Guys like Ellenburger deserve their moment now.

And my fight of the night was surely Condit/Hendricks. Those guys went to war. Very impressed.

My surprise of the night was Diaz acting all placid after the fight. But what more could he chest thump over? He got handled. As I write this, I’m not watching the post fight… so maybe I’m wrong.

Yeah great fight… except my power went out right before the co main event.

GSP, dominating almost at will…diaz “i think i may have been flat from taking a year off”. Fuck diaz. I hate bigmouthed shit talkers. And he never had a chance anyway with an athlete that imposing. I would have liked to see much more damage done to his face but Georges dominated the whole fight and diaz knew it. i loved watching him eat jabs and get slammed repeatedly…i just wish that GSP had decided to make a point by outboxing him and beating him to a pulp. However he’s too smart and he gameplans too levelheadedly to fall to that…even tho i want him to.

What was with Diaz going after GSP at the bell each round and actually taking a swing at him?

Is that just cos Diaz is a dickhead? I’m only a casual UFC watcher…

[quote]Kirks wrote:
What was with Diaz going after GSP at the bell each round and actually taking a swing at him?

Is that just cos Diaz is a dickhead? I’m only a casual UFC watcher…[/quote]

Yes, without a doubt…

The five hardest words in the English language:…Face the Facts…Then Act…

Nick needs to learn that simple code and try to learn how to fight under the current MMA rules…

Ref needed to get involved in those late swings. It should havr been far worse than 50-45 with all the penalty points. That’s just dirty, and if I did it that many tines in one of my fights the athletic commission would probably suspend me.

The Condit vs Hendricks fight was awesome, I had Condit winning…Hendricks didn’t do anything with his takedowns other than he get hit while on top…I thought the standup was fairly even, Hendricks probably connected with the hardest strikes but Carlos landed some good ones too.

When is MMA going to get a James Toney type character, I’m sick of Diaz’s whiny ass. “bad boy” yeah fucking right.

We need a guy who comes to fight and will fight anyone and can talk shit but when he talks shit its always hilarious.

Extra points if he reps burger king in post fight interviews.

[quote]knee-gro wrote:
The Condit vs Hendricks fight was awesome, I had Condit winning…Hendricks didn’t do anything with his takedowns other than he get hit while on top…I thought the standup was fairly even, Hendricks probably connected with the hardest strikes but Carlos landed some good ones too.[/quote]

Agreed, awesome fight. I originally had Condit winning as well, but understand why two judges gave it to Hendricks, and honestly I’m glad they did from a title contention standpoint.

[quote]knee-gro wrote:
The Condit vs Hendricks fight was awesome, I had Condit winning…Hendricks didn’t do anything with his takedowns other than he get hit while on top…I thought the standup was fairly even, Hendricks probably connected with the hardest strikes but Carlos landed some good ones too.[/quote]

I almost agree with you, because Condit almost landed those beautiful knees of his, swoon. But, I thought in the replays that Hendricks showed the aggression and command that typically gets you the points to win a round.

Two things are academic now: Hendricks would have hit Condit far more had he not bust his hand and Condit’s flying knees may have changed the game completely if they landed.