T Nation

Growth Surge Project?

Hi

Im new to this board, been lifting seriously for a year now. Just finished cutting, lost 30lbs or so in a 3 month period and now I can see 4 abs!

Getting sick of cutting, no point in looking like a sting bean so I think its time to start building up again.

My personal trainer has left the gym, and I am sick of lifting and not getting the gains I deserve as I am 100% motivated on this.

So I am thinking of starting the surge project, only when I searched for other users results., there really sint much to find (or atleast I couldnt find much) I see it worked for some, others were happy with a 30lb weight gain (though I would think most of that would be fat in 6 weeks??)

What are your suggestions - is this a good option or can you point me to a better eating and training program?

Really looking for some professional advise here, as if I dont get some good results in the next 12 months my motiviation will surely stop.

6ft 2in 184lbs - at a guess around 15% BF as I can see some abs when I flex :smiley:

THANKS

I have used the growth surge about 4 months ago coming off a show and it is a great program. I put on some healthy weight from it. I don’t know about puting 30 pounds on in 6 weeks naturally or even not naturally for that matter but I can tell you in the 6 weeks I gained about 12 pounds of LBM and dropped 3%BF. I took measurement at the beginning during and at the end. The twice a days are brutal but I like brutal and you really have to stay consistent with preparing your foods and eating MUCH during the two a days. Try it, it’s not going to hurt.

thanks for the honest reply mike, I appreciate it!

Think I will give it a go, also interested to see what others have to say.

EDIT===>

ALSO I see that MAG-10 and androsol are no longer available. Is there an alternative, and do these suppliments really do what they say?

[quote]pustanio wrote:
thanks for the honest reply mike, I appreciate it!

Think I will give it a go, also interested to see what others have to say.

EDIT===>

ALSO I see that MAG-10 and androsol are no longer available. Is there an alternative, and do these suppliments really do what they say?[/quote]

I don’t know if there are any ‘good’ alternative to MAG-10, but there are some other experience trainer can help you with that.

As for do these supplement really do what they say? YES, THEY DO!!! I had doubt before I used it…big doubt. But after I used I regret I didn’t use it sooner. I worked out for about 4 yrs, but just got committed to it for about 5 months and I gained 15 lbs. 6 lbs LBM was from growth surge and it was a very good program, I loved it. I could of gain more, but I didn’t have the money to buy all the recommended supplement and it’s up to you to how to follow the program.

So, if you are serious doing the growth surge, I recommend you get a bottle of MAG-10. There might be some left at some supplement shop. Or, if money is not a problem for you, look on ebay for the MAG-10 Legacy. I never used it(broke college student), but I KNOW it’s worth it.

Good luck!
G

Thanks for the reply gpham.

Would try MAG-10, but I am in Australia and I dont know if you can import stuff like this or customs might just keep it :smiley:

I will definately give it a go, maybe will have to try it without the MAG-10, though I believe from reading this forum that MAG-10 is one of the major contributors to the gains accomplished by the growth surge project.

I live in aus mate and I tried it. All I can say is that I had some ‘issues’ with regards to recovery.

I gained lean mass but I also gained alot of fat and my training quality towards the end of the middle phase and afterwards went WAY down.

I wouldn’t advise it without the MAG- 10.

Give TBT a try. I found it to be a lot better than Growth Surge Project. In 2 ways, First the results in LBM gain were better, and 2nd the time to do TBT in the gym was much less, so more bang for your buck i guess. DOnt get me wrong The surge worked, but for me TBT was much better.

thanks for the tips, and excuse my ignorance … but what is the TBT program?

Cappx, without sayin’ I disagree; I don’t completely agree…

Sure without the MAG-10 it?s difficult but Growth Surge and TBT are very different animals.

I have done both and found both to work. I have done the GSP with MAG-10 as well as without. Even though I didn’t follow phase 1 and 3 to the letter the growth phase with MAG-10 was great, lots of lean body mass with almost no bf increase in a very, very short time - which for my somatotype is great.

As a caveat to all that though, based on the fact that most ‘fun’ sups aren’t available here I think your advice is sound.

In section “authors” click on Chad Waterbury and look for “Total Body Training”. It’s a very effective program for hypertrophy.
Luca