T Nation

Growth Factor Complete Training


#1

Is there already or is there going to be a complete program with the growth factor training body parts all put together? Is this even a good idea?

I read in another post that there was a program your athlete Nick did, but I haven't found it.


Switching up to Heal
#2






Growth Factor Training (For Anyone)
#3

Also this is how CT recommended for using 3 GF workouts.

DAY 1 - Chest GF + Triceps
DAY 2 - Legs posterior chain dominant
DAY 3 - OFF
DAY 4 - Shoulders GF
DAY 5 - Legs quads dominant
DAY 6 - Back GF + Biceps
DAY 7 - OFF

I guess there’s more about it on the back workout or April 28th pics thread.


#4

[quote]heltonvalentini wrote:
Also this is how CT recommended for using 3 GF workouts.

DAY 1 - Chest GF + Triceps
DAY 2 - Legs posterior chain dominant
DAY 3 - OFF
DAY 4 - Shoulders GF
DAY 5 - Legs quads dominant
DAY 6 - Back GF + Biceps
DAY 7 - OFF

I guess there’s more about it on the back workout or April 28th pics thread.[/quote]

This is what I was looking for! Thanks!


#5

When training tri/bi’s with GF chest and GF back, what exercises and volume would be best for tris and bi’s? Would it be mechanical drops sets as well?

Thanks CT


#6

[quote]B_Easy wrote:
When training tri/bi’s with GF chest and GF back, what exercises and volume would be best for tris and bi’s? Would it be mechanical drops sets as well?

Thanks CT[/quote]

Honestly if I try to answer that question I will likely fall asleep. There is nothing that I find more boring than training arms… except answering a question about arms.

Growth factor training is really simply: keep the target muscle under constant tension for about 1 minute non-stop. You can use any method to get to that amount of time: supersets, giant sets, mechanical drop sets, slow tempo, adding partial reps at the end of the set, etc. There is no secret exercise or method it really is as simple as keeping the muscles under constant load. So if anything the type of contraction (slower reps, flexing the muscle at all times) is more important than exercise selection.

See it actually answer your questions without talking about arms and without falling asleep.


#7

I think this is really good older CT´s article about mechanical advantage drop sets for biceps: https://www.T-Nation.com/training/jack-up-your-arms-with-mechanical-drop-sets

But i struggle to program some MADS for triceps


#8

Hah I know its not your favourite topic, but I really appreciate the reply.


#9

[quote]Princ wrote:
I think this is really good older CT�´s article about mechanical advantage drop sets for biceps: https://www.T-Nation.com/training/jack-up-your-arms-with-mechanical-drop-sets

But i struggle to program some MADS for triceps
[/quote]

There is a good triceps MADS in the Indigo Project hypertrophy program from a couple years ago, in the specialization workouts section.

https://www.T-Nation.com/workouts/indigo-project