Growth Factor Method as Depletion Workout?

Hi CT,

I was wondering what your opinion is on performing (less intensity) Growth Factor workouts as a form of a depletion workout? I’ve been doing your Growth Factor workout as prescribed and I love it, mainly because I love the high volume.

This week I am going to be doing some depletion workouts for a bodybuilding contest this weekend, and I was thinking that if I could incorporate GF workouts but with less weight as a depletion? I would pick one for each bodypart and hit it for X number of sets?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this, or whether you think traditional depletion workouts would be better (doing some sort of circuit still workout).

Thank you in advance!
Parrao

[quote]parrao79 wrote:
Hi CT,

I was wondering what your opinion is on performing (less intensity) Growth Factor workouts as a form of a depletion workout? I’ve been doing your Growth Factor workout as prescribed and I love it, mainly because I love the high volume.

This week I am going to be doing some depletion workouts for a bodybuilding contest this weekend, and I was thinking that if I could incorporate GF workouts but with less weight as a depletion? I would pick one for each bodypart and hit it for X number of sets?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this, or whether you think traditional depletion workouts would be better (doing some sort of circuit still workout).

Thank you in advance!
Parrao[/quote]

It’s actually a good method for that purpose because it doesn’t cause much if any muscle damage… muscle damage diminishes muscle insulin sensitivity which makes it harder to surcompensate glycogen stores afterwards… so with GF-type workouts you will be able to load up the glycogen nicely after the deplete.

Awesome! Thanks so much for your quick response CT! I really appreciate it. I’m heading over to the gym now for some GF depletion workouts!!

How did you structure your depletion workout? I did something similar today. I just picked a one growth factor complex for each body part and did 3 sets. Thanks!