T Nation

Growth Surge tips

I’ll be starting the GSP today … any last minute tips?

Don’t skip the first stage! It’s more important than most people realize. In fact, whether a person is on this program or not I think it’s important to know that you can’t go all out every workout and expect fast gains. The growth surges have to be planned and Berardi and Shugart’s program does that intelligently. Also, get ready for some serious chewing is stage II. This takes as much discipline as the workouts! Good luck!

might want to add some trap work on stages 1 and 3. for stage 1 i just added shrug to the sl deadlifts. stage 3 i’m just gonna throw in a few sets of barbell shrugs on the friday workout. like dave said, be prepared to eat a lot in stage 2. premake all your meals so you can just grab them and eat them. make your meals simple. also, if you have a wife or girlfriend, lower back meassages are manditory in stage 2. get consistent sleep each night. another thing, make sure you plan eveything out beforehand. do your calorie calculations and know what you are going to eat each day.

try not to die… tho really that’s a tip for any kinda occasion or life pursuit