Growth Factor-1: Steroid or Not?

Is growth factor 1 (GF-1) a steroid or not? I have been told it is simply a very potent sterol or was this guy just a crack head. It has 340 mg of Octacosanol per 4 tablets. Also has anybody ever used it, does it work?

If you’re talking about IGF-1, no it is not a steroid. It is a peptide.

Most Growth Factors (if properly named, scientifically, as opposed to by a supp company naming a new product) are proteins or peptides. Steroids have a very specific chemical structure —4 linked carbon rings, 3 of them made of 6 carbons and the other of 5 carbons.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
I don’t think he is talking about proper IGF1 as that doesn’t come in tablets.

I suspect it’s just some snake oil knock off called Growth Factor" (Notice use of capital letters to emphasise the total awesomeness of this product).

That was sarcasm BTW. The guy selling to you is… selling it and therefore should be viewed with justifiable skepticism.

Octosanol. Isn’t that arachidonic acid or similr?[/quote]

Its that full page ad seen in the back pages of many muscle magazines…Highly doubt if it is the real deal based on that fact alone…

Thanks guys, i don’t want to take steroids now i haven’t reached my potential maybe in a few years. just being safe and makin sure. and yes it is that stuff in the back of muscle magazines

No there is a picture of a “vial” type of thing. A little research will turn up pretty common ingredients. Not any gear by a longshot.Growth Factor 1 contains octacosanol, magnesium stearate,and stearic acid. 340mg daily dosage wooohooo!

[quote]Omega_12 wrote:
Thanks guys, i don’t want to take steroids now i haven’t reached my potential maybe in a few years. just being safe and makin sure. and yes it is that stuff in the back of muscle magazines
[/quote]

aaand… HOW exactly will you know you have reached that full potential… what’ll happen?

Also… if you are actually capable of reaching your natural potential (at all IMO) in anything under 15 years then i am impressed… Even lifetime drug free bodybuilders manage to get a few lbs a year… depressing? Maybe. Improving still? Absolutely.

Sorry fella… that comment just grates on my nerves, it aint personal… :wink:

im sory this angers you. i simply say this because im only 18 years old and and have a 400lb dead lift 300lb bench press and 315 on squat. buy no means is this miracle strength but its not bad for only working out hard core(maybe not hardcore by your standards) for 3 months, beginners gains perhaps but i am still improving. I only asked because i wanted to know if this stuff was gonna make my nuts shrink, i plan on having kids some day. and by no means was saying that i will definately reach my potential in a few years. i was merely speculating. and in by no means was i saying that i am better than any of the greats nor anybody for that matter. i hope i have covered all my bases with this post.

Well, I must say that your lifts are pretty impressive for only 3 months of training!!! I remember in my first 3 months I was still trying to get my form right!

Im curious as to what your stats are though.

Jazz

That strong after 3 months? I doubt it, something stinks…

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
That strong after 3 months? I doubt it, something stinks…[/quote]

Maybe he eats a lot of perogies and is naturally strong to start with.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
That strong after 3 months? I doubt it, something stinks…

Maybe he eats a lot of perogies and is naturally strong to start with.[/quote]

haha thats a big maybe. I guess its more plausible to assume that before his switch to “hardcore” he was training 3-4 days a week for 3 years, and now hes training 5-6. I know after 3 months of training I was happy to bench 135 5 times lol

actually before hardcore was maybe once a week at lunch time in highschool but i did play football and wrestle. in my grade 12 year (last year) i got thirdin the 100Kg national championship, and now that im competing at the university level i really need to get strong if i really want to be competative. I lift 6 times a week, (sunday is my rest day) practice with my uni team 5 times a week and with my club team 3 times a week for a total of about 25 hours a week. It also helps that my training partner is 6’5" 280 lbs, thats a big guy and a lot of weight to move.

As for my stats im about 5’9" 100 kg (220 lbs give or take a few depending on the day) 18 years old, kinda fat but like i said before im making quick emprovements and i’ve lost about30 lbs already. at my fattest this summer i was 250. i will also note that the only sup take is a protein shake after every workout and practice

Just try training 20+ hours a week and see what kind of improvement you can make in 3 months. i guarantee you will be amazed what your body can do when you force it

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
That strong after 3 months? I doubt it, something stinks…[/quote]

A guy I work with is naturally around 220lbs fairly lean (had a gut, but arms, legs, and back were huge without much fat). He joined my gym a while back, and within a month, he was benching 315lbs for reps. The only thing he ever really did before that was Jiu-Jitsu. Some people just have freaky natural strength.

Why 20? why not just 5-6 intense hrs a week. It works for me…

The body will adapt, something that its very good at…20 hours is a bit much imo…unless ‘training’ isn’t just weights.

DG

yeah by ‘training’ i meant a combination of lifting and my wrestling and conditioning. this is a combination of 5-6 lifting sessions primarilly compound lifts (1-1.5 hrs each) 5-8 wrestling practices a week (2 hrs each) plus 2-3 conditioning sessions a week swimming running biking or interval training ,however i feel that day (30-45mins each) it all depends on when competitions are and my homework load (im an accademic all-canadian) and finally my work schedual.

this is what it takes to be a national and international level athlete be it pro or amature, or wrestling bjj, bodybuilding, mma or any other competative sport.

plus Arnold, George st. pierre, or any olympic athlete didnt get to where they are buy training 5-6 intense hours a week. My long-term goals are big but they are my own and only i can stop myself

[quote]Omega_12 wrote:
yeah by ‘training’ i meant a combination of lifting and my wrestling and conditioning. this is a combination of 5-6 lifting sessions primarilly compound lifts (1-1.5 hrs each) 5-8 wrestling practices a week (2 hrs each) plus 2-3 conditioning sessions a week swimming running biking or interval training ,however i feel that day (30-45mins each) it all depends on when competitions are and my homework load (im an accademic all-canadian) and finally my work schedual.

this is what it takes to be a national and international level athlete be it pro or amature, or wrestling bjj, bodybuilding, mma or any other competative sport.

plus Arnold, George st. pierre, or any olympic athlete didnt get to where they are buy training 5-6 intense hours a week. My long-term goals are big but they are my own and only i can stop myself[/quote]

Right on, I am an ex college baseball player and understand commitment to long hours.

I do not believe in training in the weight room more than 6-8 hrs a week or so. Pro bodybuilder or not you will just burn yourself out. (excludes cardio)

DG